Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prisons & Jails > Louisiana DOC Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Louisiana DOC Prisons Topics and discussion specific to Louisiana DOC prisons.

Old 12-18-2004, 06:55 AM
Donation Award 

Arrow FEDERAL Prisons in Louisiana (FBOP)

For information on Federal Prisons in Louisiana, please use the following link which will direct you to the Federal Prison System forum here on PTO.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=186

To be more specific, you can also use the search feature here on PTO to find specific facilites if listed within a post. This can be found at:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/search.php?

Facilities located in Louisiana include:

FCC Oakdale
USP Pollock
Old 01-30-2006, 10:16 AM

Can anyone tell me anything about FCC in Oakdale La? My son is scheduled to go there and he's heard such horrible things! Any info I can pass on to him would be appreciated.
Also because I live in Fl. (his whole family) we are trying to contact anyone who could possibly help with a transfer, at least back into our state. He is in the detention center in Tallahassee right now. Thank you all. What a great help and comfort this board has been. Can't say thank you enough.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:39 AM

I live in Floirda also, and my fiance is going to the USP in Louisiana. Why do they move them so far when there's closer facilities? I can't give you any information on the prison itself, but i do know that you can write to

Sout East Regional Office
3800 North Camp Creek Parkway Bld 2000
Atlanta GA, 30331-5099

That's where my fiance was told by his counselor,to have his family write to, to request him to be closer to home.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Donation Award 

Please be sure to visit the federal forum with questions specifically dealing with federal prisons. State and federal are different and the federal members have some great experience with helping with federal issues.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:39 PM

my boyfriend is in USP Pollock and says it's not that bad. There has been a bit more tension since that guy escaped a few months ago. Lock downs have been frequent as of late. but overall, he says it's not that bad. As far as Oakdale goes, my aunt who works at parish prison in baton rouge says it's not bad at all. in comparison to other prisons, it's a resort. i hope so that is where we are hoping the next move will be.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:38 PM

Angry Sad

My man just got to Polluck. So it's not bad? THat made me feel so much bertter. The whole family is worried from uncle to grandma's. Whats the break out the worse that has happened. Are there gangs? Is there a lot of killings? Please respond........
Old 01-25-2007, 07:36 AM
Joy of his life

So is Oakdale FCI in Baton Rouge? I am trying to find out which airport is closest so I can go see my love...Thanks, RObin
Old 01-25-2007, 10:58 PM
Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2006
So is Oakdale FCI in Baton Rouge? I am trying to find out which airport is closest so I can go see my love...Thanks, RObin
Oakdale FCI is in Oakdale, Louisiana. Which is near Alexandria, Louisiana. I'm not sure what airports they have on that side of the state. This is about 2 hours west of Baton Rouge.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Nearest to Alexandria

Our son is in Oakdale. We travel 8 hours to see him quite often. Alexandria had an airport served by several commuter airlines. It is about 35 miles from Alexandria to Oakdale. If you stay at a hotel, stay in Alexandria. The hotel in Oakdale is the dumps. Our son has been there over a year. It is good...or at least I feel it is as good as it can be. The warden is a troubleshooter, sent there to help quiet the prison population after problems years ago. Once he moves on, maybe a kinder and more understanding person will take over. The inmates get alot of freedoms, but they should be allowed to move about the facility like it is meant to be...a minimum, not a medium. I am just glad our son is doing ok. I pray for all of those incarcerated constantly. Coping is extremely hard to do. I thank you all for your posts and comments. It has made this hell bearable. God bless you all!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:01 PM

A quick respond about usp pollock its very bad there they are on lock right now because people are being killed?has any one talk 2 there love on there..
Old 12-22-2009, 04:15 AM
Casanova's wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by monique.gee321 View Post
A quick respond about usp pollock its very bad there they are on lock right now because people are being killed?has any one talk 2 there love on there..
yes i talk to my fiance tonight. he said someone did something in a whole other building and they locke the whole faculity down instead of just locking that part down. but they are off lock down for now. they also gave them 400 minutes for this month to call home. in case you didnt know.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:22 AM
Casanova's wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansengurl View Post
I live in Floirda also, and my fiance is going to the USP in Louisiana. Why do they move them so far when there's closer facilities? I can't give you any information on the prison itself, but i do know that you can write to

Sout East Regional Office
3800 North Camp Creek Parkway Bld 2000
Atlanta GA, 30331-5099

That's where my fiance was told by his counselor,to have his family write to, to request him to be closer to home.
hey is this the place you have to write in order to get the inmate moved from louisiana to wherever. i just didnt quiet understand what you were saying, i apologize. im trying to do the same thing, get my fiance moved to memphis,tn
Old 12-22-2009, 04:28 AM
Casanova's wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRescue712 View Post
Our son is in Oakdale. We travel 8 hours to see him quite often. Alexandria had an airport served by several commuter airlines. It is about 35 miles from Alexandria to Oakdale. If you stay at a hotel, stay in Alexandria. The hotel in Oakdale is the dumps. Our son has been there over a year. It is good...or at least I feel it is as good as it can be. The warden is a troubleshooter, sent there to help quiet the prison population after problems years ago. Once he moves on, maybe a kinder and more understanding person will take over. The inmates get alot of freedoms, but they should be allowed to move about the facility like it is meant to be...a minimum, not a medium. I am just glad our son is doing ok. I pray for all of those incarcerated constantly. Coping is extremely hard to do. I thank you all for your posts and comments. It has made this hell bearable. God bless you all!
thanks for this information. im going to see my fiance next month but i think im going to drive. its only 6 hours away. do you happen to know the waren name there. i will pray for you an your son. dont forget to ask the lord for favor about the 2 news law they will effect all inmate in the federal prisons.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:49 AM
Casanova's wifey

