Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pennsylvania Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Pennsylvania prisons.

Old 10-07-2004, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

Arrow SCI-Chester

SCI-Chester
500 East Fourth Street
Chester, PA 19013
(610)490-5412

SCI-Chester opened in April 1998 as the state's first facility designed to treat inmates with substance abuse problems. It is also the state's first tobacco-free facility.

Key Staff

Martin L. Dragovich, Superintendent

Roxina A. Rumley, Deputy Superintendent for Facilities Management

Robert M. Sunshine, Deputy Superintendent for Centralized Services

Faith Gilger, Business Manager

Louisa Perez, Superintendent's Assistant

Last edited by bethbupp; 04-03-2006 at 04:58 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2004, 10:54 PM

Old 12-30-2004, 10:57 PM

Additional information about SCI-Chester. It is a relatively small facility, approximately 1,000 men. The guys there have been determined to have some kind of drug/alcohol issue--whether they are dealing with addiction or their crime has some kind of tie-in to drugs/alcohol. For some of the guys, it's a "last stop" in their sentence before they go home.
If anyone needs specific info about the facility--visitation, etc.--please feel free to post here or PM me!
Take care,
Renee
Old 05-16-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Chester county prision off af wawaset rd

Hi,
I am new to the forums and I was wondering if anyone had any info on chester county prision.
Thanks a bunch,
hccali21
Old 10-26-2005, 09:50 PM

Hey, my boyfriend is in chester county prison too, you posted a while ago so you probably have the info you need already, my name is jessica i'd love to talk to you my email is savelloj81@yahoo.com
Old 10-26-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Chester County Prison

Anyone have loved ones in Chester County Prison PA?
Old 04-23-2006, 03:11 AM

are you talking state prison or county prison my son is being transferred to chester anytime now and i also need info on it
Old 10-30-2006, 04:37 PM

Default Commissary List

Is it possible to get a commissary list for SCI Chester? My nephew was recently transferred there and still has the majority of his sentence to go.

Many thanks.

CelticFerret
Old 05-07-2007, 08:16 PM

My love is in CCP. He's been there for quite some time now. I dont have much info to offer about it. I havent been there because I dont drive. I have no idea what his sentence is going to be ... he's been charged with corruption of a minor and indecent assault. He is also wanted for a probation violation in another state. Does anyone know how much time he's going to get? Will he do his time here or there? This is all so confusing and when you call you dont get answers!
Old 05-08-2007, 09:39 AM

Does he have a public defender in Chester County? They may give you info. Try to find the name of his counselor. They can sometimes be helpful. Ask him his ID # and Cell block. Also what area he is in: Minimum, Medium, or Maximum. Find the CCP site online and you will find some info there.
There is another very helpful site to find out individual charges, court dates etc: Pennsylvania's Unified Judicial System. I cannot post the url but you may be able to search for it online.

Good Luck!
Old 12-31-2007, 03:35 AM

Bobble maybe you can help with this....my man is having a hard time getting into chester....they told him basically no....cause he doens't have a drug/alc problem...he is locked up for selling and made no money cause he smoked it all away!! like how did he convince them of this....he so has a problem with drugs...well use to!! could it be cuase he sentence is too long....7-14 (he served about 2.5)????
Old 01-06-2008, 04:14 PM

Would someone please explain to me why, when you call Chester and identify yourself and the inmate they will tell you NOTHING whatsoever about the inmate? I have been able to obtain information in the past and have spoken to another office in the prison - not even given that possibility today. This is my brother's son and I am well able to explain anything they need to know.

I explained that I had been attempting to track the progress of a move from one facility to another. Also their website is not working and they do not seem to be aware of that either.

I am pissed - to say the least about now.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:00 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

They won't talk about moves to anyone. That is, if you are wondering if your nephew is going to be moved on a certain day, they won't provide that info. for security reasons. In general, prison staff are not obligated to tell callers anything specific about a prisoner and typically will cite "confidentiality" as the reason.

ERacism

...if i know anything at all,
it's that a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Old 11-16-2008, 11:35 AM

My husband is at SCI-Chester and all I have to say is they got some of the nastiest female guards. Alot them in there looking for a man. For instance when I'm visiting my husband they always want to talk to him. And I'm like why talk to him now and you see him more than I do. That's why I give them hell everytime I go and visit my husband. I just can't wait for this to be over.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:02 PM

It's the nature of the beast, you never know what your going to get when you go into one of these institutions.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:12 AM
Loved one

Red face Medical issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogirl71 View Post
Additional information about SCI-Chester. It is a relatively small facility, approximately 1,000 men. The guys there have been determined to have some kind of drug/alcohol issue--whether they are dealing with addiction or their crime has some kind of tie-in to drugs/alcohol. For some of the guys, it's a "last stop" in their sentence before they go home.
If anyone needs specific info about the facility--visitation, etc.--please feel free to post here or PM me!
Take care,
Renee
My brother is at SCI Chester and he's been on some meds. for anxiety/depression and he said he's been taken off his meds. for them and to help him sleep. I plan to try to contact the medical staff in the morning (on the phone) to see what I can find out. He needs his meds. and he's getting no answers from the medical staff as to why all of a sudden he isn't getting what he needs.

Any help you can give is appreciated.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:06 PM

my fiance has bipolar and he has never been medicated on the outside because he had no insurance and couldn't afford the medication. He was recently transferred to SCI Chester just this week and is having a really hard time with the depression and mania and asked to see someone for these issues and posibly get some antidepressants or something for the mood swings. They told him NO Chester is a not a treatment facility and not a mental facility and he would not get any meds at all there. So he is just left to deal with it himself once again . Maybe this is the attitude about meds there .
Old 02-26-2009, 04:03 AM

Tell him to talk to the "Unit Psych". He or she is more like what we would call a therapist, but if they see the bipolar, they can refer him to the psychiatrist.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:40 PM

Thanks Beth , I'll tell him that when he calls.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:18 PM

ty

Last edited by FN7537ROSE; 03-21-2009 at 05:19 PM..
Old 03-23-2009, 11:38 PM

i was just released from sci chester and i know how that prison is run. if you have any specific questions about the place, i may be able to help you. just let me know...
The Following User Says Thank You to FN7537ROSE For This Useful Post:
bellababydoll (09-06-2009)
Old 03-26-2009, 02:11 PM

i do i have a loved one in chester county prison can't seem to get out to him though because can't find transportation.i am coming from philly
Old 03-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Sharethebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by savelloj81 View Post
Anyone have loved ones in Chester County Prison PA?
I do! - He went in the first week of February and is now in the Work Release Center. Can I help you with something?

Shirley
Old 03-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Sharethebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydrops3 View Post
i do i have a loved one in chester county prison can't seem to get out to him though because can't find transportation.i am coming from philly
It's really in the boonies too!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Sharethebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa220 View Post
My love is in CCP. He's been there for quite some time now. I dont have much info to offer about it. I havent been there because I dont drive. I have no idea what his sentence is going to be ... he's been charged with corruption of a minor and indecent assault. He is also wanted for a probation violation in another state. Does anyone know how much time he's going to get? Will he do his time here or there? This is all so confusing and when you call you dont get answers!
I've found that Chester County normally has the inmate meet with a counselor in the first week. While they are with the counselor - the counselor will let them make a call home. That's how I got my information. However, if you call them, they will tell you once the inmate is processed and has a #. It can take a week or more to get to that point.