Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prisons & Jails > Women's Eastern Reception, Diagnostic & Correctional Center (WERDCC) - Missouri
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Women's Eastern Reception, Diagnostic & Correctional Center (WERDCC) - Missouri Topics and discussion specific to Women's Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center (WERDCC) in Vandalia, Missouri.

Old 10-09-2004, 05:31 AM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,540 Times in 341 Posts
Default Women's Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center - Missouri - Profile

Please provide the following information:

Prison Address

Prison Phone Number

Security Level

Visiting Hours/Days

Visiting Rules

Visiting Dress Code

Visiting - How much money you can take in

Mail Rules - what can and cannot be mailed in.

Superintendent Name

Local Accommodations / Prices / Food

Local support groups

Any other important information.

Please provide as much information as you know of the prison you are most familiar with so that we can build complete profiles of all the Missouri prisons.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2004, 10:48 AM

Default Werdcc

WOMENS EASTERN RECEPTION & DIAGNOSTIC CORRECTIONAL CENTER
LEVEL 1-5

WERDCC
P.O. Box 300
1101 E. Highway 54
Vandalia, MO 63382
1-573-594-6686

Superintendent: Patricia Cornell
Assistant Superintendent: Laraine Lamb
Medical: Karen Jacobi
Chaplain: Reverend Sharon Fisher-Smith

BASIC INFO: A/C in cells. Four women to a room.
EMPLOYMENT: Cosmetology program, seamstress opportunities, computer programming, assistance dog training (CHAMP)

VISITING HOURS: Visiting rules available at check in.

Thursday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Friday 10:30 am to 7:30 pm
Saturday 8 am to 12 pm IMMEDIATE FAMILY ONLY
Sunday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm IMMEDIATE FAMILY ONLY

PROGRAMS AVAILABLE:
Storylink, PATCH, CHAMP (assistance dog/rescue dog training), drama club.

TRANSPORTATION AVAILABLE: Prison Family Services: 314-381-6001
Bus leaves St. Louis on the 3rd Saturday of each month. Cost is $25 per person, children under 13 pay $10, children under 2 are free. The bus leaves at 6:00 am. MUST CALL FOR RESERVATIONS.

PLACES TO STAY:

Heartland Inn: 573-324-2262 at 1400 Business Highway 54W,
Bowling Green $33 to $40

Twilight Motel: 573-594-6462 at 1110 West US Highway 54, Vandalia $40

Super 8: 573-324-6000 at 1216 E. Champ Clark Drive, Bowling Green $54

PLACES TO EAT:

DIRECTIONS:

From St. Louis: Take 70 West to Highway 61 North. Drive for about 45 minutes to Vandalia exit - Highway 54. Turn left to facility (approximately 19 miles). DRIVE SPEED LIMIT THROUGH CURRYVILLE!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to bex For This Useful Post:
marci65 (10-07-2009)
Old 04-13-2005, 11:24 AM

i can very much recomend the twilight motel in vandalia! bill kasikantiris is a close friend of mine! (the motel owner)
Old 11-17-2005, 12:12 PM
Missin my Bear!

Women assigned to 1house, wings A-D have different visit times. A&B get visits 2nd Saturday ONLY 1230-530 C&D 3rd Saturday ONLY 1230-530.
Found this out after driving 41/2 hours
Old 11-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Missin my Bear!

Messed up the dates, and have more info... sorry for any confusion other than my own?!?

Women assigned to HU1, wings A-D have different visit times. A&B get visits 1st Saturday ONLY 1230-530 C&D 3rd Saturday ONLY 1230-530. Immediate family only. This is their TREATMENT CENTER.
Women assigned to their DIAGNOSTIC CENTER are allowed visits the 2nd saturday, 1230-530 Immediate family only.
I reccomend calling ahead of time. My wife was moved before I got there and put her on a different visit schedule. I found that out after driving 41/2 hours, only to turn around and drive back!
Old 11-27-2005, 03:54 PM

WERDCC, Vandalia. You are also able to take into the visiting room in a clear plastic bag (clear make up bags work great.) up to $50.00. This may be in change, change and bills, there is a change machine in the visit room that will give change for ones and fives. I sugguest to make it easier on yourself, take quarters and ones. You also may take 1 unopened pack of smokes and 1 clear lighter and your inmate may smoke these also. In departing, you may take their smokes with you and you may take drinks and food items out with you, they can not. You are able to purchase their, up to 4 pks. of smokes for them. They lable these and take them back to their housing unit with them.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:19 PM

I just wanted to post a short note here to say that I was once an offender housed on 8 House in WERDCC and if anyone has any questions about the facility, I would be happy to try and answer them for you. I know how frustrated my family was when I was sent there and they knew nothing about it. Once again if you have any questions you think I might be able to help you with feel free to ask.

