Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region I Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Florida - Region I Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities: Apalachee-E CI, Apalachee-W CI, Bay CF, Blackwater River CF, Calhoun CI, Century CI, Franklin CI, Gadsden CF, Graceville CF, Gulf CI, Gulf CI-Annex , Holmes CI, Jackson CI, Jefferson CI, Liberty CI, NWFRC, NWFRC Annex, Okaloosa CI, Quincy Annex, Santa Rosa CI, Santa Rosa Annex, Taylor CI, Taylor Annex, Wakulla CI, Wakulla CI Annex, Walton CI

Old 05-27-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAN425 View Post
There is a thread about NWFRC in the facilities section of the Florida forum.

If he just arrived at NWFRC from the county jail, he is at the main unit. If he's been there for awhile (a week or two at least), it's possible he is done at the main unit and has been moved to the Annex. You can find out from the DOC website inmate population search where he is for sure (or rather, where he was at midnight last night).

There are lots of people here to answer your questions...I suggest starting by reading the mail and visiting forums.
I have read the forums and that's what has me worried the most. One post stated it was one of the worse facilitys.I live 20 miles from nwflrc. He too is from here. I never even knew there was a male facility there.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manteconsgrl View Post
I have read the forums and that's what has me worried the most. One post stated it was one of the worse facilitys.I live 20 miles from nwflrc. He too is from here. I never even knew there was a male facility there.
My sons father has been there for almost 2 years now and from what I understand its pretty rough. He has been to several different facilities in Florida and he says this has been the worst so far. However, he says if your man can make friends well and quickly he should be fine. Is he at the main unit or do you know? Thats where Chris has been for the last 2 years.

Love is a decision not an emotion or feeling,
that if made from the heart will outlast anything...
- Raul and Samantha Juarez

Please let 03/05/2013 Come FAST!!

"Every King has a bad ass Queen, and you're that Queen."~WCH 4/12/2011
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisWifey For This Useful Post:
Manteconsgrl (05-29-2012), nightbird (10-23-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 02:00 AM

I'm so worried about him.... He's a great Guy but most men are intimidated by him. What are the conditions like, the officers, anything.... I'm gonna drive myself crazy!
Old 06-04-2012, 03:19 PM

Chris hasn't had any issues with any of the officers there. He tells me that its the other inmates that are hard to deal with. He worked in the kitchen for 2 days and quit because he said there was a fight breaking out all the time both days. He went back to the kitchen a second time and he said that it was the same. He trys to stay to himself becasue he has the same issue. Hes not looking for trouble in there but others are intimidated by him and the way he looks.

Love is a decision not an emotion or feeling,
that if made from the heart will outlast anything...
- Raul and Samantha Juarez

Please let 03/05/2013 Come FAST!!

"Every King has a bad ass Queen, and you're that Queen."~WCH 4/12/2011
Old 06-04-2012, 05:37 PM

My husband just got transfered from there after almost 2 yrs there. He was attacked in his dorm. Gangs are very much there at that prison .. main unit and annex as well.
My husband didnt even go out side just about the whole time he was there because of all the problems on the rec yard and the officers the way they were. He is well respected by the guards and the inmates there. Because he gives them respect. We have been doing time in DOC for along time. Been many places and I have to say this is the worst place ever!!!!
Its not the guards its mostly the inmates and the gangs... it may sound crazy but I am thankful for what happened because GOD turned it around and he is now closer to home and getting the medical care that he needs.. He had a heart attack due to the attack .. The guards however kept him alive till the EMS got there.
I just know its rough and I am glad he is out of there. And will never have to go back there either!!!
Blessings
Tina
Old 06-05-2012, 01:24 PM

Wow.... I just received my first letter, after 3 weeks! He seemed okay. I know him well enough to read between the lines though. He's only going to tell me what he wants me to know. Just as well he's a good looking Guy and Cuban, which is another reason for other inmates to cause problems. He's 220 pounds but not one to cause problems for himself. I swear its more like we are the ones being punished. His first offence and never been in trouble 3 yes. mandatory. Pharmaceutical fraud!!! He's 25 I'm 29 I know he's not a bad or violent person but state of Florida doesn't look @ anything but the crime. Wish time ahead was as quick as time gone by.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20120604_170454.jpg (27.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-16-2012, 04:43 PM

[quote=Manteconsgrl;6785985]Id love any helpful info on what NWFLRC annex is like.... My luv just got there after being sentenced to 3 yrs. mandatory.[/quot

my husband has only been there a few days...he says its ok. My first visit there was today...it was not crowded in the morning only 3 families were there for the longest time but it became crowded in the afternoon, maybe due to fathers day.? Once you arrive you walk up to the building sign your name on a sheet and put your car info on it and the guards will check you in. They werent strict on clothes and they were ALL nice-- that was brand new to me. You do the whole hand scan metal detector count your jewelry shaabang, as usual. Even the the officers inside were all nice. Outside was open only for an hour && it was such a beautiful day to be stuck inside. It was a small area, also. Pics were taken against a wall will Fl DOC above it so we didnt take any pics lol! hmmmmn what else...there were a LOT of games to playand youre able to sit beside each other. It was a pretty awesome day! Let me know if you have any other questions!

