Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WEST VIRGINIA > West Virginia Prison Visitation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

West Virginia Prison Visitation All information & questions related to visitation in all West Virginia facilities should be posted here.

Old 10-12-2004, 10:15 PM

Question Visitation at Huttonsville???

Hi everyone, I am just curious about visitation at Huttonsville.. What the visits are like and how long they last.. can I touch him and kiss him..I mean I am pretty sure that we can't be all up on each other.. But can we hold hands and touch and stuff.. I hope so.. I get to see my Baby for the first time since the end of August this Saturday... I am really excited but at the same time really nervous.. Anyone got any advice about that?... If you read this thanks for taking time to read it, if you post a reply thank you so so much.. I really appreciate it so much...
I miss my Jamie!!!!!
Erin
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2004, 09:00 AM
Banned

If Huttonsville is like St Mary's, then you can give him a kiss and hug at the beginning. You have to sit across the table from him, but you ccan hold his hand. You are also allowed a kiss and hug at the end. You have 4 hours per week to visit. (At least that what I get when I visit Kevin at St. Marys). Make sure you do not wear anything that appears tight, strectchy or see through. They WILL NOT let you in. Also make sure that your photo ID Has the address that is on your visitation form. They get cranky about that as well.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:16 PM

I have another question about huttonsville visitation My friend was going to drive up with me and see her cousin (i'm going to see my brother) Are we all alowed to sit together? Or do they asign seats. thanks
Old 05-16-2005, 02:45 PM

They assign seats, and two inmates families to my knowledge are not allowed to sit together... but you'll probably be seated side by side...

Take care, Bonnie

God Bless!!!
Bonnie

Galatians 2:20
Old 10-25-2005, 03:02 PM

I visit my boyfreind every weekend at huttonsville. When you get there you go through the gate and show your id and registration to your vehicle and then you park and go in. A guard will greet you and have you give him or her your id and registraion. Then he will run you through the metal detector then you sit down and they ask you for your shoes. And they walk the dog around you and then they tell you to go up to the desk and she will ask you a few questions then give you a locker number and a little card with your table number on it. Then you go into this other little room and they pat you down and look in your mouth. Then they let you through and you go to your table and wait for him to come in. As he comes in and gets to your table you can hug him and kiss him . then when you sit down you can sit beside each other and hold hands and talk. You can sometimes get away with a little peck everyonce in a while but not alot.. Then when it is all done you can do what you did at first. As far as the hours you can go 4 hours a day.. Sat and Sun. But they only get so many hours a month. They are credited 2 hours for sat. and 2 for sun and 2 for any state or federal holidays. So you add that up and that will tell you how many hours he has.. And after he is there for 90 days no write ups he gets 4 hours extra a month. As far as the clothes i can tell you one thing dont wear and pants with holes in them ... I know ... HA HA.. And dont wear anything tight or sexual... And no shorts or skirts about your knees..... Enjoy your visit..
Old 10-25-2005, 03:04 PM

No they will give you different tables.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Ashley

After reading about visitation at Huttonsville I have a few questions of my own!! I know at MOCC you cant even have a bra with wires in it is that the same for Huttonsville?? And I've also been told by a couple guards that when they walk the dog by you if you are menstrating it may set them off...anyone know if that is true??? I would greatly appreciate any info you can give me!! Thanks
Ashley
Old 01-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Donation Award 

No underwire bras are allowed at any facility where you have to go through a metal detector before visiting. I know that some underwire bras have plastic instead of metal, so I don't know if that would be an issue or not.

Any well trained guard dog isn't going to go off or attack at the scent of menstrual blood. They are looking for drugs/explosives. I think someone might have been putting you on or the dogs they were referring to aren't very good at their job.

Last edited by justvicki; 01-19-2007 at 05:28 PM..