Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > TX State Jails, Private Prisons, Treatment & Parole Facilities Forums > Bradshaw State Jail - Texas
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2004, 11:14 AM

Default Bradshaw Unit - Texas State Jail - need general info and release date

Can anyone help me? I'm new on here, well new to the whole thing really. My b/f was put in Cass county last mnth and was transfered to Bradshaw on Friday & I'm freaking out. I called to see what his ID was and the guy laughed in my face. He said that I should already know it. Should I? He finally gave it to me but he said that he could not give me his release date. Where can I find it at? He doesn't know either bc he keeps asking me to call in his letters to find out when it is. Is Bradshaw a bad place? Well, considering where he is. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appriciated. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Loving Life Now!!

Sarah,
There is an 800 number you can call, but I think it's only good if dialed from the state of Texas. If you want to PM me, I can call it for you if you give me info, and I can give you his release date. Just let me know if I can help that way. I don't know anything about Bradshaw, so I'm sorry I can't help you that way.

Nancy
Old 10-17-2004, 05:49 PM
Texas Tornado
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,127 Times in 590 Posts

call 936-295-6371 its an automated number and if you have his tdc# you can get the information 24\7. if you don't have it you will have to call between 8-5 m-f

I don't know anything personally about that unit. If you need anything else just let me know.

Maureen
Old 10-17-2004, 06:53 PM

You can also try 1-512-406-5200. It is also automated. If you call between 8a and 5p, M-F, central time, you can also speak with a live operator. Also, make sure you keep up with his TDC#, you'll need it to conduct all your business with the state. Good Luck. Keep your faith in God, you'll need Him to get through this.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:09 PM

My boyfriend was just transferred from that unit. He didn't like the unit at all. He said the food there is terrible and that they don't feed you enough. They were having some issues with the guards and the daily operations with the facility. Pm if you need any other questions answered I will be glad to answer.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:21 PM
WICKED ONE!!!

Ha,I just went to see my friend for the first time,he has been in Bradshaw for about seven months now...the visits are very relaxed and we got a contact and we are not related in any way other than just friends...

He said that they do NOT work,have school programs or even get to go to the library...they do get to go outside and work out but this is about all...

Also,which wuz very weird to me...they do not even get real milk...I did state time in Texas and we got milk every morning and every now and then,we got chocolate milk!!!

These poor guyz get powered milk and my friend said it wuz killing him...

All I can say is that if you go visit,take plenty of change for the vending machines...they do have tons of those with all the usual crap but the guyz love it!!!

Old 10-17-2004, 08:20 PM

Default Thank you

Thank you for your help but I called both of the numbers & it keeps telling me that the Id# is not correct. Could this be that it's not in there system yet because he was only transfered on Friday or did the guy give me the wrong #. I guess I will call back tommorrow & talk to a person. I'm just not really patient. Thank you
Old 10-18-2004, 12:33 PM

Use the 1-800# it is good. I'm in Arkansas as well. Your best bet is to call late at night or really early in the a.m.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:09 PM

If he's been transferred to a unit, then he's in the system. If he's in the system he has a number. Sounds like they just gave you the wrong number. When you speak to someone, they'll ask you for his exact d.o.b. , they may also ask for the county of conviction. They'll give you the correct ID#, and answer your questions. Don't forget (when you get it), that number is the key to the city...
God Bless
Old 02-22-2006, 10:06 AM

Smile BradShaw Visitation

Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about bradshaw and the visitation rules down there. I new to the whole thing going to see someone locked up and I have no idea what to expect. I'm planning on visiting a really close friend of mine this weekend but I have my hesitations. First, the drive I've been told that its about 3 hours away from where I live which is in Fort Worth. So, if there's anyone out there who could help me ease my hesitations it would be greatly appreciated. It's been almost 3 months since I last say him and I can't wait.