The Following User Says Thank You to HisPlatinum For This Useful Post:
Manteconsgrl (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 05:49 AM

Unhappy No visitation yet

Gosh I miss him! I haven't seen him in since May 8th, I have visitation form filled out but he seems to think he's getting moved..... His custody level finally went from pending to medium. I'll just be glad to see him smile again:'(
Old 06-20-2012, 01:46 AM
WaitingonMark
Donation Award 

Default Nwfrc?

Anyone out there with loved ones at NWFRC?

Loving Mark ALWAYS!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:44 AM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,127 Times in 881 Posts

Check the sticky thread for NWFRC...people usually check in there when they have a loved one at a facility.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:56 AM
WaitingonMark
Donation Award 

i would if i knew how. sticky?? i'm glad i found the person that knows the ropes

Loving Mark ALWAYS!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:15 AM
Waiting for Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24chesney View Post
i would if i knew how. sticky?? i'm glad i found the person that knows the ropes

Loving Mark ALWAYS!
At the very top of this forum...there's a bunch of reference posts that always "stick" to the top of the page, one for each facility in this region.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Aaron's Love

Default Just got to NWFRC Annex

My boyfriend just got sent to NWFRC Annex on Wednesday (7/18) and wound up in confinement sometime Friday night or Saturday morning. I was able to talk to him on Friday night and he said that he'd already been confronted. I can only imagine he had to step to somebody and he's in confinement for fighting. God I hate prison and everything about it!!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:04 PM

Default Nwfrc

My husband was just transferred here. Can anyone give me any information on this facility. I'm going to visit this weekend. How are the guards in visit. I have had good experiences at his other facilities with them but as we all know, every facility is run its own way. How bad are they about clothes. I have had various experiences other places and being it is a 5 Hr drive does anyone know a cheap motel close by?
Old 08-01-2012, 03:12 PM

just a suggestion. Dress like your going to go visit grandma. no white tops or bottoms. Keep your clevage covered up to your jaw
Old 08-01-2012, 04:32 PM

Always do that. But some of the prisons are stricter than others when it comes to there jeans. When he was at srci the visits were good but there was one fairs who got on me about my pants. Pants that were two sizes to big but she said they were still to tight. I was swimming in them. Maybe I'm better off in joggers for the first vi there just to feel the place out.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:05 PM

Default Little info on NorthWest Annex.

Son is there, not too happy. They do not have their own razors, so its one at a time with the same elec razor that is (sterilized) between each user. Mandatory every other day shave. I wonder what the word sterilized means there????????????????????????????????????

I found the whole visiting situation to be very good. Easy in and out parking. People at the window very nice, security check is a little more than what I was used to, but I must say they do do a good job. nothing personal you know. Lean over and shake bra. want to see bottom of feet and shoes. slight glance in the mouth but from a nice distance. Looks like they start people in at 8 and nicely chase you out at 1:40. Officers are all polite except for one woman, she is a guard, but she walks, talks and acts like the Warden. I don't think she realizes how dumb she looks strutting around the visiting tables. I didn't think it funny, but it was odd looking. Other guards seem to ignore her unless shes in their face. Store is same as everywhere, same food, same prices, no assigned seating. not to long a wait for your inmate. they also seem to get them right to the bathroom, no waiting, I really liked to see that. Son said food was ok. There are dorms, and cells. JMO, but it looked more mixed of different people than some prisons, like Jackson is. The sign is easy to see, turn left at the first left to go to the annex. Visitors were nice to each other and helpful. Quick getting new people in. long wait when people are going in with boots on, heavy coats, 100 ear rings in each ear. 200 bracelets, etc while you wait for them to count them. I wear flip flops unless its raining. one pair of ear rings sometimes, and 2 rings, occ a watch. I have my shoes off, plastic bag open when I step into the room. They want you to keep your shoes on. oops. Lots of toys and books for the kids, not a crayon or pencil in sight. Hope this helps someone get a general idea.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Research Assistant

RA Training Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,871 Times in 2,145 Posts