Nicky
Old 02-27-2009, 11:47 AM

Default daughter will be going to Vandalia prison next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglez1979 View Post
I just wanted to post a short note here to say that I was once an offender housed on 8 House in WERDCC and if anyone has any questions about the facility, I would be happy to try and answer them for you. I know how frustrated my family was when I was sent there and they knew nothing about it. Once again if you have any questions you think I might be able to help you with feel free to ask.

Nicky
I would like to know about the prison can you help? all you can tell me would help. we are worried. first time for any of us. thank you
Old 05-19-2009, 08:27 PM

Default Info Please

Quote:

Nicky
Hi Nicky! I would appreciate any information you could give me about this facility. Getting mail to a loved ones, visiting days, treatment of the women, anything. Thank You! Renee
Old 05-29-2009, 09:33 PM

I just want to know a real nice motel or hotel to stay over night in. we are old so want nice beds?
Old 06-03-2009, 07:08 PM

are they able to smoke there?
Old 07-08-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:

Nicky
Hi Nicky,
I was wanting to know also a few things ,,my daughter is in there and has been since 2008 I know some of the rules there and have been there to visit her about every 6 weeks .Can you give me a little more info on the Treatment program I think she is going into that in Feb of 2010 ?? I am hoping so much after that she will be able to be home again with her family and children he X-husband wont let her see the kids nor I bring them there to see her,,so it is really hard for all of us ...
Thank you so much for the information and So glad you are out and home with your loved ones ,many blessings to you and hope your life now can be all that you want it to be ...
God Bless
Old 07-21-2009, 11:29 PM

I was an offender in W.E.R.D.C.C so if you have any questions I might be able to answer feel free to ask.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:04 AM

Default Friend just assigned to WERDCC..help

My friend Lisa is new there, and I want to go see her. I have the form to fill out about me, but once that is sent, then what? Am not clear on when I can visit, or how to put money on her books, (I have that form too) Can I even take money to her?...can u help perhaps?? She is in HU 6B Thank u so much, Becca

Quote:

Nicky
Old 10-07-2009, 12:53 PM

Hi Nicky, i was hoping maybe you can shed some light on this place for me? My daughter went to WERDCC on 10/2/2009. I unfortunately had no idea that the prison has there own phone system. I called & set it up, however she still can't get through they said there were insufficient funds on the acct. i do not have a prepaid plan set up because it appears that they are getting unnessary money from the families using it with all the extra charges they add in. I called PCS back & they told me she has to enter her inmate ID # before a collect call can come through? Do you know if this is how it works, or does she put the pin # in that i had to set up? They told me to call the prison beings i can't hardly get that message to her will they discuss this with me? I am very frustrated with this whole thing when she arrived they took her $ plus made her send everything back home (i'm assumng with the stamps i bought) are they not allowed to have paper-envelopes-stamps-pencils & pictures of her children? I am sad & worried, and really want to talk to her! Anything you can tell me i would appreciate more than you'll ever know, as well as her 4 young children! Thanks so much!! Very sad & concerned Mom
Old 10-28-2009, 08:48 AM

Default Updated Information on Women's Eastern REception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center

Women's Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center
(C-1 to C-5 female)
P.O. Box 300
1101 E. Hwy 54
Vandalia, Mo. 63382
573-594-6686
Cyndi Prudden, Warden
http://www.doc.mo.gov/division/adult/werdcc.htm
Old 12-17-2009, 07:15 PM

Unhappy

Quote:

Nicky
my girl is being sent there what can i send her and how do i get money to her i live to far away to visit and we are not married seeing how we are both female please give me any advice how do they treat the women there is it bad or is it bearable
Old 01-12-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:

Nicky
ANY information, tips for anyone who has never been in the system before. My family, as well, is terrified. Whatever you think is most important that I know. Thank you so much for your help
Old 04-21-2010, 09:51 PM

Default Please RSVP ASAP - Leaving fri.

Quote:

Nicky
tHANKS FOR YOUR OFFER. i HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS. I"M IN SPRINGFIELD, AND MY SENTENCING HEARING IS FRI, 23RD. THE BED DATE I WAS GIVEN IS 5-31-10. I WANTED TO ASK IF YOU KNOW WHETHER OR NOT THE JUDGE WILL LET ME GO BACK HOME UNTIL THEN. I HAVEN'T BEEN IN ANY MORE TROUBLE AND THE LAST TIME I WAS IN COURT WAS FEB 5TH - FOR THE PLEA AGGREEMENT. MY LAWYER IS GOING TO REQUEST THAT I REMAIN WITH MY FAMILY, AND REPORT BACK TO THE COURTS WHEN MY BED DATE COMES UP. ANY IDEA WHAT THE JUDGE WILL DO?
Also, I read somewhere on here that I can take 1 unopened pkg. of underwear, 1 bra - no wire, paper, envelopes, stamps, and also a pair of pj's - but they have to be a matching pair. What do you know about that?
Thanks so much!
Sunny
Old 06-05-2010, 05:29 PM
lois

