Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 11-26-2004, 07:56 AM

Lightbulb Immigration information websites

Check out these 2 sites. www.ILW.com that's Immigration News you can look up cases and find different information. They even have times you can chat with lawyers. Also www.familiesforfreedom.org they are working to change the harsh deportation laws on the books now, also advice and numbers for other organizatons.I wonder how many families will have be torn apart before the US Government decides that "family values" and keeping families together should apply to ALL, that if you say "everyone deserves a second chance" it should mean everyone. I admit I am not unbaised here because I want my loved one to be able to serve his time and come home, but I feel non-citizens are being punished twice for the same crime, they do their time then face deportation. Sorry, but I needed to vent just a bit, I hope someone can find something helpful to them on these sites.
Rainbow
19Annie71 (07-14-2013), cocacola4kris (10-18-2013), dream16 (03-18-2010), irishcanuk (07-22-2010), jordan&Florin (08-23-2009), JRP42187 (03-11-2009), Loving My Papi (12-04-2008), ohiolove (12-05-2008), psalm23 (04-05-2011), saracmc (01-15-2011), smile4evelyn (05-04-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2004, 10:50 AM
Always Special to PTO!

Thank you so much for sharing these sites with us!
I am going to make this thread a sticky.

"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after
Old 04-05-2005, 09:04 AM

One of the best on the net www.immigrate2us.net It's not just for people trying to immigrate. It's for everyone. All the info you could want + VERY helpful people.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emica For This Useful Post:
flilly13 (12-09-2010)
Old 09-26-2005, 10:33 PM

Rainbow,
I know exactly how you feel. After my fiance' serves his time of 110 months, he is going to be deported. I have spoken with immigration attorneys who offer no hope. I was told by one attorney that if my fiance' had 7 children and no one to take care of them and they were all retarded, he still would not be allowed to stay in the US. You can just imagine how discouraged I felt. I just hope the immigration laws change to our benefit. Though he did not commit a non-violent crime, his case is still considered as an aggravated felony therefore; it is a reason for mandatory deportation.

Last edited by Rojosgirl; 09-26-2005 at 10:34 PM..
Old 11-13-2005, 09:05 PM

I agree with you. I'm a U.S. with 3 children who had never left the U.S before and my husband was deported and now we live in Mexcio. And It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna check out these sites. Thanks for the info.Amy
Old 01-13-2006, 01:27 PM

Default thank you

im new to this site, i just found it today when searching the web for immigration lawyers. My fiance and babys father was reaseantly arrested and might be facing reenty charges. He was deproted in OCT 2004 and i brought him back in April 2005. Im not even finished paying my family for the loan to bring him back . I payed about $5000 to bring him back becuase i went to Honduras with him and was planing to stay there with him but there is no hope of living a prosperes life there. I dont want my doughter to grow up in poverty. I was born and raised here and this is all i know. I cant imagine raising my doughter in another county where no matter how hard we work we will only have enogh for food and necessary things. Now that his is back we where doing good.. untill FBI came to my house last week 1/5/05 the day before our doughters 2nd b-day, took him with the excuse of his immigration status. But they are using that to get him to testify against a gangmemeber who we knew very well. That guy is being accused of murder and we have info the FBI wants so they are tring to make all sort of promisses to my fiance that if he testifies and helps he wont get deported. BUt im not sure how true that is. MS 13 is a very dangeres gang and by talking we are putting our lives in danger. So im really worried hell talk and then FBI wont help us after they get the info they want from him. So that is why i started to reasearch and went to the site Families For Freedem .. .got to speak to a lawyer who has given me some great advice and contact info for people where im at that can help. I just want to say thanks to this site for all its information. Hey makes me just want to go back to school and become some sort of lawyer or something so i can help others in this type of situation. Im only 20 my fiance just turned 28 all we wanted was to settle down and rais our doghter together so she will never follow our footsteps and join a gang.. but we because he is illegal in this country we have to put our lives in danger to try and get some help on keeping him here i love this country for its oppertunites but i hate the unfair justice system. Im sorry for babbaling im just very upset with everything that is going on at this time, and it feels so good to let some of it out .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anita_jilc For This Useful Post:
cocacola4kris (10-18-2013)
Old 01-13-2006, 02:30 PM
I am back yet again

Red face Welcome

Sorry to hear about your boyfriend. Hopefully you will find lots of very useful information here in the immigration section. Everyone is very friendly-well most everyone! If there is anything you need to talk about you can im me or email me. My husband too is being charged with re-entry and we are awaiting sentencing in March. Good Luck and our prayers go out to you.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Naldo's mamas 4 life

Girl, you hang in there. My prayers go out to you and everyone on this site. Life will only get better if we leave our life in Gods' hands. Do whats right for your family.