I read this entire thread ~and no one mentioned mail...its taking 2 weeks for my mail to get to my friend @ NWFRC (Main) but his to me only 3 days... anyone else experience slooow mail?
Old 04-22-2013, 02:08 PM

Default Rant-I.E.-phone call approval

My husband has been at NWFRC Annex for over a month and they have yet to approve our phone calls,I have called classification,been told to be patient,and"what would it be like if there were no phones",uh,really?I called again today,they told me they have over 3,000 waiting for approval,no idea what that's got to do with me.Ms.Flannigan said she would e-mail "her" and see whats going on,never a straight answer.I am going to visit memorial day weekend so I can get a nice long visit in,if anyone from Sarasota/Bradenton area has a loved one there and would be interested in sharing driving and gasoline expenses let me know.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Waiting for Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiousann View Post
My husband has been at NWFRC Annex for over a month and they have yet to approve our phone calls,I have called classification,been told to be patient,and"what would it be like if there were no phones",uh,really?I called again today,they told me they have over 3,000 waiting for approval,no idea what that's got to do with me.Ms.Flannigan said she would e-mail "her" and see whats going on,never a straight answer.I am going to visit memorial day weekend so I can get a nice long visit in,if anyone from Sarasota/Bradenton area has a loved one there and would be interested in sharing driving and gasoline expenses let me know.
Classification doesn't do phone approvals - they are processed by a Securus person. That's why the CO doesn't know what is happening.

Have your visits been approved? I'd be surprised if your visit application is approved faster than his phone list. Is NWFRC-Annex his permanent camp?

Old 04-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Sun dried Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,013 Times in 938 Posts
Cool

Actually, the phone list is approved (or not) by a DOC employee. The Securus Reps have Regions they work in and visit each facility maybe once a week. Sometimes only every other week, depending on staffing and how big the region is....but, the back ground check is run by an employee. Then, the Rep comes around and adds each number and contact info to the program or customer database or what ever they call it.

Then, you have to set up the Securus account and put money on it before you can get a call. If you have done all this and it's been a month, I'd be emailing the Warden if the prisoner is going to stay at NWFRC annex. If not, cool ya jets, mama. Reception sometimes takes a few minutes. Then, they go through the transfer process...and may go through several places before they get somewhere.

I guarantee you no one should have spoke to you like that but I can also tell you the phone and visit list is near the VERY end of the priority list of things to get done when the get a new prisoner. From now on, try to use email so you have it in writing. I really want to see one answer you like that in an email. And, if you MUST call, do so with pen and paper in hand. Write down the rank/job title and name. And, jot down notes of the conversation. If they tell you 'it's being taken care of...' ask them for a time frame. If they say 'it should be just a few more days...' give them three, no longer. Always make notes and remind yourself to follow up. And, if they don't give you anything, it's time to go to the next level. You can get the email by calling the prison.

It's Classification Officer, Class Supervisor, Warden (maybe an Asst Warden). STOP! It's very important to give the Warden a chance to handle issues in his facility. Don't ever go over the Warden's level without giving him a chance to settle any issues you have.

Then, if he can't settle it, it's: Regional Warden, Regional Director, then on up to Tally...and, I go for the Secretary most of the time. If I've been forced to go to Tally, I want his assistant to at least SCAN the issue. You know?

Don't be hateful or sassy in any respect. Anything less than nice and mannerly has never got me very far so be on your very best, after all, you are wanting something from them. And, while they do have a duty to do their job, you have no idea how far out of the job description you are, so be nice. It is part of the job to handle calls from family and loved ones, but they don't have to tell you much of anything.

Anyhow, let us know how it goes....best of luck to you. And, I hope your first visit is without any chaos.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:29 PM

my son was just transfered to nwfrc annex....trying to does anyone have any information on this facility.......just love the state they have moved him almost 8hrs away from us.....thank you everyone in advance.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Waiting for Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19rhonda54 View Post
my son was just transfered to nwfrc annex....trying to does anyone have any information on this facility.......just love the state they have moved him almost 8hrs away from us.....thank you everyone in advance.
He's probably in transit and won't be staying there but will be moving to another Region 1 facility.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:43 PM

thank you very much Nan....you have always been a big help....i am so new to this and it seems we just get set with one place and he is moved again......

Last edited by 19rhonda54; 06-26-2013 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: deleted previous post
Old 06-26-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAN425 View Post
He's probably in transit and won't be staying there but will be moving to another Region 1 facility.

he was at RMC for the last 2 months because of his heart condition....and then just found out he got trans to NWFRC annex.....was at Liberty before that.....just thought maybe that was gonna be his new camp....