Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Wisconsin prisons.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Drug Abuse Correctional Center

Ms. Sheryl L. Graeber, Superintendent
1305 North Dr.
PO Box 36
Winnebago, WI 54985-0036
Phone: (920) 236-2700
FAX (920) 426-5601

INTRODUCTION
The Drug Abuse Correctional Center (DACC) is located north of Oshkosh in Winnebago, Wisconsin. Current population capacity is 280 male inmates with 196 beds designated for treatment. In order to facilitate daily work, 18 inmates who are not in program provide work support as permanent party.
DACC strives to teach offenders to be responsible citizens by learning to make responsible choices. The ability to make those kind of choices are interfered with by the abuse of alcohol and drugs. Learning to live a responsible life requires at times the learning and relearning of cognitive and behavioral processes. DACC provides a place to practice those skills in a safe non-disruptive environment.

PROGRAMS
Earned Release Program - The Earned Release Program began implementation in March, 2004. The program is 6 months in length, abstinence based, and includes structured activity weekly including a minimum of 35 hours of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) related treatment weekly provided in a group setting with ten to twelve offenders and one social worker. Treatment approaches/modalities are Cognitive-Behaviorial Approach. Components include communication and social skills training, rational behavior training, AODA education, AODA dependency, AODA relapse prevention, corrective thinking, grief and anger management, stress and relaxation coping techniques, domestic violence education, victim impact, and employment readiness.
A major emphasis of the program is community reintegration with the community corrections agent involved from the first month of the program continuing with increasing involvement in release planning including aftercare, residence, support services, and employment. Each participant prepares a release plan that is reviewed by staff. Upon completion of the program, the sentencing court is notified and modifies the sentence to release on extended supervision. Support groups are available both on and off site.
Operating While Impaired Earned Release Program - This is a new 6 month, treatment program, begun in October 2000, for offenders convicted of operating a vehicle while impaired, 5th offense, under Wisconsin statutes 346.63 (1) (a), with the 5th conviction after January 1, 1999. The OWI program is a research program, with on-going data collection, funded partially by a Byrne Law Enforcement Grant. Its mission is to enhance safety in the community by providing a continuum of abstinence based substance abuse treatment services specific to the need of the repeat OWI offender. The intensive treatment program includes a minimum of 35 hours of AODA related treatment weekly provided in a group setting with ten to twelve offenders and one social worker. Program components include AODA education, relapse prevention, dependency and addiction, modification of high risk and thrill-seeking behavior, rational behavior training, responsible decision making, and restorative justice components. Support groups are available both on and off site.

He'll be home by June of 08' the latest!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarafina For This Useful Post:
kocha79 (02-25-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2008, 04:44 PM

Are the imates allowed visitors. I spoke to Dodge today and they stated when my loved one gets there he's not allowed any visitors.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:09 PM

Are you talking about DACC or Dodge? DACC yes.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:59 PM

Talking at DACC and what can or cant bring with you at visits
Old 02-25-2013, 09:02 AM
Donation Award 

My man will be able to apply for transfer into the ERP in about a year and he would like to do it here. He is quite certain that he has a really good chance at getting into it - but I have heard that even if the sentencing judge originally says that he is eligible, that there are still a lot of denials.

I know very little about how this transfer is going to go and I was just wondering if anyone knows any statistics about this program - ie. how many are turned down, how long it takes to get it, etc.

Any info is helpful! Thanks!
Old 07-18-2015, 12:55 AM
Donation Award 

Alright - I figured I'd try to liven up Wisconsin and post what I know about the few facilities my man has been to.

Finally we are in the final stretch of our journey and D has made it to ERP at DACC!!

DACC is located just off the Jackson Street exit in Oshkosh, although technically it is in Winnebago. It's on the same street as the Mental Health Institute.

There are no fences. None. It's so weird. You pull into the driveway and there are inmates walking the track 30 feet from the road.

Inmate mail goes to:
PO Box 190
Winnebago, WI 54985

Visitation is totally different from any other facility I've been to. The best part? No metal detector. That means bobby pins and bras with wire!! Yay!! When I walked in - the C/O on duty simply asked if I had any phones, tobacco or watches (those are the main things that are not allowed). You can even bring in car keys, but there are a couple lockers if you wish to put things in there instead of leaving them in your car. I've just been locking my purse in the trunk and bringing my car keys in with me. All the visitation C/Os I've met have been extraordinarily friendly. There is one guy, when he comes to tell you that you've only got 5-10 minutes left, he looks really sorry to tell you! I've also had a woman officer come to tell me that D was going to take a littler longer because he was outside & needed to shower (I surprised him with this visit) - she just didn't want me wondering what was taking so long (she also sarcastically scolded D for making me wait 25 minutes, hah). You can bring in paper money as well - not just quarters. There's a change machine but it is usually not necessary as the vending machines accept paper money. Every time I have been there, there has been at least one vending machine that isn't working, however.

