Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pennsylvania Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Pennsylvania prisons.

Old 12-12-2005, 03:25 PM

Default I hope this helps, Jamie

Hi, Jamie! I too am in N.Y., and someone very special to me was in the Bucks County Prison for a long time. Okay, Allegheny Telephone is who you need to deal with. If he calls you collect, the calls run between 5 and 6 dollars apiece. If you send Allegheny Telephone a money order for $100, you receive 34 calls- that's a little under 3 dollars per call. The number is 1-800-796-1777. You'll need to send them your name, address, and telephone number, plus the prison name, which is Bucks. Visits are unfortunately, behind glass, and limited to 30 minutes. If I remember correctly, you'll need to go between 4 and 6 P.M., any day to register, which means they'll take your handprint, and you'll show your I.D. Then you'll be able to visit. The visiting hours may have changed. When you call there, try to ask for reception, and sometimes, I used to find that the night staff was more helpful. Sgt. Liverman is the person to talk to if you would like to bring him a pair of sneakers. They are off Exit 27, which is now Exit 343, I believe on the PA turnpike. You'll have to take the N.J. Turnpike to Exit 6, and follow the signs to Pennsylvania. It's about 100 miles from the city. When you get off at Exit 343 (27), you'll go north onto Route 611 for about 7 miles. The jail is on the left, set far back. Right after the restaurant with the name "blueberry" in it, take the next left. If you want to go for a 1:00 P.M. visit on a Sunday, be certain that you arrive at least 45 minutes in advance- it gets very crowded, and there are only 18 spaces, and after driving from New York, you don't want to be turned away! If, however, you miss that visit, you can sign up for the next one- just be sure you stay around and be alert as to when they start signing people up. Oh, and don't wear anything with a hood, and nothing sleeveless, no tank tops. And avoid anything too low-cut, very short, or sheer. Use your discretion. If you send him a money order, make sure that you write to him in your letter or card that there is a money order enclosed, and the amount. You must also fill out the money order completely, with your name and address, as well as his name and his prison number. Capisce? Good luck, dear, and let me know how it's going!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2005, 08:13 PM

I know there is a halfway house in downtown on boulivard of the allies(main street in downtown) and there is another on in Braddock on one of the main streets there, that is all I know. Hope it helps! Best wishes and hang in there!
Old 01-01-2006, 08:19 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 1,624 Times in 935 Posts

If he is on pre-release, not parole, you can get the information from the DOC website, using the inmate locater.
bob
Old 01-05-2006, 06:18 PM

Default Going to Bucks County for 90 days

Hello. I'm going to Bucks for 90 days... short stretch considering what I have read here..........but it still scares the hell out of me (never been to jail before). What can I expect? I smoke two packs of cigarretes per day and know the withdrawal will be extreme. I'm 55 with some health issues...can anyone here tell me what to expect...........visitation......monies ie commissary etc.

For all the folks I have read about here, I wish you the best, to have a loved one gone for years has to be awful......I'm looking at 90 days and am dreading it.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Bill
Old 01-05-2006, 06:41 PM

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,194 Times in 7,620 Posts

Don't know the PA system, Bill. Just wanted to wish you luck!!
Old 01-05-2006, 06:45 PM

Thanks Dude or Dudette
Old 01-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Waitin4MyHeart ...

What R U Goin There 4?
Old 01-06-2006, 08:30 AM

Harassment. Sent a few e-mails to a former friend which they reported to police and I was charged with Harassment. The judge looked at it as a second offense because two years ago the same situation happened (we signed an agreement to have no contact) and their were no fines or a conviction. My dumb ass allowed the friendship to happen again last year, we had an arguement and I was charged again. Not a John Dillinger story here.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:03 PM

Well good news......not going to Bucks and have paid a small fine for my alleged transgression...........it's good to be home and not having this bullshit over my head. It's terrible in that once the system grabs hold of you you are nothing but part of the system.

After being on this site for a short time I would like to offer any help that I can...research...advice.....even rides.

I wish all of you well
Bill
Old 01-11-2006, 06:20 PM

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,194 Times in 7,620 Posts

Congratulations Bill!!! You're right - once the system has its hooks into you they're hard to dislodge. So now you know . . .
Better luck from here on out.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:27 PM

Thanks nimuay. Best of luck to you also!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:31 PM

I Live In Bucks County And Know People Who Were In Prison Here, Locals Call It A Five Star Hotel Compared To Other Places They Had Problems With Drugs Being Brought In So Thats Why They Changed Visiting Hope This Helps. If You Come You Might Want To Check Out I95 Family Lives In Ny And Found Out It Is Faster To Take. You Can Hook Up With Turnpike From I95. Also Ever Heard Of New Hope In Pa Not Far Away Might Want To Check It Out Its An Old Town Really Neat For All Ages. Hope This Helps
Old 05-24-2006, 09:37 AM

Hi , I have a friend there and is on work release . I hear that jail is jam pack . Make sure he has all the paperwork done so he is out on time cuz they love keeping you.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:14 PM

PTO Moderator 

Default Dauphin County Prison

Hi.
Does anyone know the visiting policy and procedure for DCP? A friend is locked up there and I am trying to learn as much as i can about the place. Their website is useless.