Thanks in Advance
Old 03-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Waiting since 8/3/05...=(

Ugh I just found out my boyfriend got moved there.... you said they do NOT get to work or go to school or anything?? That sucks cus he was looking forward to doing one of those or both of those things. =( Man I am NOT looking forward to that drive AT ALL....Its like 4 hours away from me. =(
Old 04-12-2006, 05:29 PM

Red face

Hey ya'll... I'm an every weekend visitor to Bradshaw. My husband has been there since December and I live in Texarkana (2hrs). Gas companys love us don't they... Anyways they do get to have jobs... And school is availabe. For instance my old man goes to class everyday from, I think, 7am-2pm. Yes, they do get a break for lunch. There food is crap there also and it is powder milk. YUCK!!! So thats why its always a good idea to bring change with you. They get to eat and drink too.
About visitation... You get 2 hour visits. At first they will be glass visits, but after 30 days(state) 90 days(TDC), you will get a contact visit. Don't forget your ID's.
Hope this helps a bit...
Old 04-20-2006, 11:48 AM

Here's where I found my spouse's information, including his number. Hope it works.

http://168.51.178.33/webapp/TDCJ/index2.htm
Old 04-20-2006, 06:24 PM

Bradshaw is a bad place just because of the staff that runs it. They aren't the brightest or nicest there. I was going to visit every saturday for 5 straight weeks, and then when I called to check on my boyfriend's status, I was told they couldn't tell me anything because I wasn't on his visiting list. WHAT? I had been visiting the entire time. They are really insane over there, and don't care about the inmates, but does any of the facilities really care about their rights?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Irrelevant, ignorant & ill-informed
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,113 Times in 521 Posts

u r right jerricox. the staff at bradshaw is the worst.......andrew
Old 06-20-2007, 10:17 AM
MAY 25 IS MY DAY

Question Bradshaw unit

Dose anyone have love ones in Henderson Tx at the bradshaw unit?That lives close to Orange tx.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:45 AM

Not sure where Orange, Texas is but I live 10 minutes from Sherman, Texas. My husband is on his way today to Bradshaw unit. Where is Orange Texas at?
Old 06-20-2007, 11:22 AM

Can you tell me a little bit about Bradshaw. Everything I have read is horrible. He was at Buster Cole in Bonham. Now I don't know what to think. I am about three hours away from him now. What time is the visitation, dress code on stuff like flip flops and stuff like that. Still the same on money in a clear bag. I am so worried about taking my son there. Cole was clean, layed back and everyone was nice. I hate that he was transferred from there to a facility that everyone has nothing nice to say about. Any information will be helpful.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Donation Award 

I served 18 months at Bradshaw. I have been out a little over 6 months now. If you have any specific questions, please PM me.......andrew
Old 06-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Donation Award 

Default Bradshaw

Lets not forget the degrading strip- searches by a male homosexual that is refered to as "cupcake.".............andrew
Old 06-20-2007, 09:40 PM
MAY 25 IS MY DAY

what? is that at bradshaw unit?
Old 06-20-2007, 09:53 PM
MAY 25 IS MY DAY

well i dont know anything good about that place he hates it and i do to they dont have good ppl there at all.I am right by beaumont tx and at the L.A line. I want to know about this cupcake achapinguy? Is he still there? I am going to ask my boyfriend in my letter
Old 06-20-2007, 10:03 PM
MAY 25 IS MY DAY

No you cant have open toe shoes.You can see him on weekends they are open from 8 to 5 the first time you see him maybe behind glass and if so you will have to wait about 2hrs to go in but if you get there when they first open you will go right back.This is how rude the ppl are.I was talking to my son outside as i was waiting to go in about me handicap son cant go up there bc he cant sit in the heat that rude lady that works there to me well he will sit outside or not come just bc he is handicap he cant sit inside.I looked at her and said i wasnt talking to you and i will go over you head if i do bring him.And one more thing no it is not clean there at all I was there this past weekend and they had more flys in there then outside no lie
Old 06-20-2007, 11:12 PM

yes cupcake is still there i seen him i think two weeks ago i am so glad that my husband is getting out in a few weeks
TEXAS #23
Old 06-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Waiting on Michael

I hate this place, its to bad we have to put up with some of these people to see the ones we love...