Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 11-16-2004, 07:04 AM
Account Closed

Default Fox News Investigates TDCJ Parole Officers

Becky Oliver with Fox Four News KDFW in Dallas has been conducting an investigation on local parole officers, it took three months and TDCJ wanted 30K plus to release records on the officers. One was caught drinking on the job, many have active warrants and past convictions. The investigation will air tonight at nine on Ch 4 in D/FW. For those not in the viewing area I will download and post the transcript of the investigation as soon as it becomes available.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2004, 07:07 AM
Loving Life Now!!

Let us know! When I was living up near Dallas, I loved watching Becky Oliver! She tells it like it is! I remember when she caught the DPS trooper watching a movie in the patrol car! That was SO good!

Nancy
Old 11-16-2004, 07:17 AM
Texas Tornado
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,127 Times in 590 Posts

Good eye! I would love to hear the outcome of this. Tape it if you get the chance or have the ability. I would love to watch it. Let us know what comes of it.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:20 AM
Account Closed

I did not even think to tape it, great idea. I will see what I can do, won't that make interesting viewing for the g2g.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:34 AM

The parole supervisor they showed on tv this morning was one of the ones where i did my parole at she always did seem a little tipsy can't wait to see all of this deal. I am sure they caught alot of them at alot of things. I think they were the easiest parole office from what i heard guess we know why now. I know my po officer never came to see me she would call from shopping and say she had put me down as having had a home visit and that was ok with me. she is now a supervisor in another division. this ought to be interesting since i know all of these parole officers.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:26 AM
He is Home!! Thank God!

THanks for posting. I would love to see the transcript.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:34 AM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

If you do tape it, Crack - I would like to see it. God willing, I hope that I'll NEVER have to deal with Texas PO's!
Old 11-16-2004, 09:36 AM
Account Closed

This is going to be interesting to see how it turns out. Some had active warrants on them???? How stupid....Please let us know. Thanks Jeanne
Old 11-16-2004, 01:07 PM

I will be watching. Can't wait to see what they have to say.

Old 11-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Closed

awesome thanks!!!!
Old 11-16-2004, 01:27 PM

Thanks for the info. My husbands parole officer lied to the parole board, resulting in his revocation 8 months ago. My life has been a living nightmare since.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Waiting for our day!

I will for sure be watching!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2004, 06:19 PM
Waiting Wives Club Member

If my husband's ex-parole officer is on there (the ass that recomended revocation for his missed home visit due to work, and btw he did get revoked last august 2003) I'LL RAISE HELL I tell ya! I'm so going to tape this, because if that man is on there, I'm going to the TOP with this one and I wont stop until they release my hubby right then and there. OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Thanks for the info for tonight. OMG I'm excited to see now which officers it is. And I'll report tonight if it was him or not!!! AHHH I LOVE THIS WEB SITE!!!! SO MUCH SUPPORT AND TONS OF PEOPLE WITH THINGS IN COMMON! You can actually bitch about things and people KNOW where you're coming from and it's ok!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Old 11-16-2004, 08:59 PM
Account Closed

Default Sorry for the typos

Mervsgirl is taping this for us; my VCR has pooped the bed. Here goes:

Who is supervising the thousands of criminals…parole out of control?

There are 76000 parolees in Texas. "It’s been a violent, deadly time in Dallas County."

Fox News found ten parolees facing new murder charges. One had 13 previous convictions, none violent, one B and E, 3 or more DWI; TDCJ did not know about offenders new DWI, resulting in his 14 criminal conviction. He will be eligible again next year. Parole department employees have been warned not to talk to public. One officer states that the agency is all about keeping jail population down and that the agency does not want media to get out information about how negligent they have been in staffing procedure, etc. Video clip of parole officer drinking out of brown paper bag and stopping at liqueur store. She is taped again and she is obviously drinking Chi Chi’s Pre Mixed Long Island iced tea no brown bag. Stopped by reporter and asked what she is drinking. Told parole officer she has pictures of her drinking liquor. The parole officer was video taped going out to her car every half hour.The officer has no comment. She was convicted of drunk driving in ninety three, served two years probation while supervising parolees.