Thanks.
bob
Old 06-06-2006, 01:06 PM

Well, I know it's a little while after you posted this question, but I just found this site today and maybe I can help. What you have to do is get in contact with your loved one in DCP, via a letter or his/her phone calls. They will have to tell you what day visitation is. For me, it was Sunday. You have to be there and checked in by a certain time, so you have to know what time your visit is. Again, your friend will be able to tell you this. It does take a few weeks before you will get visitation. So you go inside and give them 2 forms of ID. The best options are state ID and Social Security card. Let them know who you are there to see, then you will wait a while and someone will come to pat you down. They will call all of the men and women to be patted down, then you will go back into a long room with stools and phones. You will sit at a phone and wait for your friend to come in, then you will have 50 minutes to talk. When the lights flicker, time is up. Make sure you are showing NO cleavage, have no hoods on your shirt, nothing above your knees (wear long pants), and have sleeves. They are VERY strict with their policies. Also, if you are female, wear a bra. Any questions, just ask. It's been a few months since I've been there but hopefully this helped a little. Good Luck!
Old 06-07-2006, 01:39 PM

My son was just transferred to Bucks County last week, the web site does not give much info nor does the staff when you call. I have been trying for four days to find out visitation times/rules etc.

I have been given three different dates for my son's trial by the same office. Those of us who can not afford an attorney are at a great disadvantage and at the mercy of the system.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:07 PM

PTO Moderator 

Hi.
Thanks for your help. My friend and I have been on the phone every day, and he said much the same as you just did. his visits are Saturday mornings ... and I'd have to drive 100 miles each way. he did mention that visitors can't wear their shoes? Could that be true?
If you have someone there now, PM me and we'll swap stories.
Thanks again.
bob
Old 06-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Lycoming County PRC

Talking Lycoming County and Lycoming Pre-Release Ctr.

I've heard alot of good things about Lycoming, but alot more bad than good...Come in a tell your story or just get to know others with families there...
#170 (former)FAITHFULLY WAITING CLUB MEMBER
HE'S HOME July 14, 2006 "Our Lives Begin Again!"
Old 07-12-2006, 08:37 PM

Hello! Well my husband served a year in Lycoming County jail and in the beginning it was horrible but the longer he was there the easier it got. Like in the winter time as soon as they seen me and my baby they let me sit in the lobby until visitation started so we wouldn't have to sit out in the cold. And then we started getting contact visits about a month or two before he was transported to state. So it was not bad and to be honest I wish he would get put back there..

Don't Let Time Do Them!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 08:28 PM

Well my fiance was just sent to bucks for a trial...he normally spends his time at State correctional institution Forest. I hate the visits in County they suck. He hasn't been in county since May of 05...but then it sucked....you have to talk through that damn glass and you cant wear flip flops...I sorta foget the other rules...well hes there till the end of the month.....anyone been there lately??
Old 07-16-2006, 07:28 PM

Default Halfway houses

Does anyone know where to get a list of halfway houses for PA?
Old 07-17-2006, 07:53 PM

okay I was at Bucks for a visit again...they were def less strict on the whole flip flop thing and all that jazz but seriously I want to write to the state because those visits suck. Imagine how those men are going to be when the get on the outside with that type of visit a sane person could go crazy!!! and you they are not all sane in there...but for real they need to regulate a better way of visiting...that is out of hand...I cant wait till my fiance is back up state so I can actually touch the man.....God Bless ya!! Good Night
Old 12-25-2006, 10:39 PM

my boyfriend is in there, as well.
he's not sentenced yet, but he won't be there after he is.
that could take a while.
have you gone to visit yours yet?
Old 01-08-2007, 01:18 PM
He is my life.

Question Looking for Information on Fairview

My Fiance is serving time in a county jail at the moment. He is Still waiting for his trial. It is supposed to start this week. I have been looking online for awhile now about a Prison for mentally ill inmates. He said the name is Fairview. It is located in Pennslyvania. I am really worried about him being transferred to this facility. He has stated to me and his mother, several times that it is one of the worst facilities, as well as they will drug him until he doesn't know who he is, just to be able to control what he does. I am terrified for him at the moment. And if he doesn't know who he himself is, how will he know me?

Please anyone with information regarding this facility please help!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:55 PM

That is now known as SCI Waymart. I was there for 8 mths befroe going to bootcamp. Fairview was an old state hospital for the criminally insane. Now waymart operates as a low level facilty, BUT fairview is still kinda operational. It is now known as the forensic treatment program. I worked in the laundry at waymart and was the only one on the crew who didn't mind going in there. It is kinda creepy. I hate to be the one to tell you but if he does go to that part they will drug him heavily and i do mean heavily. Chances are he won't know where or who he is. Those guys in there just lay around all drugged up all day long . Half of them are so drugged up that they don't know the difference from there pants or the toilet so they go in there pants. There was a book written about fairview years back. If you to your local library they should have it. It is called Cold Storage. It will tell you some of the stories from the people who where there when it was the real fairview. Now it is not nearly as bad as it was back when this book was written, But it is not like any other parts of a prison.I wish you and him both the best of luck. If you need any other info feel free to pm. I don't check the site as much as i should but i will get an email notice if you send a pm. I will give as truthful answers as i can to best help you...