Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region III Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Florida - Region III Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Charlotte CI, Dade CI, Desoto Annex, Everglades CI, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Homestead CI, Lake CI, Martin CI, Moore Haven CF, Okeechobee CI, Polk CI, South Bay CF, SFRC, SFRC-S, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 09-19-2008, 06:09 AM
Not Sure Why This Time

Default Just transferred to Everglades C.I.; info appreciated.

Okay, my fiance' was moved from OCI to Everglades.

I've heard I can only go ONE day a week so I'm going to call today.

Any info on visitation (besides the fact that you have to write your car info down and the usual rules)?

Are there a lot of violent incidents or officers to stay away from (more than usual, that is)?

Anything you can tell me is a great help.

Thank you.

LS
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2008, 06:05 PM
<3 my man!!!

I really liked everglades when he was there. Unfortunately yes visit is only one day a week and it depends on weather his last didget in his dc number is even or odd. We never had any problems when he was there. I am sure like any prison there are going to be officers that you stay away from but for the most part. they are pretty laid back. Just don't do anything stupid. They have the dogs out alot. Like at least once a month. Its alot easier now, then it was back in 2002. we used to have to wait for a long time in line just to get in. we used to sit in our cars starting at midnight, before they had photos of visitors they used to walk around and tell people to leave visit early to make room for more visitors to come in. Now that it is just one day a week its not as bad.

During holidays anyone can visit. so its not bad. just go early and wait in line. you will get the hang of it as you go. Don't wear tight clothes. I have heard they are really getting on people about tight clothes. Always bring other outfits with you so you can change your clothes if they deem them unappropriate.

Good luck to you!
Old 10-10-2008, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamidolfangirl View Post
I really liked everglades when he was there. Unfortunately yes visit is only one day a week and it depends on weather his last didget in his dc number is even or odd. We never had any problems when he was there. I am sure like any prison there are going to be officers that you stay away from but for the most part. they are pretty laid back. Just don't do anything stupid. They have the dogs out alot. Like at least once a month. Its alot easier now, then it was back in 2002. we used to have to wait for a long time in line just to get in. we used to sit in our cars starting at midnight, before they had photos of visitors they used to walk around and tell people to leave visit early to make room for more visitors to come in. Now that it is just one day a week its not as bad.

During holidays anyone can visit. so its not bad. just go early and wait in line. you will get the hang of it as you go. Don't wear tight clothes. I have heard they are really getting on people about tight clothes. Always bring other outfits with you so you can change your clothes if they deem them unappropriate.

Good luck to you!
she pretty much hit it right on. Everything stated above is correct. I have been visiting my man at everglades ci for about a month or so now. They are pretty laid back, but they have there moments as well. Some days they allow you to wear whatever, but the next weekend they may be more stricked. On your first visit, you will be issued a card that you need to bring with you when you visit. It has a number on it that you enter in the system when you show up and when you are leaving. Visits are either saturday or sunday. Vistors are allowed in around 8-9am (depending on what time they want to start). Visitation can end either 2-3pm again depending on what they want the end time to be. Usually count time starts around 11-12ish. It's best to get there before count time. Once i missed it and had to wait hours before i was able to see him in visit. Don't bring more then 50 dollers. Honestly i think 20.00 is good, food, photos are really cheap. 2 bux per picture. food prices range in different prices. if you or your inmate smoke, you can bring an unopened pack. If you have any other questions, concerns, feel free to ask us or you can call up everglades and verify anything else you may need. Good Luck! Keep us updated!

Old 11-02-2008, 07:51 AM

I just visited Everglades CI for the first time yesterday. I thought all the c.o.'s were very polite. If you live more than 200 miles away, you can visit both Saturday and Sunday. You need to call classification prior to your visit and arrange it. The visiting area is huge compared to what I was used to. The outdoor area is nice also. Lots of games for the kids. All in all, it was as pleasant as visiting your love in prison could be.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:28 AM

Default PO Box needed for Everglades?

Hey Everyone,

I sent a bunch of stuff to my bf at Everglades. Now he tells me that I needed a PO Box #, but there wasn't one on the DOC site. (of course, 5 letters with pics grrrrrr) Anyone know anything about it?

Thank you and God Bless everyone on PTO!
Old 11-12-2008, 02:56 PM
strong enough

we too went to our first visit to Everglades this Sunday, it was a nice big vp, I liked they had two canteen lines, we are used to half hour waits. I made sure we dressed careful and had changes of clothes in the car, cause the rules vary from facility to facility.
He said the food there is good and good sized portions as well. I thought the staff was polite and helpful.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:01 PM
&lt;3 my man!!!