You need to move, relocate, change the way you live and no one will recognize you. Just have faith. God bless you and take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita_jilc
im new to this site, i just found it today when searching the web for immigration lawyers. My fiance and babys father was reaseantly arrested and might be facing reenty charges. He was deproted in OCT 2004 and i brought him back in April 2005. Im not even finished paying my family for the loan to bring him back . I payed about $5000 to bring him back becuase i went to Honduras with him and was planing to stay there with him but there is no hope of living a prosperes life there. I dont want my doughter to grow up in poverty. I was born and raised here and this is all i know. I cant imagine raising my doughter in another county where no matter how hard we work we will only have enogh for food and necessary things. Now that his is back we where doing good.. untill FBI came to my house last week 1/5/05 the day before our doughters 2nd b-day, took him with the excuse of his immigration status. But they are using that to get him to testify against a gangmemeber who we knew very well. That guy is being accused of murder and we have info the FBI wants so they are tring to make all sort of promisses to my fiance that if he testifies and helps he wont get deported. BUt im not sure how true that is. MS 13 is a very dangeres gang and by talking we are putting our lives in danger. So im really worried hell talk and then FBI wont help us after they get the info they want from him. So that is why i started to reasearch and went to the site Families For Freedem .. .got to speak to a lawyer who has given me some great advice and contact info for people where im at that can help. I just want to say thanks to this site for all its information. Hey makes me just want to go back to school and become some sort of lawyer or something so i can help others in this type of situation. Im only 20 my fiance just turned 28 all we wanted was to settle down and rais our doghter together so she will never follow our footsteps and join a gang.. but we because he is illegal in this country we have to put our lives in danger to try and get some help on keeping him here i love this country for its oppertunites but i hate the unfair justice system. Im sorry for babbaling im just very upset with everything that is going on at this time, and it feels so good to let some of it out .

ThickNSexy Lola
Old 04-17-2006, 06:19 PM

visit homeland security website www.uscis.gov it used to be www.ins.gov . You will get all info. you need on this website.....
Old 04-17-2006, 06:21 PM

You can also call thier customer support at 1 (800) 375-5283
Old 10-27-2006, 05:45 PM

my husband is probably going to be deported he suppose to get out on 9/23/06 but ins stepped in and in oct they move him to new mexico i have not received any phone calls or letter just other people who has spouse in there who knows him. He went in for a non violent crime dui 60 days and he never met his son who was born on 9/29/06. i sent him pictures. not the same. ins said he broke an immigration law he didnt go back when he was suppose to but really who does? but we are married and have an son together and he is close to my other children. with this info for the websites hopefully i can stop him from naybe being deported.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:16 PM

Default illegical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow
Check out these 2 sites. www.ILW.com that's Immigration News you can look up cases and find different information. They even have times you can chat with lawyers. Also www.familiesforfreedom.org they are working to change the harsh deportation laws on the books now, also advice and numbers for other organizatons.I wonder how many families will have be torn apart before the US Government decides that "family values" and keeping families together should apply to ALL, that if you say "everyone deserves a second chance" it should mean everyone. I admit I am not unbaised here because I want my loved one to be able to serve his time and come home, but I feel non-citizens are being punished twice for the same crime, they do their time then face deportation. Sorry, but I needed to vent just a bit, I hope someone can find something helpful to them on these sites.
Rainbow
well i am black american i seed rascism and yes are illegals and worst when you come to another country yet will not learn english
Old 10-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Donation Award 

I would like to add:

www dot nationalimmigrationproject dot org / ImmRightsRes / IRR dot html

replace dot with . and close up spaces

Scroll down to the bottom and look for Immigration Consequences of Criminal Convictions. This section is a great reference for dealing with convictions.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:08 PM

HI, I'M NEW TO THIS SITE AND WAS READING A FEW OF THE STATEMENTS ABOUT IMMAGRATION. MY HUSBAND IS IN JAIL ITS BEEN 4 YEARS NOW AND HE HAS A PAROL HEARING THIS YEAR AND WAS WONDERING IF THEY DO DECIDE TO LET HIM GO ON PAROL WOULD HE BE SENT TO MEXICO SINCE HE IS ILLIGAL?
Old 10-19-2008, 08:23 AM

Welcome to the Immigration forum.

