Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prisons & Jails > Western Missouri Correctional Center (WMCC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Western Missouri Correctional Center (WMCC) Topics and discussion specific to Western Missouri Correctional Center (WMCC) in Cameron, Missouri.

Old 01-12-2003, 10:47 PM
Live, Laugh, Love

Default Western Missouri Correctional Center--Cameron, Missouri

Prison Name: Western Missouri Correctional Facility

Prison Address: 609 East Pence Rd. Cameron, MO. 64429

Prison Main Phone Number: 1-816-632-1390

Prison Fax Number: Unknown

Prison E-mail Address: N/A

Key Contact Names: Mr. Morgan & Mrs. Plumbington

Visitation Hours:
Thursday: 9:00am - 2:00pm , 3:00pm - 8:00pm
Friday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 2:00pm , 3:00pm - 8:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm , 3:00pm - 8:00pm

Visiting Rules:
No visitor will be permitted on institutional grounds more than one-half hour prior to visiting time.

Offenders will notbe called for visits between 4:00pm and 5:00pm unless extraordinary circumstances exist wich may exceed those hours.

Only those persons who are approve and listed on the offenders visiting list will be permitted to visit.

Visitors will only be permitted to be on one pffenders visiting list within the Department uness the visito is an immediate family member (not including a significant other) of more than one offender.

Only immediate family and designated visitors that are approved and listed on the offenders visiting list may visit on weekends.

1. Definition of immdiate family and designated visitors per departmental procedure 5-3.1 offende visitors:
A. Spouse
B. Parents/step parents, mother/father in-law, and their spouses.
C. Sibilngs/step sibilings and their spouses
D. Grandparents/step grandparents and their spouses
E. great grandparents/step great grandparents and their spouses
F. legal guardian
G. Children/step children and their spouses
H. Grandchildren/step grandchildren and their spouses
I. Great grandchildren/step great grandchildren and their spouses
J. One person designated as a significant other

Visitors, 13 years of age or older, are required to show valid picture identification.

person whose religious tenets prohibit them from being photographed will be required to:
A. obtain prior approval to visit from the superintendent/designee, and
B. present a non drivers license card withoutn photo or a drivers license card without photo obtained from the Department of Revenue

Visits Permitted:

Each offender may recieve 8 visits per month, unless otherwise determned by his institutional adjustment status.

Visits will be limited to 4 persons,including children, per offender with 1 exchange of visitors allowed during the visit.

1. The exchange will be counted as 1 visit provided the offender doesn't leave the visiting room.

2. It will be the responsiblity of the visitors to dvide the visiting period among themselves.

If a visitor leaves the visiting room floor for any reason other than medical needs and then requests to re-enter the visiting room, the offender being visited will be charged an additional visit.

Visiting restrictions, such as number of visitors permitted at one time, length of visits, ect., may be imposed as needed due to the limitation of the viiting roo, facilities or staff or other safety and security concerns.

Dress Code:

Visitors must dress appropriately for the good order and and security of the institution as well as to minimize the possibility of offending others. The following dress code must be followed at all institutions:

Clothing must not be excessively tight, see through or revealing.

Clothing must not be gang related or camouflaged, must not have racial slurs, inflammatory language, or inappropriate language.

Skirts, dresses and shorts must be no shorter than 2 inches above the top of the knee cap, no wrap around skirts or dresses permitted. Will not aply o childen 6 years old or younger.

Slacks/jeans- no holes permitted

Shirts, blouses, dres tops must cver the chest and stomach and have sleeves that cover th shoulders.

Shoes must be worn except by infants not walking

Headgear will be worn based on religious requirments, such headgear will be subject to search.

Sweater, suit coat, or a light jacket may be worn, but they must remain with the visitor at all times unless leftin a locker or hanging in the reception area.

Allowable Items and Non- Allowable Items:

Visitors will not bring any personal property into an institution except as needed for the duration of the visit.

The locker key.

An unlimited amount of loose coins (no pennies or rolls) bring in plastic bag.

Items for infants will be permitted as follows:
1 clear carry all for infat supplies
6 cloth or disposable diapers
1 baby blanket
3 clear, plastic baby bottles of prepared liquid
1 clear plastic no spill sippy cup
3 unopened vendor containers of baby food
1 plastic pacifier, teether, and rattle
1 small feeding spoon
1 unopened package of wet wipes

Medctions/medical equipment needed to maintain the visitors life, such as nitroglycerine, insulin, oxygen or asthma inhaler may be retained on the person of the visitor.

