Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Federal Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss issues regarding Alderson, Bryan, or Carswell, please visit that facility's subforum in the Federal forum.

Old 10-19-2004, 02:45 PM

Default Questions about Federal Prison Camp Millington, TN.

Hey Everyone,,,
My guy just got moved from Springfield, MO. to F.C.P in Millington Tennasee..I don't know a thing about the new place and would like to... They dropped some charges and decided he could be moved to a "better" place witch I take to mean not so strict,, I think this place is considered a camp,, Can anyone tell me ANY-thing about it???? It's adjacent to F.C.I Memphis..This is federal not state so it's not the same has state cases at all..Federal time is not like state where your sentenced to 7 yrs. and you do like 18 mos..He is 35 yrs.old and never been in any trouble in his life and he got 10 years,,The judge decided that at his age he should have known better!! We have 2 kids ages 9 and 12 yrs. old and they miss thier daddy and so do I.. Like I said any info would be so great Thank You All!! Love Julie
Old 10-22-2004, 10:06 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,505 Times in 1,245 Posts

Julie, I'm moving this to the Federal Prison System forum... the folks there can probably help you more than those dealing with the Tennessee DOC...
Old 10-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Account Closed

FPC Millington is a camp. The Warden at FCI Memphis is in charge of this facility as well.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:52 PM

Post Millington FCP

I don't know much about this facility. My son is at WTSP, about 45 miles north of there. However, some years back I attended college classes on the nearby naval base. (Offered by a local community college). There were two men in my night class, young guys who always dressed the same. Come to find out they were inmates at the FCP across the street. There was a guard in the hall outside of our door. It simply never occured to me that the guard and the two 'twinkies' were in any way associated.

So, I've always had the impression (since then) that the facility must be pretty laid back. Hope your guy is okay there. At the very least, he should be much closer to you depending upon where you live in AL.

Best of luck, Deb
The Following User Says Thank You to barefoot_girl For This Useful Post:
peabody131 (07-05-2012)
Old 01-06-2005, 07:34 PM

bigbear1_2004 is a fellow PTO member who turned himself in to the Millington FPC on Dec. 30. I am expecting a letter from him soon and will post any info that may be of help. Although, he was required to surrender to the Memphis FCI to be received and processed before being moved over to the FPC. Do not know if the same procedure is used for inmates who are transferred/transported. Good luck, Julie.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:01 PM
Toyota Frank

I live in Memphis that is about 15 miles from Millington. I heard that it was like a camp
there. It is not a prison at all. I don't think you have any thing to worry about. It is like something like Martha Stewart would go to. My son is in WTSP in Henning and I would much rather for him to be there. I would't doubt it if they didn't have satelite and online computers min every room. You should not worry.

Last edited by Toyota Frank; 01-26-2005 at 04:02 PM..
Old 01-26-2005, 04:54 PM

My guy is in a federal camp in Indiana, and they seem to operate under basically the same rules. You're right, there is no federal parole or anything like that, but there is good time, which will take some off your husband's sentence. Camp inmates in Indiana are required to surrender to the maximum institution across the road to be processed, and are then transferred to the camp, which can seemingly take anywhere from a few hours to several days, depending upon the schedule. If there's anything I can help you with, please let me know.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:24 PM

My husband is there and it is like a camp. Pretty laid back with no big problems, we also have children 5 and 10 years old and we go every weekend to visit. There are alot of kids there, a playroom with not too much to do, but they also have a playground that the kids can go to with their father. They can also play cards, checkers and other games. The guards are also pretty laid back, but they will not aloow you to wear a white t-shirt , open toed shoes or jogging suits. I have seen alot of people turned away because of their clothing. It is a much beeter place to be than several others places I've heard of.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:28 PM

Default FPC Millington, TN

Julie,
I have a friend that is in the camp at Millington. It is very nice, I think they have 4 dorms there. The visiting hours are on Friday evenings, and Saturday and Sunday until about 3 or 3:30. The dress codes are strict and know your tag number and have license with you or you will be turned away. If you have any specific questions, please let me know and I will try and help you. Hopefully you have heard from him by now.
M
Old 07-08-2005, 09:20 PM

Hi:

I just googled "Millington Federal Prison Camp" and found PTO. My brother just started serving time there last week. I want to visit but have no ideal how long it takes me to get cleared. (I think my name has to go to Washington for approval and clearance) Does anyone have any have any ideal of the time frame for this? Thanks! BDC
Old 07-12-2005, 03:37 PM

BDC - my inlaws and myself were on my husband's PSI and recieved automatic approval. His brother was also mentioned on the PSI but has to submit the standard form for visitation approval. Your brother should be able to provide you the form, then it takes anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to be approved for visitation - it is my understanding that the facility does the approval, so I'm not sure why you'd have to go through Washington.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:08 PM

Mt son is looking into a transfer to Millington FPC...do you have more specific info? Also, he mentioned there was "real" work close by at an Air Force base or something? He is already currently at a camp, but this would make him about 7 hrs closer to us/home than his current placement . Thanks for any info available.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:01 AM

Millington is very lenient if you have the right color and put it into the right hands, people I have known there had cell phones, would be out and about during the day,...as in in town buying contact solution, and playing Harriet Tubman after night count and inbetween morning count at a certain motel up the road
Old 10-20-2010, 11:57 PM

Default Online Classes

Does anyone know if Millington allows inmates to use the internet for online college courses?
Old 11-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjulie View Post
Hey Everyone,,,
My guy just got moved from Springfield, MO. to F.C.P in Millington Tennasee..I don't know a thing about the new place and would like to... They dropped some charges and decided he could be moved to a "better" place witch I take to mean not so strict,, I think this place is considered a camp,, Can anyone tell me ANY-thing about it???? It's adjacent to F.C.I Memphis..This is federal not state so it's not the same has state cases at all..Federal time is not like state where your sentenced to 7 yrs. and you do like 18 mos..He is 35 yrs.old and never been in any trouble in his life and he got 10 years,,The judge decided that at his age he should have known better!! We have 2 kids ages 9 and 12 yrs. old and they miss thier daddy and so do I.. Like I said any info would be so great Thank You All!! Love Julie
My boyfriend was there and it was great! He was able 2 leave during the day and I would go and pick him up sometimes. He said it was more like a camp rather than prison. They had a football team and he worked on the navy base. I'm from memphis and millington is only about 15 miles away. The FCI is not adjacent to the camp. It's actually about 30 minutes away. The camp is right near the navy base in millington. My boyfriend even had a cel phone. The sad part is he got in trouble and I haven't saw him since AUGUST! I finally got my first phone call two days ago! He's been in the Memphis FCI in the hole and now he's going to Oklahoma and they're gonna move him to texas. They took away his visitation for 90 days so I can't see him until January!!! He's being moved over 13 hours away! This is very hard. I can't wait to see him.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,803 Times in 4,325 Posts

Well - it sounds like it's great for someone breaking the rules - up until the time they get caught!
Old 11-23-2010, 08:35 PM

Default Internet at Millington

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHILL72 View Post
Does anyone know if Millington allows inmates to use the internet for online college courses?
My guy is there now. He is able to send e-mails through Corrlinks however, they do not have internet access even for college courses as far as I know.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:02 AM

Default fpc millington

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHILL72 View Post
hi, i was searching for anyone who has family at millington and you post came up. my husband has been there 2 months now. do you have someone there?

Last edited by tat2scorpion2; 05-09-2011 at 06:27 AM..