The address is

PO Box 949000
Miami Fl
Same zip code as the main unit. I can't remember. I am so tired right now. just got home from a long trip and have been up for 4 days straight. Take care and good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to miamidolfangirl For This Useful Post:
Darrick's Girl (11-19-2008)
Old 01-01-2009, 06:55 AM
Mrs E missing her Mr E

Default Any and all info on Everglades CI

I am seeking any info you all might have on this facility my man was just moved here and I just wnated to get an idea of how things are run here, so I know where I would have to look forward to when I go to visit him or when I write him, and how long it would take my mail to get to him, etc. Thank you
Old 01-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Mrs E missing her Mr E

Default Everglade CI

I'm still looking for any information anyone has on this facility of any hotels or what have you close by, please any info is helpful.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:29 PM

My loved one has been at Everglades for about a year now. Visitation is fine. You just have to follow the rules. Most of the guards have been respectful. I usually arrive by 8:30 a.m and sometimes there can be up to an hour wait and sometimes I get right in. Just depends on who's checkin in the visitors. I don't know about the hotels, as I don't need one. Let me know if you need any other info
Old 01-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Mrs E missing her Mr E

Quote:
Originally Posted by tms1234 View Post
My loved one has been at Everglades for about a year now. Visitation is fine. You just have to follow the rules. Most of the guards have been respectful. I usually arrive by 8:30 a.m and sometimes there can be up to an hour wait and sometimes I get right in. Just depends on who's checkin in the visitors. I don't know about the hotels, as I don't need one. Let me know if you need any other info
Thank you for responding, is the visiting only one day based on their DC number odd or even or something like that, my loved one just got to Everglades on New Years Eve, so I am stil waiting to to get there to see him, just wanted to know what I had to look forward to.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:07 PM

Yes, if his DC # ends in an odd number, you will visit on Saturday. If it's ends in an even #, it will be Sunday. It will then switch July 1st.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Mrs E missing her Mr E

His number ends in an even number so visiting is on Sunday for him until July 1st and this last for how long? Thanks
Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 PM

It switches in January and July. It just switched January 1st. My guy's number is odd, so I go on Saturdays now.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Mrs E missing her Mr E

I think I would rather go on Saturday than Sunday, but whatever, to see my baby I'll go on Wednesday if they let me, LOL
Old 01-08-2009, 08:40 PM
HE CLOSER TO HOME YAY

my bf just wrote me askin me the same thing cause i always send pictures and stuff.. so i dont kno whats up he didnt explain to me
Old 01-08-2009, 08:47 PM
HE CLOSER TO HOME YAY

well thats nice to kno so when i go see him i can get both days but how long can u visit them u can visit that whole 9-3? how is that work?? iam nervous cause i aint seen mine in 6 years so iam excited and dont kno...and i live 200 miles away..
Old 01-08-2009, 09:09 PM
HE CLOSER TO HOME YAY

aw maybe whn i go see mine he will ask hahah just kiddin.. i have 2 year almost 3 to wait.. congrats tho.. i hpe he gets moved before i have to go to everglades to visit lol
Old 01-09-2009, 03:03 PM
HE CLOSER TO HOME YAY

mine is a odd waitin approval... i cant wait...
Old 01-09-2009, 03:14 PM
HE CLOSER TO HOME YAY

my hunny is at everglades... i miss him its not a good place he tells me aint seen him yet waitin on approval.. if anyone wants to talk yall can message me.. anytime..
Old 01-29-2009, 02:54 PM
&lt;3 my man!!!

When my hubby was there it wasn't so bad. It is way better there then at Belle Glade. We never had any problems when he was there with anyone. So I wish you well. Tell him not to put in a transfer to Belle Glade though, uggh it really really sux there. The absolute worst place I have been in 9 years.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:14 AM
HE CLOSER TO HOME YAY

yay i just got apprpved to go see him yaya
Old 02-02-2009, 06:15 AM
HE CLOSER TO HOME YAY

5 days and iam gone lol yayay
Old 02-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Mrs E missing her Mr E

Congrats, enjoy your visit
Old 02-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Mrs E missing her Mr E

Hey all jsut wanting to get an update on the visitng at Everglades right now are they on odds on Saturday right now and evens on Sun so I don't waste my time driving for nothing. Thanks