Visitors may not bring any items to, or take items from, an offender except as follows:
1. Income tax papers, for signature purposes, and wedding bands may be brought to the offender through the visiting room, upon approval
2. An offender may sed excess personal property out on a visit through proper channels, upon approval
3. Children are encourged to bring in report cards, school papers, homework, and artwork

Offenders are allowed 4 food visits per year providing all eligibility requirements are met.

No cameras or tape recorders will b permitted in the institution. Visitors may purchase picture tickets at the reception desk for $1.00. These must be purchsed before entering the visiting room.

Gum is not allowed

Electronic devices such as wireless phones and pagers are not allowed inside the institution.

There are many more but I am getting tired of typing. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.
Ite
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MyLife1020592 For This Useful Post:
frustratedinMO (05-27-2010), MannyKay777 (02-02-2012), timsgirl4life (10-21-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2003, 06:05 AM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,549 Times in 341 Posts

Jamie,

Great information - Thanks!

The Prison System is Broken
Old 06-18-2004, 01:57 PM

Can we mail stamps,writing paper,or envelopes to prisoners.Do you have a site we can talk to prisoners on line.I am writing on behalf of Tony Douglas #175337.Thank You
Stacy Pullen

Last edited by Christy; 10-26-2006 at 08:06 AM..
Old 06-28-2008, 11:22 PM
prodigal mastermind

Default Ex-Offender

I just left WMCC in Cameron, Missouri, 609 E. Pence Rd. If there is anything that I can contribute to this forum, please feel free to let me know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prodigalistics For This Useful Post:
charlieMN (07-01-2008), D-woman (02-18-2014)
Old 06-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Live and Learn~
Donation Award 

Glad you are out!! I pray you are doing well and all you can to stay out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigalistics View Post
I just left WMCC in Cameron, Missouri, 609 E. Pence Rd. If there is anything that I can contribute to this forum, please feel free to let me know.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:42 AM

Welcome to our PTO Family.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:54 AM
the booga with the shuga

Do they allow kisses and hugs when u arrive and leave?

Old 07-10-2008, 11:01 AM
I am his Wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlelia View Post
Do they allow kisses and hugs when u arrive and leave?
Yes when he enters by the pod doors ...you can give/recieve one brief hug and kiss. Make sure that it is brief though because they will be on you if it's too long (in their opinion )
Old 08-10-2011, 08:51 AM

Arrow wmcc

is there a smoking area or can you smoke at all during the visitation? how long can one visitor stay? what time are we supposed to be there?

thank you if anyone can answer those questions and thank you for all the information on this page
Old 10-25-2012, 09:37 PM

Default looking for old friend in this facility

do any of you know of Pete Walker
Old 10-10-2013, 09:47 AM

Default Visiting

If a visitor has a pending court date are they still able to visit the offender?
Old 10-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Donation Award 

Your loved one should know the answer to that. So sorry that you are not sure. I'm confused and probably not much help but if he is already in prison what is this business of having a court date? Wasn't that in the past? My best guess is yes, since I visited my guy all the time at the Justice Center before his court date.
Call the prison or ask your loved one if and when a phone call comes thru.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer1love View Post
is there a smoking area or can you smoke at all during the visitation? how long can one visitor stay? what time are we supposed to be there?

thank you if anyone can answer those questions and thank you for all the information on this page

No there is unfortunately not a smoking area but one visit is around 4 hours. Most of the time my guy and i will both be ready for a cigarette so i leave about 30 minutes early. Ive never visited in the morning but in the afternoon you can get there any time after 2 pm but they will make you wait in line outside the building until they unlike the door at varying times. Visit is supposed to start at 2:30 but i dont usually get back there until close to 3. You will get in trouble if you pull into the parking lot earlier than 2 pm. My advice to you would be to make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you go because too many times ive seen families get turned away because of one thing theyre missing. If you bring kids you MUST have their SS card or birth certificates, no way of getting around that. And remember if you're not immediate family then you cant visit on saturdays and sundays. I watched someone who drove all the way from western Kansas get turned away last night because he came to see his uncle on a Saturday. Best of luck to you on your upcoming visits!! Nothing is better than seeing your loved one