Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region III Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Florida - Region III Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Charlotte CI, Dade CI, Desoto Annex, Everglades CI, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Homestead CI, Lake CI, Martin CI, Moore Haven CF, Okeechobee CI, Polk CI, South Bay CF, SFRC, SFRC-S, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 06-13-2011, 09:53 AM
missin my babe so much

My man just got transferred there as well, does anyone have any updated information?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2011, 09:39 PM
missin my babe so much

How do I add money to his account? Are they really allowed to call cel phones now? If so does the cel phone have to be approved on ur phone list?

Old 06-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by love baby
How do I add money to his account? Are they really allowed to call cel phones now? If so does the cel phone have to be approved on ur phone list?
No they can't call cell phones... um I forget the website but Google geo and south bay ci and u will find it
Old 02-01-2012, 06:13 PM
BayBayWife

Default South Bay

Hello anyone have any updated information on South Bay?? My husband is putting in his good adjustment transfer and want to go to this facility. Any information would be appreciated (phone company, visits, staff) The reason I say phone company because I heard they do not use Securus and they calls are much higher is there any truth to this?

Thank you

Old 04-13-2012, 07:19 PM

Default South Bay or Martin?

to be honest, it all depends on race...if your loved one is African American, I would say go with South Bay...they have air conditioning, lax rules, not as "military" as Doc facilities..Of course, your loved one may end up with salmonella poisoning like @ 40 of the guys did a few months ago...
If your loved one is not African American, you may still opt for South Bay, but have him be prepared for a little "reverse discrimination"...the staff at SB is 95% black, and they are a lot more "cooperative" with black inmates and visiting family members than their Caucasian counterparts.......
The commissary prices are much higher than DOC facilities, the vending and change machines are usually out of order, the phones that the guys use don't work half the time...Drugs are readily available...so, if you’re loved one has a drug problem, I woudl pick Martin...although, I have been hearing a lot of bad things about Martin lately as well...it is a toss up,
But go with South Bay...just be mindful you will have to put up with a LOT of rudenes sand unprofessional behavior from the staff. ..some of which were fired for sneaking in drugs and contraband....

Old 04-19-2012, 07:48 AM

Default South bay correctional institution- What's it like?

IM EAGER TO KNOW HOW IS THIS PRIVATE PRISON LIKE. MY HUSBAND WILL BE TRANSFERED OVER THERE AND I HAVE NO CLUE HOW VISITATION IS, I NEED SOMEONE THAT HAS BEEN THERE RECENTLY OR IS STILL GOING THERE TO LET ME KNOW HOW THIS IS. BUT MOSTLY I NEED TO KNOW HOW OVERALL THIS PRISON IS LIKE FOR INMATES. IS THE FOOD BETTER FOR THEM? IS THE TREATMENT FROM OFFICERS BETTER? I NEED TO KNOW SO HE KNOWS WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN HE IS SENT OVER THERE. PLEASE URGENTLY HE AS SHORT TIME LEFT TO GET TRANSFERED.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:33 AM

My ex was there and didn't have issues ... I tried to get my husband there lol
Old 04-20-2012, 01:12 PM

Default Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesunshine View Post
my ex was there and didn't have issues ... I tried to get my husband there lol
did you ever visit south bay? How is the people... ?(officers , visitation etc)
i leave 1 hour away, i was wondering how the inmates. Is it true that there is mad drugs in that prison. How is the food for visitors and inmates? So to ask so many questions but i want to know for me and for my man so i can let him know.
What is the difference between private and state prisons?
Old 04-20-2012, 11:28 PM

Private can be better, has air conditioning unlike a lot of other prisons.. Never visited and there r drugs at every prison it's not bad there at all girl he is lucky
Old 05-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Back to the rodeo

As of May 1st can add cell phones to your calling list @ SB
Old 05-22-2012, 05:27 PM

Have anyone visited southbay lately? I should be approved in the next week or so and I was wondering how would visitation be with a 3 year old. County kind of sucked since I had to keep him sitting down the whole time and nothing to snack for the baby.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:41 PM

Default info quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sire View Post
As of May 1st can add cell phones to your calling list @ SB
when i called infinity they told me that you can only add one phone number and its a house phone. what info do you have.?
im still waiting for the pin# my husband just got transfered to south bay i have no clue how the visitation is. can you tell me how it is.? how long does it take for the phone to get activated. or at least the inmate be in the system so i can be able to get pin to activate phone? im eager to know how he is. this weekend im going to see him. can you please help me out. thanks
Old 05-23-2012, 12:48 PM

About them getting their pin it should take a week or two. My husband got his between that time. Southbay approved my husband phone list which it was my cell phone number and house number I still haven't put any money on my cell since I been using what I had left on my house phone. I will be adding money on my cell and I'll let you know how it went once I call infinity. I'm still waiting for my visitation form to be approve. Let me know how visitation went for u and how early u had to be there and the whole process.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:45 PM

Default Sbcf

Would any who have someone at this facility and/or have recently visited please post some comments and information. There seems to be several peole with questions but I just don't see any answers. I haven't been there and I also would like to know about this camp. Thank you to those that share - it is appreciated.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:30 PM

