Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > TX State Jails, Private Prisons, Treatment & Parole Facilities Forums > Dawson State Jail - UNIT CLOSED
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-24-2004, 08:05 PM

Default Women State Jails - Texas State Jail

My granddaughter got a letter from her attorney and said she could plea bargain for 14 months State jail time for violation of her probation. My question is where are the State Jails for women located in Texas and what does anyone know about them--Do they have a job--things to do etc.
Proud grannie
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2004, 09:32 PM

Guess no one in Texas has someone in a women's state jail.
Proud grannie
Old 11-25-2004, 09:52 PM
PTO Admin - SysOp
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,928 Times in 967 Posts

Hi Proud Grannie,
If she is going to do State jail time, I am guessing that includes CCA institutions? I'm not up to speed on this but I am sure someone will be by shortly that is. Due to the Thanksgiving Day holidays, a lot of people are away..

Are you having account or other issues at PTO? If so, use the...

Old 11-25-2004, 09:55 PM

Ok, Proud grannie,here's your answer.
Dawson Unit in Dallas County, Henley and Plane Units in Liberty County, Travis County Unit in Travis County, and Woodman Unit in Coryall County. Hope this helps.
Papi

Last edited by amorepapi; 11-25-2004 at 09:56 PM..
Old 11-25-2004, 09:57 PM

Old 11-25-2004, 09:58 PM

I was right behind u fed-x
papi
Old 11-26-2004, 02:57 AM

first how long does she have left on her probation and remember state jail is day for day nothing to do but sit like you do in the county. There is no going out side nothing it's exactly like dallas county. If they are offering her this instead of prison on 14 months she will only have to do a fourth of that time and come out on parole depends if she wants to sit around. but it is winter and it is cold in prison but you can go out and move around. It really depends on how she wants to do her time. I hear the food is nastier than prison(if thats possible) and the place is nasty. But that was only dawson the others may be different.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:50 PM

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like Prison might be better but she will have to decide for herself. I thought if you went to state jail your time was all done no parole.
Proud grannie
Old 11-28-2004, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindergirl
first how long does she have left on her probation and remember state jail is day for day nothing to do but sit like you do in the county. There is no going out side nothing it's exactly like dallas county. If they are offering her this instead of prison on 14 months she will only have to do a fourth of that time and come out on parole depends if she wants to sit around. but it is winter and it is cold in prison but you can go out and move around. It really depends on how she wants to do her time. I hear the food is nastier than prison(if thats possible) and the place is nasty. But that was only dawson the others may be different.
You ask how long she had on her probation--it is around 3 years. She is to visit her attorney face to face either this week or next. She does not know if they will offer any other things or not. All the letter stated was 14 months plea bargin deal in State Jail
Proud grannie.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:34 AM

at the state jail where I worked, there were jobs available to the inmates that were physically able to do so. The is also education, church, and a few other various activities that she can join. They live in dormitories with 57 other women and are allowed to leave for chow, to pick up necessities, leave for work, etc. Thankfully, they get to shower alone!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:57 PM

Proud Grannie:
Has anything happened with your granddaughter? Has she gone back to SAFP? How long will she stay? I was at Halbert this past week-end to see my daughter. She was disappointed because she thought she was getting her clothing pass and didn't. Her original out date was supposed to be Feb. 16th, but she said since she didn't get her clothing pass she wouldn't be leaving then. I am trying to find out her out date, but not having any luck. Her PO won't tell me for security reasons. That is stupid. Anyway, tell me about your granddaughter and grandson. Regards
Old 01-18-2005, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLS223
Proud Grannie:
Has anything happened with your granddaughter? Has she gone back to SAFP? How long will she stay? I was at Halbert this past week-end to see my daughter. She was disappointed because she thought she was getting her clothing pass and didn't. Her original out date was supposed to be Feb. 16th, but she said since she didn't get her clothing pass she wouldn't be leaving then. I am trying to find out her out date, but not having any luck. Her PO won't tell me for security reasons. That is stupid. Anyway, tell me about your granddaughter and grandson. Regards
My granddaughter did not have to go to State jail after all. The judge gave her SAFP instead. This will be a relaspe program She did not accept the 14 month State jail deal. She is in county jail right now waiting to go to SAFP. She thinks she may go this week or next and will probably go back to Burnet. Her PO told her Burnet is the only one taking women right now. She was in Burnet before.
Grandson is doing good as far as I can tell. He got out of SAFP and the half-way house. He is working--going to his meetings and has a girl friend. He plans to go back to college next Aug. Hope he does.
I have not heard of a clothing pass is this something new? Neither of my grandkids got a clothing pass. We had to mail them a suit of clothes-shoes undies etc to them for them to wear to the half-way house.
maybe your daughter will get out on time. I was told when mine were in SAFP they could get out a few days before or after--we would not know the exact day.
Hope your daughter does good in the half-way house. Let us know when she get moved to the half-way house.
Proud grannie