Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Wisconsin.

Old 10-31-2017, 12:58 AM

Exclamation What is the order of an inmates classification in jail; Min, Med vs Max?

Can someone please explain to me the the different classifications in jail? And the differences between each one? i.e. (Minimum 1/2/3, Medium 1/2/3, and Maximum 1/2/3, etc).
My friend was just moved into a Medium 3 unit this time (when last time he was in jail, he was in a Med. 2 unit). And I'm just curious if there's a list someone can help me out with, and with what each one (level) means, to help me understand the severities.
He was out on paper, and turned himself in bc he knew he needed more help bc of his addiction to weed. (unable to live any type of a normal life without it. He can't hold a job down, or stay focused, or anything bc he's Always thinking about it). I know to many, it's just a lifestyle, but it just can't be part of his lifestyle if he wants to live, and he knows that and is finally doing something about it. (It's too long of a story). But he understood that he really needed help to stop using, which is why he called his PO, and turned himself back in.
I have no clue how long he's going to be in this time.
TIA
Sponsored Links