Talking south bay info on everything

hello i just went to my first visit to south bay this memorial weekend. i can say its the most relax prison ever. first when you get there there is a line u make and they allow 10 families at a time, not 10 people but 10 families. once in they make you sign a sheet a paper for adults and another for kids. 5 adults max kids dont count. take your watch, and chain and thick bracelets off, and shoes and put it threw an x ray machine like the airports, and you pass thru a metal detector, then a woman searches you and then you go to another window and give the inmates name, they stamp your left hand with a code that is only seen by black light, and they keep your id and give you a little card so you can give back to them when you leave. once inside vistation, the inside visit is huge about 30 or more tables, and the outside is 12 tables but no shade so it gets hot outside, but inside its great, also they have an area with kids being watched by an inmate that is his job and he puts movies and its great for kids well my kids loved it. you can hug him and kiss him hold hands and walk around with him, and hold hands and here and there kiss and they dont care. as long as you are not being to disrespectful. they have a beautiful site to take picture, but the inmate as to purchase the picture before visit. we cant purchase it like other facilities let you. the food is awesome when i mean awesome is cause they have rice, steak, pork chunks, pork steak, chicken, spicy chicken, spagettiis, pork sandwich, steak sandwich, milk, deserts, every kind of soda, juices, they have a change machine that mostly the guy is there twice a day during visit putting more change. but you can bring change from the outside, like quarters and etc but no pennys. they have about 9 machines of food, and 6 of drinks. its really good, i mean the inmates are going to get fat out of this good food. my husband loved it. and he said its a very good prison, very relaxing. and that the most best part they have great careers, he is starting masonary brick and block. but they have many more. visitations is from 8-3pm. sat and sun, and in holidays depends how it lands. if u need more info let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to ARIANA51321 For This Useful Post:
Chaiful (06-05-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 10:42 AM

I'm going to see my boyfriend for the first time on saturday, what is the dress code? He is telling me that I can't wear tight pants, well all my pants are tight so how does that work? lol I'm very nervous, does anyone have any encouraging words?
Old 06-05-2012, 07:27 PM

Smile

Your description is very helpful and gives me a mental picture that is encouraging. You really make the food sound good. I know there is a large population there and it sounds like they make it pleasant for the children. Thanks again for your post. I hope 'yours' does well there.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:31 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaiful View Post
Your description is very helpful and gives me a mental picture that is encouraging. You really make the food sound good. I know there is a large population there and it sounds like they make it pleasant for the children. Thanks again for your post. I hope 'yours' does well there.
the food is good, and the little space for the kids is great, ive been there all three days of memorial weekend, and i went this sunday that just passed, and for me its great. there is two officers one female and one male that are kinda mean in the dress code, but since there is not point of going all tight over there cause in reality you are trying to avoid your man in getting in trouble. so just wear pants that are not to tight, and if anything bring a long shirt just in case, what i do is i wear those sweat cotton pants that are mostly for the cold, but its to the length of my knee, and a regular shirt, remember no black or white shirts. but i always bring extra clothes. i have some of every color of those pants so they really dont care, try no to wear a shirt that is see thru, or that is to cut in the front that they can see your clevage, and dont bring no hooded sweater not for adults and not for kids. other than that its a nice relaxing place. i believe its cool, its one hour away from home but better than any other i have visited it.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:51 AM

Default question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamC_10 View Post
Have anyone visited southbay lately? I should be approved in the next week or so and I was wondering how would visitation be with a 3 year old. County kind of sucked since I had to keep him sitting down the whole time and nothing to snack for the baby.
have you gone to visit already at south bay?
Old 06-11-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIANA51321
have you gone to visit already at south bay?
Yes, I gone the last past two weeks.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:51 PM

I just went and saw my boyfriend at South Bay for the first time at the beginning of the month. You have to make sure your clothes are not too tight, they almost didn't let me in and you have to have your id and up to $50 in a ziplock see through baggie and only a keyring with your single car key on it. The phone company they use is Infinity Networks and the number is 1-800-841-2403, I hope this helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to Greeneyedlover1 For This Useful Post:
Chaiful (06-13-2012)
Old 06-22-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamC_10 View Post
Yes, I gone the last past two weeks.
by any chance are you the girl that as a small boy, that the first visit the boy was screaming and crying for his daddy, and he wanted to go back in cause visitation was over and your son was screaming i want daddy, and he was holding on to the door knob. and he did the same thing outside when you were leaving the institution.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIANA51321
by any chance are you the girl that as a small boy, that the first visit the boy was screaming and crying for his daddy, and he wanted to go back in cause visitation was over and your son was screaming i want daddy, and he was holding on to the door knob. and he did the same thing outside when you were leaving the institution.
Yup that's me lol. That was my second time going. He loves his daddy can you tell lol.

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Old 06-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Loving my husband

Infinity Networks Web Page - phone company once you have an account
https://www.infinitynetworks.biz/

Web page to put money on his book
https://www.accesscorrections.com/in...m&Program=&p=1
Old 06-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Still loving him from Ia

is there a way to check an inmates account to see if they have funds at this prison? I tried the # put in his DC# and got nothing. Thanks

1355 Miles away from my love