Default Daughter-in-law

Quote:

Nicky
My daughter-in-law was just sent to WERDCC and we can't find anything out. I set up a phone call line for her but when I call down there to ask them to have her call they tell me to call back. We are just worried about her because she has seizures and we want to be sure she is okay. Anything you can tell us would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:46 PM

I also was an offender housed on 2 house....I can also answer any questions.......
Old 08-09-2010, 01:37 PM

Post What I Know As of 08/01/2010

Women's Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center
************************************************** **********************************************
Location Address
WERDCC
P.O. Box 300
1101 E. Highway 54
Vandalia, MO 63382
1-573-594-6686

Prisoner Mailing Address:
DOC #: #######
WERDCC
P.O. Box 300
Vandalia, MO 63382

BASIC INFO:
A/C in cells.
Four women to a room.

EMPLOYMENT:
Cosmetology program, seamstress opportunities, computer programming, assistance dog training (CHAMP)

VISITING HOURS: Visiting rules available at check in.
ERDCC Eastern Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center 9:30a - 1:30p
Friday - 2:30p - 6:30p 9:30a - 1:30p
Saturday - 2:30p - 6:30p 9:30a - 1:30p
Sunday - 2:30p - 6:30p
(Recomended: Call ahead of time. If the onmate is moved before you get there and put on a different visit schedule. You wouldn't want to find that out after driving for hours, only to turn around and drive back!)

Note:
You are also able to take into the visiting room in a clear plastic bag (clear make up bags work great.) up to $50.00. This may be in change,
change and bills, there is a change machine in the visit room that will give change for ones and fives.

Suggest to make it easier on yourself, take quarters and ones. You also may take 1 unopened pack of smokes and 1 clear lighter and your
inmate may smoke these also.

In departing, you may take their smokes with you and you may take drinks and food items out with you, they can not.

You are able to purchase there, up to 4 pks. of smokes for them. They label these and take them back to their housing unit with them.

PROGRAMS AVAILABLE:
Storylink, PATCH, CHAMP (assistance dog/rescue dog training), drama club.

TRANSPORTATION AVAILABLE: Prison Family Services: 314-381-6001
Bus leaves St. Louis on the 3rd Saturday of each month.
Cost is $25 per person, children under 13 pay $10, children under 2 are free.
The bus leaves at 6:00 am. MUST CALL FOR RESERVATIONS.

PLACES TO STAY:
Heartland Inn: 573-324-2262 at 1400 Business Highway 54W,
Bowling Green $33 to $40
Twilight Motel: 573-594-6462 at 1110 West US Highway 54, Vandalia $40
Super 8: 573-324-6000 at 1216 E. Champ Clark Drive, Bowling Green $54

DIRECTIONS:
From St. Louis:
Take 70 West to Highway 61 North. Drive for about 45 minutes to Vandalia exit - Highway 54. Turn left to facility (approximately 19 miles).
DRIVE SPEED LIMIT THROUGH CURRYVILLE!!!!

From Clayton :
Take Highway 170 North to Highway 70 West (toward Kansas City)
Take Highway 70 West (toward Kansas City) -- about 28 miles
Exit 210B - Highway 61 North (toward Hannibal/Wentzville/Bowling Green)
Take Highway 61 North – about 46 miles
After the Bowling Green Exit, Take the Exit for Highway 54 (for Louisiana/Mexico)
Take Highway 54 West (toward Mexico) – about 15 miles
On your right, as you approach the town of Vandalia, you see the prison on your right.
(If you get to the center of town, the 4-way stoplight, you’ve gone too far.)
Pull into the parking lot.
Find a spot with no sign at the head of it.
Enter the main doors.
Bring nothing but a photo ID (& snack/cigarette money in a clear plastic bag).

Contact person: Institutional Activities Coordinator:
Angelica Painter, 573-594-6686
or
talk to the officer at the front desk (same number)

Putting Money On Prisoner Accounts:
JPAY: Send Money - Send Prisoner Email (+ Atachments) - Forums
Enter Inmate's ID (DOC #: ########)
EMail Address: Must be a real Email address
PW: 'you choose'
Security question: 'pick one'
Old 08-31-2010, 03:17 AM

I was an offender there also you can send me a message if you have questions I am on here every so often
Old 09-06-2010, 06:17 PM

is this an e-mail to you or a reply to the forum
Old 09-22-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candymaker View Post
are they able to smoke there?
no