i dont know what going on but something is going on in pollock FBOP. they are on constant locked down. i havent talk to my fiancee in about a week now. right after xmas, we talked and he told me he was out of minutes. so i thought thats wasnt the only reason that he was calling.so i was on my way to see him and i decided to call about 2 hours into my drive which is only a 6 hour drive and thats when they told me that they are on locked down indefinately and told me to call back monday. this is like the 3rd time that they have been on locked down in the month of december. they needs some serious help at that prison. at the bottom of their webpage its says that they are desperately seeking guards or something like that. so if you are visiting any one in pollock prison, it will be in your best interest to call every 2 hours because anything can happen. thanks

Last edited by 4daloveofgeorge; 01-03-2010 at 02:52 AM..
Old 01-03-2010, 02:50 AM
Casanova's wifey

Hopefully a new law is suppose to be passed by congress this year dealing with cocaine and crack cocaine. Cocaine is a powder and crack cocaine is hard, when a person get caught with either one they are weighed up. of course everyone know crack cocaine is heavier than powdered cocaine but they are the same substance, Cocaine. but the law charge a offender different because of the weight and you get more time due to the weight. so the new law will may them be equal, with the same amount of time and the same percentage one must serve. so if your spouse is in prison and has to serve 85% of his or her time. the new law would drop it down to 65%. so let all pray for favor please.
Tags:
Old 01-04-2010, 10:48 AM
HIS MRS
Donation Award 

The recording is on that USP Pollock is currently in lockdown status. I think one of the reports I read said that it happened last Tuesday. The report claimed that 2 inmates got into an altercation but that "there were no serious injuries". That's how it was written, in quotation. Huh? What does that mean?
Anyway, I'm thinking it was way more serious than what they are reporting. Lately, for the smal incidents, they'd just have them locked down for a few hours or even for a day or two. They had been doing pretty good with the modified lockdowns, too. That's why I'm thinking this incident was serious because it's been so long and now they have the recording going. I hope this doesn't last the whole month like it did in August.

Let's all pray for the safety and care of our loved ones in Pollock, let's pray they remain in a healthy state of mind and let's pray for ourselves for patience with the BOP!
4daloveofgeorge (01-04-2010)
Old 01-04-2010, 01:46 PM

Greetings & Happy New Year.
Anybody have more info on Oakdale Satellite Prison Camp in LA? I SS on Jan 19th. Just looking for any aditional information.
Much Obliged,

Michael
Old 01-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Casanova's wifey

Default locked down

pollock is still on locked down and i was told today that it might last through the weekend. so before anyone take a trip to visit,please call the prison first. have a bless day.

Last edited by 4daloveofgeorge; 01-04-2010 at 02:38 PM..
Old 01-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Casanova's wifey

Default i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty's_Girl View Post
The recording is on that USP Pollock is currently in lockdown status. I think one of the reports I read said that it happened last Tuesday. The report claimed that 2 inmates got into an altercation but that "there were no serious injuries". That's how it was written, in quotation. Huh? What does that mean?
Anyway, I'm thinking it was way more serious than what they are reporting. Lately, for the smal incidents, they'd just have them locked down for a few hours or even for a day or two. They had been doing pretty good with the modified lockdowns, too. That's why I'm thinking this incident was serious because it's been so long and now they have the recording going. I hope this doesn't last the whole month like it did in August.

Let's all pray for the safety and care of our loved ones in Pollock, let's pray they remain in a healthy state of mind and let's pray for ourselves for patience with the BOP!
i really think there is something going on. there are on constance locked down. and it is so frustrating to me. cause i was on my way to see my fiancee and i just call like 2 hours into my drive and was totally disappointed to hear that they were on locked down. this is all new to me. the whole fed thand and prison talk. but it does help alot to know other are going through the same and are trying to be an encouragement to one another. you be bless and thanks alot.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:19 AM
HIS MRS
Donation Award 

It is such a wonderful thing being able to connect with others who are dealing with the same situation...especially when it comes to the FED system. I feel the same way you do...something is going on over at Pollock but they won't give any details on the phone. I have a feeling that this will be a long lockdown. (I'm hoping not but this might be their way of 'showing them better than telling them' when stuff goes down in the prison) But the last couple months they've had little things on and off because a couple of times weekend visits were cancelled. I'll be glad when I get a letter from him letting me know what's going on.

You be blessed, as well and let's hope we get to see our loves very soon!

Last edited by Cutty's_Girl; 01-05-2010 at 09:20 AM..
Old 01-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Casanova's wifey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covergirl007 View Post
My man just got to Polluck. So it's not bad? THat made me feel so much bertter. The whole family is worried from uncle to grandma's. Whats the break out the worse that has happened. Are there gangs? Is there a lot of killings? Please respond........
plus they stay on locked down
Old 01-31-2010, 01:40 AM

hey im going to surrender to the pollock fcc witch is a sattelite to the usp pollock can any one give me info on the camp i did not know they had a camp there....