“You do easy time in Texas” says one parole officer, David Robinson, who has been convicted of driving with out a license and no insurance. He was written up by Karen Chapman in 2003. Robison was also charged with unlawfully carrying weapon and received deferred ajudification in 98 the charge was dismissed after completing probation. He has since gone to jail for traffic tickets. Other parole officers have been in trouble with the law. One has been charged with assault, another, Roy Allen, has been charged with two DWI in 2001. Misdemeanor probation does not qualify for automatic termination. 3 misdemeanors within a two year period qualify for disciplinary action. Parole officers complain personal problems with the law interfere with monitoring parolees.

. Story continues tomorrow addressing what agency tried Fox News to charge 30k to see and reports from TDCJ employees
Old 11-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Account Closed

I have a question. What happened to the rule that parolees could not associate with known criminals?
Old 11-16-2004, 11:49 PM

Location: I am in Corpus Christi, Texas - He is in Snyder, Texas

i live in corpus christi. do you know when it will be played again? let me know

terri
Old 11-17-2004, 05:54 AM
Waiting Wives Club Member

Of course Jason's old parole officer wouldn't be shown on there....lol but it was a interesting news cast. Just hope this really doesn't put a bad name on parole, where they start denying parole to people just to give the time to clean up their mess that should have stayed clean in the first place you know?

Old 11-17-2004, 06:30 AM

There is another one coming on tonight at 9 the supervisor that was shown last night was a big part of the classed i was involved with when on parole. Although this is bringing bad publicity to parole believe me this is going to make it hard on the ones that are out now and the ones that are released. They will be strickter they are going to be mad not only at channel 4 but anyone that is released. I know from being on parole that when they get pissed we are the ones that pay. Especially with them showing that we are not being watched it gives ua a bad rap and we will pay for this no doubt.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:37 AM
Account Closed

I am livid. I want to know where she got the statistics that show "murderers, rapists, and other dangerous criminals" are being paroled. I guess we are just supposed to lock everyone up according to this report and throw away the key. ugh, what a disappointment.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:43 AM

yea texas is hard enough to get paroled but if you listen to this we don't deserve a 2nd chance for anything. I can remember the paorle officers at class saying we are not much different the only difference is we haven't got caught well now it's there turn wonder how they are going to feel when they are treated like we are treated being watched every move they make. It's about time they had to pay maybe they will realize what our life is really like I doubt it but we can hope.All this will eventually do is keep good people locked up longer and longer. And watched like a mad dog when they are released.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:03 AM

I can't believe anyone would say inmates in Texas do "easy time." My 9 year old had to drag me back from the t.v. My main thought through the whole thing was, "my husband will never get out." I feel for anyone having to report to those specific offices. I agree crack, she could have worded things differently because it catered to the fear of the public. I will be watching tonight and hoping it turns out a little bit better. Now, why can't they expose the prisons for what they are?

Old 11-17-2004, 07:05 AM
Account Closed

Got that right Cinder. I still want to know where all these "dangerous criminals" are. Fifty per cent of TDCJ pop is non violent offenders, and most of the parolees are drug offenders, and you know how dangerous those stoners can be when they get the munchies.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:23 AM

oh yes they are scarey people. Watch out for our children and your lives. I know that when i was on parole the onlyb ones i met were out on parole from dwi's and drugs. I think i only met two or three that were out for murder and that was done many years ago and they weren't looking to go back only trying to do what ever parole said and scared to go outside scared they would go back. hell for what you get on dwi's and drughs is bad enough. I want to know why that one parole officer was not in prison with all the ones he had and the supervisor had enough to be locked up. Guess they were upstanding citizens and we are scum right?
Old 11-17-2004, 07:36 AM

maybe we should lock up our kids when these parole officers come a calling they might run them over being drunk themselves and they think they have to worry about us who is the criminal her anyway.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:46 AM

There has got to be a link or a feed back site with Fox news on this... anyone know what it is? It's just like when Channel 2 did the flu shot story and implied that only "murders" were getting the flue shot

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God,
then we will be a nation gone under."
- Ronald Reagan

<script language="JavaScript" src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=2012&month=2&day=12&offset=-0500"></script> Days until he is eligible for parole