Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region III Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Florida - Region III Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Charlotte CI, Dade CI, Desoto Annex, Everglades CI, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Homestead CI, Lake CI, Martin CI, Moore Haven CF, Okeechobee CI, Polk CI, South Bay CF, SFRC, SFRC-S, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 05-17-2011, 05:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminati
dang his custody was set that quick? he should be headed to perm once that phone thing is set.

is he doing well? well I'd expect him to tell u if that place sucks once he gets to his perm prison if he hasn't already.

some of my friends didnt tell me how bad orlando was til they got to their perm. prison, but they all had different experiences so it isn't the same.

did ur man get medium custody for the firearm or is he on minimum like u expected?
He has good and bad days. They bunked him with a murderer he's having to use money to stay safe. There's no a/c. He went on medium but didn't say why. I just assumed the gun charge. Hell, maybe DOC considers that violent which is why he mentioned conditional release, even though he wasn't sentenced that way. He said he be permanent there. I just wish they'd decide so I can go see him

Sent from my DROID2 using PrisonTalk
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2011, 08:42 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,480 Times in 3,666 Posts

He will be housed with offenders with all kinds of charges. That doesn't mean anything. Not all of those people are out to get others. You don't need to focus on that and neither does he. If someone is pressuring him for money, they are only doing it because he is allowing it. He needs to stand up for himself. I'm not trying to be harsh, only truthful.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

Last edited by ben's girl; 05-17-2011 at 08:43 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ben's girl For This Useful Post:
amickeyfan (05-31-2011), Illuminati (05-18-2011), Shaneswife68 (05-31-2011)
Old 05-31-2011, 01:28 PM
ARG - I love YOU more! :)

I'm going to reply, just as a benefit to anyone in the future…also not meant to be harsh in anyway.

Our loves are going to be housed with all kinds, and we're in love with all kinds. Hell, the wife/girlfriend/mother of the person who is being housed with ARG may be saying 'ohmigosh my ____ is being housed with a drug dealer!':scoffs: It's all circumstance, and I know we all know thar. Right now ARG is at CFRC-MAIN with a Latin King. I held my breath when he told me, but he's a 'tough guy', and I know he's smart enough to stay out of trouble. If I was that worried he'd do something (more) stupid, I couldn't be with him.

Bella, I don't know if the Medium changed - but ARG's custody came out today…non-violent, no weapon and he got medium as well. From what I got from the DOC website that's normal and should come down (I'm sure you've discovered this by now)

I know we're both over the reception/transfer hump…but hopefully this helps someone else!

*It's an infinate world, and I want you*
Old 05-31-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarGrits View Post
I'm going to reply, just as a benefit to anyone in the future&hellip;also not meant to be harsh in anyway.

Our loves are going to be housed with all kinds, and we're in love with all kinds. Hell, the wife/girlfriend/mother of the person who is being housed with ARG may be saying 'ohmigosh my ____ is being housed with a drug dealer!':scoffs: It's all circumstance, and I know we all know thar. Right now ARG is at CFRC-MAIN with a Latin King. I held my breath when he told me, but he's a 'tough guy', and I know he's smart enough to stay out of trouble. If I was that worried he'd do something (more) stupid, I couldn't be with him.

Bella, I don't know if the Medium changed - but ARG's custody came out today&hellip;non-violent, no weapon and he got medium as well. From what I got from the DOC website that's normal and should come down (I'm sure you've discovered this by now)

I know we're both over the reception/transfer hump&hellip;but hopefully this helps someone else!
I had to laugh at this.. my son went in on trafficking charges and he went in at a minimum custody level.. I can just imagine those who wrote home and said.. Ma.. or honey... I am in with a drug "trafficker"... those terms mean didly squat.. in there you are not what you were on the streets.. beside, my son wasn't the "trafficker" but caught in the middle of a sting, he made the phone calls for the dealers.. he wasn't no big wig.. he was a strung out junkie weighing all of 135 lbs at nearly 5'10.. you could have blown him over with one breath.. but his "charges" were trafficking.. and he was at "minimum".. so your label really is not "you" at all..

your custody is what they feel you should be at upon entry and it will change with time. I have seen one go in at minimum then change to closed within a couple of months..(one of the dealers that was in the sting with my son) so things change for the better and the worst sometimes... that part will depend on the inmate themselves.. it is up to them on how they behave in which direction their level will change......

