Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Raising Children with Parents in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Raising Children with Parents in Prison For the Parent left behind with children AND for the Children that have a parent inside. Discussion of unique challenges facing this group!

Old 09-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Account Closed

Default My "baby" got his first job

My son who (by the way my only child) is 14 1/2 just got his first job today. I mean a put in an application and got interviewed job. We live in Babson Park florida and he went in to the Winn Dixie store in lake wales and put in an application. I took him back the next day (I let him go in on his own) and he turned it in and was told to come back after francis hit. Well he wanted to go back monday and I took him up there and the store manager laughed and told him, son come back in about 4 days after all the rush of francis is over. Well he went back today after school and the store manager interviewed him and handed him a drug screen chain of custody form. He told him that I would have to come up to the store and give him my permission and then take him for the test. When they get the results back he will start work. My son is literally walking on cloud nine. He went and sought out this job and pursued it so grown up. In florida he can only work on saturdays and sundays. While in school he can work 7 hours on saturday and 3 hours on sunday. The store manager told Tim that because he was persitent in coming back like he did, he wanted to be the first one to hire him for his first job, that he has a lot of potential. I am so proud of my son right now I am bursting He is such a great kid. Love Jeanne
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Just doing time..

Here is a high five to your baby boy...Congrats on his first job...What a little man...I think you did good on raising him??Don't you??? Congrats and big hugg to a fine young man...Minnie PS Keep up the good work....
Old 09-11-2004, 09:24 AM

Peace...That is good news! Tell your son that this woman in Philly sends a hearty congratulations. Tell him also to do well in school. I have two teens, both of whom like things that cost money and both need a job!!!!Blessings to you, son and loved one....
Old 09-11-2004, 09:34 AM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

Great stuff!! I'm proud of him too, even thought i dont know him. I like when teenageers or any kids for another matter, take responsibility. My son is 10, and for about 2 years he's been asking me at what age can he get a paper-round!! Over here you can get a paper-round at 12 but cant start a job in a store or anything until you are 15 3/4... Sataurday jobs!
Tell him... FANTASTIC NEWS!! Keep up the good work. It goes to show what a good mother you are.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Account Closed

Thank you ladies, you are truly blessed. I will tell what you three said. And thank you about being a good mother. That means alot to me right now especially. Love ya'll Jeanne