Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison Visitation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Minnesota Prison Visitation All information & questions related to visitation in all Minnesota facilities should be posted here.

Old 12-03-2004, 07:25 PM

Unhappy Kinda upset with Minnesota Correctional Facility-Lino Lakes visit...(venting)

Ok, I just got back from a visit at Lino Lakes with my girls. I have to say that visiting sucks there compared to St. Cloud. Granted this was our first visit and is much closer than St. Cloud--BUT-the waiting room and lockers are TINY, I was so claustrophobic! I had to pay for 2 lockers for our coats. You can't bring in a diaper or wipes like you could in St. Cloud for changing. Plus in St. Cloud they had a ton of books for the kids and the girls loved that. Just recently they had put in a brand new book case and all new books for kids---it was so nice. Also---the WORST part is that because of our visit my husband missed dinner and was told that he had to chose to visit or eat. And if he chose to eat, his visitors would be told to leave. They also don't offer bag lunches as an option like they did in St. Cloud when inmates would miss a meal because of a visit. That is just cruel.

Anyway, just needed to vent----I feel so bad.

until you come home (10/23/06)

<!-- / message -->
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2004, 07:30 PM

Sorry the visiting conditions are not good. I am sure your husband would rather see you any day instead of eating. I know its the principle. When we visit J he misses lunch and or dinner but at least we have vending machines. Glad you had a safe trip.

ONE

HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2004, 08:36 PM

Thanks so much for your reply. Unfortunately here in MN there are no vending machines. Visiting conditions here are lousy. He had also just transferred a few days ago to this new facility and of course has no extra food of his own, because he missed the canteen order. So he has to go without anything from canteen for 2 weeks.

<!-- / message -->
Old 12-04-2004, 04:00 PM

I feel you about Lino- I think it's the worst one there is. I even prefer Stillwater, where my guy is now. I used to get panic attacks if the visiting room was too full and they didn't open that back door for fresh air!
Old 12-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Lovin Life!

girl that is cruel!!! i cant believe that they would make him go hungry like that!! they dont even have vending machines?? now thats odd. my little brother was just in the lino lakes juvenile detention center right across the parking lotfrom the jail, the visiting rooms there was also very small, but atleast they had vending machines. they didnt have lockers there, you had to hang your coat on the little coat hooks on the outside of the door before they buzz you in to visit. but i guess all lino lakes facilities suck!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 09:39 PM

Thats kinda weird because when i was in lino we had vending machines downstairs. I guess it does depend on what unit he is in though. I do know that some of the units do not have them....

That is something that only Lino does because i do believe Moose Lake and Faribault still offer bag lunches...

So sorry to hear your visit didn't go as well as planned.

(And aren't those lockers just teeny tiny)
Old 12-08-2004, 12:31 PM

I found the best thing to do is leave your coat or jacket in the car. I thought vending machines were available throughout Lino. I haven't visited there but know a few who have gone through.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:41 PM

Default Re:

I thought I should just clear one thing up since some of you had wondered about the vending machines---there probably is vending machines for the inmates, but my husband had just transferred from St. Cloud a few days before the visit and didn't have those tokens or whatever you get, because of the transfer. It takes a while for money and all that stuff to transfer with you. And what I meant about no vending machines--is that I thought the person who posted meant that where they are there are vending machines in the visiting room, b/c I know some states have that.
Thanks for your responses.

<!-- / message -->
Old 12-26-2004, 08:34 AM
Never Give Up!

Yesterday when I went to visit, Eddy was just about to switch out for brunch and they let him go eat and let us wait in the reception room. I was thinking maybe it's because it was Christmas? I don't know. I usually go on weekends in the afternoon, and on Thursdays around 6:00 or 6:30.

Kim
Wife to Eddy
My Love, My Life
Old 12-26-2004, 08:35 AM
Never Give Up!

BTW yep there are vending machines for the inmates. When Eddy first got there he was really excited about that. As soon as his canteen came in and he'd ordered his tokens, he got himself an ice cream bar LOL!!!!

Kim
Wife to Eddy
My Love, My Life
Old 12-28-2004, 09:42 PM

Default Kim-Christmas Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddysWife
Yesterday when I went to visit, Eddy was just about to switch out for brunch and they let him go eat and let us wait in the reception room. I was thinking maybe it's because it was Christmas? I don't know. I usually go on weekends in the afternoon, and on Thursdays around 6:00 or 6:30.
Wasn't Christmas Day just obnoxious at Lino Lakes?? I couldn't believe it! I guess I should've realized that it was going to be a busy day, but just didn't prepare myself for it. There were so many visitors, they went over capacity in the visiting area a couple of times when we were there. We were there around 11 AM. What a day that was! (Especially with a 2 year old and that crowd--LOL)

<!-- / message -->
Old 12-29-2004, 06:28 AM
Never Give Up!

Okay then if you were there at 11, I didn't leave until 11:40, we HAD to have been there at the same time!!!! I had my 2 boys with me, one 10 yr old with brown hair and a itty bitty 5 year old with blonde hair. I have long red/brown hair. Eddy's a big guy (around) with longish light brown hair and a beard. We were sitting in that alcove they use for families, pretty close to the toys.

When I got there at 10, there was only a girl with a little girl waiting. By the time we went in, I'd say maybe 4 groups had come in by then. It wasn't bad at all. But when we left visiting it was INSANE!!!!

Kim
Wife to Eddy
My Love, My Life