Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > GREAT MEADOW HUB - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GREAT MEADOW HUB - NY DOC New York State Prisons & Institutions located inside the GREAT MEADOW HUB - Moriah, Washington, Great Meadow, Mt. McGregor, Greene, Coxsackie, Hudson.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 05:24 PM
home since 8/06

Thumbs up Greene Correctional Facility

Greene Correctional Facility
P. O. Box 8
Coxsackie, New York 12051-0008
(518) 731-2741 (Greene County)

Inmate Mail:
P.O. Box 975, Zip 12051-0975

Medium Male

Visitation Hours: Its according to his Din # when visits are. Only on Sat and Sun. Some visits are 9:00am to 3:30am some are 5:00pm to 9m. They change but they are given a paper with the times for the year.

Visiting Rules: The facility is a Medium security prison. Certain inmate’s go on Saturday and others on Sunday depending on their number. I had to wait outside until the doors opened. Once your number is called, after you wait inside, you go through processing.

You can have pictures taken for $2 each.
You could take 35lbs a months of food and you can leave no more than$50 for him when leaving money in person.

After initial processing they can have 2 packages a month of food total of 35 lbs. Non-food items have no limit. All clothes must be new. No orange,blue,black,or grey. can have black socks and hat. You can bring books,games, cards .Must be solid color and no logos. While in initial processing they have no access to stamps envelopes. They can call home after 5:00pm. When you go of course get there early. You will be given a number . They will call your number when its your turn. Anything you bring must be transfered to paper bags that they furnish. Put his name and Din # on the bag along with count of bags...like 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 with magic marker that you bring you also need to bring a pen to fill out paper work each time you go.

Visiting Room: The normal routine. Metal detector. You can only take in money, etc, just like the other facilities. You drop off whatever package you have to give the inmate. Inmates there can receive up to 35 lbs.of food A month. You are processed and you move forward into the visiting room. It is a LARGE cafeteria-like area. On one side, there are windows, a non contact area which I am assuming is for inmates on a lower level. There is also a play area for children. When I went to see my fiance, he came down about 45 minutes, after I was seated. The visits are at a normal table. Vending machines are along the one wall, and pictures can be taken. They were taken later in the visit. I only saw my fiance once there, so I don’t have too much experience with that facility.

Lodging: That particular hotel, which was about 45 minutes away from the facility, had a cheaper rate for those visiting the facility. I believe the name was Schyler.

Prison Web Site: no

Prison Picture: no

FRP available: no

Update 1/6/2011--Thanks Silvergirl0007!

I noticed a lack of info about greene and the visiting process/experience so I decided to post.

First off, the COs here were the BEST I've ever come across. Very happy, hyper, and willing to help everyone who had questions. The one even held my daughter for me when I was putting my shoes back on.

The prison itself is really big. We almost went in the delivery drive-way twice because it stretches so long. You go in the visiting center and get a small sheet with a number on it. I got there at 8:20 and was number 9. They have a wall of lockers to put your stuff in. There is a door way the COs call you in when it is your number.

Go through the doorway and they make sure your paper work is signed correctly. Sign in. Then you walk to the other side of the room where they go through your stuff. Take off your shoes, go through the metal detector.

You go through a few more door ways to get to the VERY large visiting room. There is a bathroom for both sexes of visitors and a separate changing room for babies. Along the right wall is vending machines. They have a variety of beverages and the typical "hot" chicken wings, pizza, etc. The change machine distributes dollar coins. The machines were very full and I didn't have any problems with them accepting money. Inmates can walk up to the line about a foot from the machines.

The play area for the children is large but empty. Kids basically ran around in it. They did have a TV in the corner for them to watch. At one point the officer at one end had a setup (with the help of an inmate) of toys. They let each child visiting pick one out. My daughter got a barbie. Some kids got matchbox cars while others got play-doh and such. They also have high chairs. Each table itself has four chairs. Some of them are plastic with arms on them. I found them a bit more comfy. You can kiss, cuddle up, etc and no one really cares.

Pictures are constant. They have a machine that takes dollars for the tokens. I didn't get one but they had three different backgrounds to choose from and a Christmas tree to get photos of in front of as well.

Everything seems very laid back. No one hassled anyone for anything and processing was fast. Visiting lasted until 3:30. I can DEFINITELY say it was a positive experience though. I hope this helped anyone out. I've also got a copy of the schedule (since it's last digit of DIN) if anyone needs a date.

Number of prisoners:Opened: 1984, Capacity: 1821 male (A), Adult Correctional Institutions, Employees: 687, Cost of care: $51.02 per day

If you have any additional information, you can PM Mrs G.- and it will be added accordingly

Last edited by Momma Ann; 04-06-2012 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: update
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Manzanita For This Useful Post:
chinaGeorge (07-20-2012), M&S (04-28-2011), madisynsgramma (10-23-2016)
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread