Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pennsylvania Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Pennsylvania prisons.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:57 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

It is a tough and rigid prison--the CO's rule and let you know that from the get-go. No give and all take.

ERacism

...if i know anything at all,
it's that a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2008, 09:38 AM

My husband is at Greene and I actually love going to see him there. Most of the guards are extremely friendly to us and they constantly laugh and joke with me. The visits are relaxed once you get past the drug screenings. No metal just like evrything else. And they tend to search the car with the dog if they have never seen U before. I visit weekly (6 hour drive) I can say I wouldn't want my husband anywhere else. Jail is jail no matter what but most of the guys there are parole violators trying to get home. Don't be afraid of Greene
The Following User Says Thank You to Smooch08 For This Useful Post:
Warrior Wife (08-01-2009)
Old 02-27-2008, 09:27 PM

Been to Greene many times before my son got transfered. Most of the COs from the front desk to the visiting room are friendly, and are easy to get along with. Never had any issues when visiting.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:26 AM

Default Sci-greene

I am new to this forum, But if anyone has any information on SCI-Greene it would be greatly appreciated. I have went on the DOCC website and thei info. is minimal as always...My man is classified as a #2, and he just got sent there supposedly because of space issues with the otehr places..Im beside myslef because i am from philly and I am not familiar with this part of PA at all... do they offer contact visits?? just any info about visitng with my 5 year old would be helpful. Thanks in advance...
Old 07-08-2008, 07:53 AM

I've never been to Greene, but all the state prisons have contact visits, as long as the guy is not in the hole. Most of them also have a children's play area with toys and games. You and I are even -- I'm from WESTERN PA, and have to go to Philly to see my parolee, because the PABPP says he has to live there for the next 3 years. I'm not quite as far west as Greene, but if you need any help while you are over this direction, let me know. As you are in Philly, are you coming to the Get-together on the 12th?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:04 AM

I DIDNT KNOW OF ANY GET TOGETHER IN PHILLY. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IM POSTING ON HERE. whERE AND WHEN??
Old 08-23-2008, 03:20 AM

Default visits

My husband's on death row in s.c.i..greene. Death row prisoners don't have contact visits but General Population do. General Population visits are held in a large room watched over by guards. Just the usual tables and chairs so there's nothing to worry about. The lobby Officers are ok but very strict about what you can take in . If you want to know anything more just let me know. They have lockers for your things and there's a limit to how much cash you can take in. You'd need to call the prison and ask to speak to the lobby officer. It's usually an Officer Brown and he'll tell you what you can take for you and the little one.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:35 PM

i HAVE A VAN SERVICE AND I TAKE ONE OF MY CUSTOMERS TO GREENE WEEKLY. SHE REALLY EXPESSED HOW MUCH SHE ENJOYED THE VISITS. VERY RELAXED ATMOSPHER.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:07 AM
Down For Life

I can tell you what you need to know about Greene, PM me if you need to know anything else.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:10 PM

Question Who to contact?

I'm writing about SCI Greene and I need some more information and I was wondering who at the prison should I contact to get more information? I really want to get the most accurate information possible, so if someone could help me out I'd be very appreciative. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:13 PM
friends are timeless

Call The Prison And Ask Them!
dr. seuss
Old 10-14-2008, 01:10 PM

Smile Sci-greene

You probably got the info you needed on sci-greene, but if you have any more questions regarding this place, the visits, all the stuff the prison staff won't tell you ahead of time, you can email me directly. My husband has been there awhile,and I have visited quite a few times. If I can help I will. My email is Italianchic1125@aol.com. Take care.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:04 PM

Default hello

they do offer the contact visits but it depends on the classification he is in and where he is bunked...my man is there and we just got contact visits right before the holidays...and I love it now but i need him home...whatever you do...don't where underwire bra cause it will set off the detector...and you can call and ask to speak to his counselor but if he doesn't tell you then you will have to wait..mine had to tellabout the visitation...but when you go to pa dept of corrections..you can go to greene and read there handbook...that will also tell you the visitation..good luck hun

Last edited by mysoulishis; 01-14-2009 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 03-01-2009, 06:13 PM

Default Conditions at SCI Greene

Hello,
Can someone give me information on conditions at SCI Greene? I have a friend from college who is serving 4 life sentences there. Thanks!
Old 03-03-2009, 01:43 PM

SCI Greene is an ok prison. The guards are nice but don't try to be fresh because they have cameras everywhere and will put your boy in the hole if you're caught feeling him up! It's so not worth it. But the visits are comfortable and just make sure your bra doesn't have any underwire and don't wear perfume or lotion because it may set off the drug scanner. Once you get pastt the bullsh*t it's quite comfortable. I do it every week and the drive is 5 hours from Philly!
The Following User Says Thank You to Smooch08 For This Useful Post:
yumyum123 (03-22-2009)
Old 03-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Down For Life

if you have a bra with wires hold on to the wires and walk thru sideways. my word it works. LOL
Old 03-06-2009, 10:29 AM

I am from Philly and I travel to Greene weekly. It's a 5 hour ride but the visits are relaxed. Make sure your car is clean because they do random drug searches. Other than that I love the visits. Don't try to be fresh because they will put your man in the hole and it's traumatizing but follow the rules and you'll be fine. And do not speed on the turnpike from Philly the cops will get cha. I have found a duckie way with no tolls that takes the same amount of time. PM me if U needto
Old 07-29-2009, 02:12 PM

I just got to visit my Boo at Greene, and the guards were really nice and everything went smoothly...but like Smooch08 was right-no metal! (that includes underwire bras)

Last edited by smiles844; 07-29-2009 at 02:14 PM..
Old 07-30-2009, 03:51 AM
Wiser now...

Thanked 2,984 Times in 1,001 Posts

Hey, smiles...

Glad you had a nice visit.

The COs at Greene are professional and some are really decent people. There are others who are pretty sour and who really frown on interracial couples...it just depends.

The metal detector is VERY sensitive, and if you wear an underwire, not only will it set off the machine, you'll have to go into the visit braless (not a good thing !!!) Also, you only get three tries thru the dectector...after three strikes, it's a no contact visit .

The atmosphere in the visiting room is pleasant, which is a big plus.

Remember to bring QUARTERS if you want photos. The machine "breaks" every time someone puts in a dollar bill!!!!!

xo,

WW
Old 09-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Chyne & Dirrone

Exclamation

Is there anyone interested in carpooling up to SCI Greene this friday or saturday? Leaning more toward saturday. Also looking for a carpool buddy in the future. Please PM me if interested. SERIOUS PEOPLE ONLY!!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:29 PM

I live in Lancaster/York area and interested in carpooling! i do have a child. if interested let me know!! leebee143@aol.com or message on here. im new to this!!
Old 01-23-2010, 10:13 AM

Default Info. on SCI Greene Web ste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazz View Post
where can i go online a web page that tells me population and more on SCI GREENE?
Hi Shazz,
I am attempting to paste the link to Greene's home page, however I received a message stating that I can not because I have fewer than 15 post??
If you google PA DOC it will show you the link to the PA DOC (cor state pa us), on the left side of the page you'll see a link for "Institutions" when you click on it a map appears in the middle of the page with all of the state correctional inst. Just click on Greene, it's at the bottom left. From there you can view all the info. Hope that helped..
Old 09-20-2010, 10:06 PM
One day at a time my love

I hope that I can get some information from someone in this thread, or if someone post a thread like this before in the past. I would like to write Mumia Abd-Jamal since I am very interesting in getting feedback from him. I understand he is still on DR at this prison. If someone can please give me info on how to write him that will be great. Thanks!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:38 PM

Not sure about mail rules on DR but it would be
Mumia Abu-Jamal AM8335
SCI Greene
175 Progress Drive
Waynesburg, PA 15370