Warden: Ernie Moore
Deputy of Operations: Timothy Brunsman
The Lebanon Correctional Institution seeks to provide offenders of felony convictions within the State of Ohio a safe, efficient, humane and appropriately secure correctional institution, while maintaining dedication to the protection of citizens of the State of Ohio and the local community. Mindful of Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction's initiatives of re-entry, community service and victim reparation, we seek to instill in offenders an improved sense of responsibility and the capacity to become law-abiding members of society.
Security Level: 3
Total Acreage: 1900
Date Opened: 1960
Population as of 7/04: 1952
· Adult Basic Education
· College Program
· Literacy Program
· Metal Fabrication for institutional furnishings
· License plate manufacturing
· License plate validation sticker
· Data Entry
· Printing shop
· Flash cards for Crayons to Computers
· Silk screen projects for various organizations
· Reading books on tape for schools
· Food production/management services
· Graphic arts
· Office system technology
· Administrative secretarial service
· Lebanon Correctional Institution offers a comprehensive Sex Offender Program. The program lasts approximately 18 months and includes all departmental required components. Prior to successful completion, participants must meet certain minimal standards the final of which, is completion of a written relapse prevention plan that has been approved by program staff. Additional requirements include the development of an autobiography, finalization of all homework assignments, and a minimum of seventy five percent attendance. A working understanding of program concepts, including but not limited to, offender typology, offense continuum, abuse cycle, thinking errors and risk factors is also required.
· Chaplains' Literacy Program is unique in that it is conducted with the aid of community volunteers including a retired judge. The tutors utilize the Laubach method of "one-on-one" teaching. Participation in this program is strictly voluntary.
·Seven days a week; 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
·No holiday visitation.
Visiting hours are subject to change without notice. Please call the institution to verify visiting hours before planning a visit.