Visitation is Wednesday 3-9ish, and Saturday & Sunday 8:15 - 3ish.

You walk in (the inside main door is guard operated, so you have to wait for the light to turn green), and straight ahead there is a table with a short form to fill out. Then the visitation room is directly to your right. Once inside, you hand that form and your id to the guard and I'm not sure if they just let you pick a table or are just laid back about assigning them, but they've always asked me where I wanted to sit. So that's nice.

From what D tells me, the ERP program itself is not too difficult (granted, he's only 3 weeks in). But instead of 6 months long, it has been reduced to 20 weeks. The main focus of the program is how people think. They focus on the thought patterns that cause criminal activity and how to avoid them. There's a lot of reading and writing reflections on what they have read. The guys are in groups of about 10 with a social worker. There are group exercises to promote group unity - like he goes on "group walks" around the track (I think) every day. I know sometime this last week they had talked about traits about themselves that they need to improve on. This program sounds like it could be what a lot of guys (D included) need.
Hold on say yes, while people say no

Last edited by kocha79; 07-18-2015 at 01:26 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to kocha79 For This Useful Post:
Vegasgal (04-06-2016)
Old 04-06-2016, 11:10 AM

Default Physical Contact

How much physical contact is allowed during visits at Winnebago Corr. Center?
Old 04-21-2016, 03:12 PM

Default Any Truth To Having The ERP & Challenger Programs Into One

I've read that the ERP is now four months in length. I've also read they've combined the ERP with the Challenger(bootcamp)program. Although the Programs are also two stand alone Programs. Any truth to any of this? My best friend qualifies for both(either/or program. Also how hong was your LO in/at DCI before they transferred him to DACC? Any information would be appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kocha79 View Post
Alright - I figured I'd try to liven up Wisconsin and post what I know about the few facilities my man has been to.

Finally we are in the final stretch of our journey and D has made it to ERP at DACC!!

DACC is located just off the Jackson Street exit in Oshkosh, although technically it is in Winnebago. It's on the same street as the Mental Health Institute.

There are no fences. None. It's so weird. You pull into the driveway and there are inmates walking the track 30 feet from the road.

Inmate mail goes to:
PO Box 190
Winnebago, WI 54985

Visitation is totally different from any other facility I've been to. The best part? No metal detector. That means bobby pins and bras with wire!! Yay!! When I walked in - the C/O on duty simply asked if I had any phones, tobacco or watches (those are the main things that are not allowed). You can even bring in car keys, but there are a couple lockers if you wish to put things in there instead of leaving them in your car. I've just been locking my purse in the trunk and bringing my car keys in with me. All the visitation C/Os I've met have been extraordinarily friendly. There is one guy, when he comes to tell you that you've only got 5-10 minutes left, he looks really sorry to tell you! I've also had a woman officer come to tell me that D was going to take a littler longer because he was outside & needed to shower (I surprised him with this visit) - she just didn't want me wondering what was taking so long (she also sarcastically scolded D for making me wait 25 minutes, hah). You can bring in paper money as well - not just quarters. There's a change machine but it is usually not necessary as the vending machines accept paper money. Every time I have been there, there has been at least one vending machine that isn't working, however.

Visitation is Wednesday 3-9ish, and Saturday & Sunday 8:15 - 3ish.

You walk in (the inside main door is guard operated, so you have to wait for the light to turn green), and straight ahead there is a table with a short form to fill out. Then the visitation room is directly to your right. Once inside, you hand that form and your id to the guard and I'm not sure if they just let you pick a table or are just laid back about assigning them, but they've always asked me where I wanted to sit. So that's nice.

From what D tells me, the ERP program itself is not too difficult (granted, he's only 3 weeks in). But instead of 6 months long, it has been reduced to 20 weeks. The main focus of the program is how people think. They focus on the thought patterns that cause criminal activity and how to avoid them. There's a lot of reading and writing reflections on what they have read. The guys are in groups of about 10 with a social worker. There are group exercises to promote group unity - like he goes on "group walks" around the track (I think) every day. I know sometime this last week they had talked about traits about themselves that they need to improve on. This program sounds like it could be what a lot of guys (D included) need.
Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM

Default Waiting Lists

Does anybody know if there are waiting lists for either the ERP &/or CIP Programs or both?! If yes, how long?! A rapid response would be appreciated. Thanks