Yes, he will go back to Mexico.

BTW, you posted in the part of the forum for "stickies:. This part is not usually read
daily or used for general posting so if you have more questions try to post below the stickies (you will get more answers).
Old 02-06-2009, 06:44 AM

This is a discussion on About UK Study Visa and Immigration information required within the Indian B schools, College Zone and Campus Talks forums, part of the Management Students Voices ( MBA,BMS,MMS,BMM,BBA) category; Hi 2 All, I am looking information about UK immigration. Please guide me where from I can collect proper information ...
Old 02-06-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita_jilc View Post
In all honesty, that is the best help your honey can get with ICE. Although, I realize that for him to testify could put him, you and your child in danger. An attorney can help him negotiate with the US Attorney for assistance in gaining legal status as well as protection. It may mean entering the witness protection program, but it would keep your family together. Only you and he can make the decision that is best and right for yourselves and your family, but it is something to consider. As long as you've got an attorney working for your honey and he's part of the deal process, the US attorney have to keep their word if your honey does what is asked of him. I have a friend who has had several friends helped in a similar way and they had no other chance to be able to stay in the US. It is not a choice that everyone would make, but everyone has to do what is best for themselves and their family first.
Good luck with whatever you guys decide.
Oops! Silly me......just realized that I replied to a very old post!

Last edited by pamela_c; 02-06-2009 at 12:32 PM..
Old 02-25-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojosgirl View Post
Rainbow,
I know exactly how you feel. After my fiance' serves his time of 110 months, he is going to be deported. I have spoken with immigration attorneys who offer no hope. I was told by one attorney that if my fiance' had 7 children and no one to take care of them and they were all retarded, he still would not be allowed to stay in the US. You can just imagine how discouraged I felt. I just hope the immigration laws change to our benefit. Though he did not commit a non-violent crime, his case is still considered as an aggravated felony therefore; it is a reason for mandatory deportation.
I have a question for you...have you had any luck in trying to figure out something to help your finace...because i am almost in the exact position as you...my finace has the same problem and i am having no luck on finding anything to help...
Old 07-11-2010, 07:11 PM
Banned

I would like to share this information
There are really lots of scammers today like Laeeque Ahmad

Nowadays real estate business become bigger and bigger especially in Canada..Because of this, there are really lots of people who are abusing this..

My dad bought a house from him, we do regret working with Laeeque because he played both sides and made us pay extra money on the side assuring us we would get the price we wanted for the property if we did so. My dad paid him $2000 and ended up paying asking price for the house after that. Laeeque is an asshole.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:50 PM

Has anyone any information about the International Inmate Transfer process from Canada to Ireland. I know its a long shot but it can't hurt. Thanks in advance, L.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:30 AM

Default Deportation Information and Help needed...Can and will you help me?

Hello Anita: My husband has a hold from ICE. He is serving time right now and I need to know if you know what I can do to stop the deportation? I am scared and upset, and very sad because I do not know where to turn to. And to make matters worst, I have very little money so do you know who can help me so that my husband can get legal counsel for Immigration purposes. Also, he got a 3 year sentence will he have to serve it all or will he be deported after serving 50% of sentence? Any information anyone has would be very appreciated. He was charged for an aggravated crime. Eventhough, he is not guilty.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:26 AM
moonpie75

Hello,

He can appeal the "Cancellation for request of Deportation". There are forms he will need to complete. But it may go to the 9th court.. My exhusband has been waiting for an answer for 1 1/2 yrs so far.. But its worth a try.. You see if someone has an aggrated felony, it automatically disqualifies them.. But they can appeal.
Hope it helps.