Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina Prison Visitation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

South Carolina Prison Visitation All information & questions related to visitation in all South Carolina facilities should be posted here.

Old 08-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Closed

Default South Carolina Correctional Facilities - Visitation Questions

Hi, I'm newbie here and I'm so thankfull that I found this site. My husband is at Kershaw Correctional Institution and i live in Columbia. He has only been there for about 2 weeks now. If anyone has any info on Kershaw that they can share with me it would be great. He hasn't sent me the form to fill out for visitation yet because they don't have any!! Imagine that!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2003, 10:13 PM
Donation Award 

Hi. Welcome to the group. I've heard that Kershaw used to be kind of rough but that it has gotten better. At least you don't have far to drive! I hope you get your form soon. It takes forever to get it processed. I've been waiting almost 2 months!

He's Home!
Old 08-21-2003, 09:37 AM
Closed

WoW!!! It takes that long??? I just received the form yesterday. I'm surprised they didn't ask for a DNA sample. I will get it in the mail today and I guess that I can look forward to a visit sometime around Thanksgiving.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:37 AM
Donation Award 

I called CVC (Central Visitation Center) and they said it takes 6 to 8 weeks to process. You can call them between 1 and 3 to see if you've been approved (if you can get through). The numbers are 803-734-2478 or 843-740-6128. They said that he could have a visit after a month, but...
Old 10-30-2005, 05:38 PM
MichelleDB

Default Visitation at Kirkland

Kahlan, From what I've read and from what Doug has told me, if he's still at Kirkland after 30 days he can get a visit, right? He's all excited about a visit if he's still there next week(he's been there 3 weeks so far), but my question is if the visitation forms aren't approved yet, is this considered a special visit? or are we just out of luck if the forms are not approved yet? We sent in his telephone papers and visitation papers at the same time and they approved his phone calls a week ago. I just hope he gets placed somewhere close by. We're in the upstate area/Greenville, Greer and there are prisons close to here. We'll have our fingers crossed!! Thanks
Old 10-30-2005, 09:45 PM
mikeanddiane

Default Welcome Regwash1

Welcome, To Pto , My Son Is In Wateree Corr Inst, I Will Find Out From Him, If He Has Any Friends There, In Kershaw.. Anyway Welcome
This Is A Great Site, And Lots Of Help..so Ask Away,your Sure To Be Answered...fell Free To Pm Me Any Time , Diane Gilbert Sc
Old 10-31-2005, 03:58 PM
Donation Award 

I think that your forms have to be approved. I would call the warden and ask. It may be different for Kirkland.

I hope that he will move close to home!

He's Home!
Old 11-01-2005, 11:06 AM
MichelleDB

Default visitation

Thanks Kahlan, I appreciate the input. I'm waiting on him to call right now, so I'll get him to check on it to from his end. I hope he's out of there soon. He was there 3 weeks yesterday. He says its hell!!! Have a good day...... Michelle
Old 11-07-2005, 10:46 AM
California Dreaming

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 1,467 Times in 749 Posts

Michelle while my son was still in county waiting to be sent to Kirkalnd i found this site and knew more about kirkland than he did. I told him while still in county to get a hold of the forms as soon as he could and send them so I could get it started. He got to kirkland on Monday his belongings were mailed to me on Thursday and the following wednesday I got my first short brief letter from him. More like a note than anything because the paper is small note sized paper. Anyway I mailed my phone form along with the attached phone bill and then filled out the visitation form and malied them both off that same wednesday. He has yet to recieve a notice saying I was approved for visitation nor did I recieve any notice as of yet. I just knew he had been there 30 days already took a chance an called to make an appointment for visitation and it went right through. best advise is get the paperwork done ASAP and you should be ready wwhen they allow visitation.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:18 AM

Red face Looking for help

Kahlan, my sister was transferred from R&E at Camille to Leath Correctional in Greenwood. She has been in custody for over a month now and we are still waiting to see her. The forms have been sent in for over 2 weeks now and her boyfriend sent his form in after mine and her kids and our mom but he has been approved for visitation. We have never had anyone in prison in our family before and I am scared for her. We spoke toher last night and she is doing fine but I can't help but to worry. Do you have any information on Leath that would help me? I miss her dearly and we are hoping that she will only have to do about a year of her 5 year sentence. I just stumbled across this site and I am not really sure how it works but I am giving anything a try.

ScaredinSC
Old 11-22-2005, 10:28 AM

ScaredinSC, call Central Visitation @ 803-896-1838. You leave your name, number and inmate information and they will call you back. They can tell you if there's a problem with the visitation forms or if you've been approved. Usually it takes several days for them to call back. I don't know when you put in your visitation papers but it does take 4 to 6 weeks, I believe. To listen to a phone message of SCDC telephone numbers, call 803-896-8500. I hope these numbers help.

Welcome to our group. I'm sorry you have a reason to join us but I'm happy you are here if you need us. These ladies and gentlemen are great. They will help you all they can.

Sherrie
Old 01-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Chris' Mother

Default Jceebrz

I have had my visitation form in since Dec. 8, 2005. I called the central visitation phone and left my name and phone number. I was called back a week later and she told me that she could not even attempt to find my form. That it takes 6 to 8 weeks for it to be processed and until that time frame has past, I will just have to wait for my son to contact me if I am approved. She would not even check to make sure they have my form.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:57 AM
Donation Award 

Try them again after 6 weeks. They were probably very busy in December and they usually won't talk to you if it has been less than 6 weeks. It's a very frustrating process but they will usually work with you if you are not approved in 8 weeks.

He's Home!
Old 01-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Chris' Mother

Thank you Kahlan. This is my first Christmas without even talking to him...The phone is also a wait and see. Thank God for mail service.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Chris' Mother

YEAHHHH I finally got approved for visitation and got to see him today. I was so happy but it made me sad again to have to leave him. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster ride. ( I always hated them)
Old 01-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Donation Award 

That's great! I'm glad that you got to visit!

But the ride home is so long... I know that feeling well.

He's Home!
Old 01-20-2006, 05:04 PM
A Long Wait To Go...

Kahlan, i need your advice i have already sent in 2 visitation forms and was denied on both and i also wrote a letter to the warden in between the the 2 denials. what is my next course of action so that i may be able to see my honey. ive been trying for the last 7 months to try and get approved to visit, how do i go about getting a special visit?

Old 01-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Donation Award 

Are you being denied by Central Visitation or by the prison?

He's Home!
Old 01-21-2006, 12:37 AM
A Long Wait To Go...

By central visitation.

Old 01-21-2006, 08:07 AM
Donation Award 

What are their objections?

He could speak to his counselor and have you added as family. You will probably have to send in proof to go along with it if weren't in the original report.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Gasongbird

I know I am premature on this question, as my daughter just got arrested, and there's no telling when she will actually be sentenced. The question I have is, how difficult will it be for a female sex offender to get approved for visitation? I was told that it would be up to the individual warden to be able to see her. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:24 PM
Chris's mom

My son is in Evans and having a hard time sending me the visitation forms. They are supposedly out of them. Is it a generic form? does anyone have a copy of one that I could fill out. Thanks alot
Old 04-02-2006, 05:54 PM

Go to the SCDC website and look for visitation. You can probably find a form to download.
Susie
Old 04-08-2006, 06:40 PM

How is Ridgeland at visitation does anyone know?
Old 04-08-2006, 06:40 PM

To get a form I think that the inmate has to mail it to you