Last edited by amickeyfan; 05-31-2011 at 07:22 PM..
Old 06-01-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amickeyfan
I had to laugh at this.. my son went in on trafficking charges and he went in at a minimum custody level.. I can just imagine those who wrote home and said.. Ma.. or honey... I am in with a drug "trafficker"... those terms mean didly squat.. in there you are not what you were on the streets.. beside, my son wasn't the "trafficker" but caught in the middle of a sting, he made the phone calls for the dealers.. he wasn't no big wig.. he was a strung out junkie weighing all of 135 lbs at nearly 5'10.. you could have blown him over with one breath.. but his "charges" were trafficking.. and he was at "minimum".. so your label really is not "you" at all..

your custody is what they feel you should be at upon entry and it will change with time. I have seen one go in at minimum then change to closed within a couple of months..(one of the dealers that was in the sting with my son) so things change for the better and the worst sometimes... that part will depend on the inmate themselves.. it is up to them on how they behave in which direction their level will change......
Yup. 145 lbs and 5'11"&hellip;biggest sale was the one to the CI (of course). Trafficking is such a grossly extreme word&hellip;

He's even had people ask him in reception why he's in there because he 'doesn't look or act like he should be'. Apparently keeping to yourself, saying please & thank you and starring at letters and pictures of your fiance is out of the norm&hellip;

And I love him to death because I asked him why his custody level was at medium and he asked me what a custody level was&hellip;I sometimes wonder what would happen to him if he didn't have me. and All that time served that he wasn't given - yeah it took me mentioning it in a letter for him to notice. Love him.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Yup. 145 lbs and 5'11"&hellip;biggest sale was the one to the CI (of course). Trafficking is such a grossly extreme word&hellip;

He's even had people ask him in reception why he's in there because he 'doesn't look or act like he should be'. Apparently keeping to yourself, saying please & thank you and starring at letters and pictures of your fiance is out of the norm&hellip;

And I love him to death because I asked him why his custody level was at medium and he asked me what a custody level was&hellip;I sometimes wonder what would happen to him if he didn't have me. and All that time served that he wasn't given - yeah it took me mentioning it in a letter for him to notice. Love him.
tell him "please & thank you" will go a long long way with the guards in prison.. along with "yes sir/mam or no sir/mam" ... manners goes a long way.. That was one of the reasons my son never got into trouble while in prison.. he has manners and uses them.. once he said "hmm" instead of "excuse me' or "what".. he learned real fast to never say that again.. the female guard sent him back to the dorm without letting him get dinner.. and that is against the rules... but she did it anyway.. and off he went without saying a word to her.. Now he is in the WRC and his mouth is getting rude if you ask me.. he more or less lashed out at a tech and was written up.. that's another post on here... but while in prison.. manners will get you far.. they look for that..
Old 06-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

This is one of the things that puts my mind somewhat at ease through this whole thing. My bf is polite, knows when to be professional and respects authority. He may talk a lot to me, but when it comes down to it, he will do as he's told and won't run his mouth. He told me how he behaved through reception, and others didn't. It made a HUGE difference.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~His Bella~*~
This is one of the things that puts my mind somewhat at ease through this whole thing. My bf is polite, knows when to be professional and respects authority. He may talk a lot to me, but when it comes down to it, he will do as he's told and won't run his mouth. He told me how he behaved through reception, and others didn't. It made a HUGE difference.
Exactly. Manners get you everywhere in life, and in there CO's are so shocked to see it. As my NAVY offiver father reminds me, ARG is military so he knows how to take orders. He told me it's to be easy to stay out of trouble. He wasn't a habitual offender, neither was your guy bella or mickey's son. It helps them out huge time I think. They respect authority (for the most part&hellip They're one step ahead.

ARG has gained SO much muscle in there, that he has up'd two uniform sizes on top. So he works out and at Hillsborough he was doing 'dips' at the sinks in the bathroom when he knew he shouldn't but he works with what he has :tisk: Anyway, when he and the 2 he was with got caught and were asked what they were doing he was the only one to admit it. He got put in the holding cell, but for a fraction of the time because the guard told him he was honest. It's funny how that's respected even in jail.

ARG now tells me that he will not so much as Jay walk when he gets out, he's over this whole prison thing. :happy:happy:

Old 06-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Love Conquers All

Bella where did your man get transferred to after reception? My husband is there now and his custody level just got changed today when I looked it up this morning so I'm not sure how long he'll be there but this thread is helping me although it's gone kind of off the subject of what you've asked. How did you get through this time when you didn't hear from him? I haven't heard from my husband in two weeks...Also Spin721's post helped as well. I am just searching for answers, comfort, whatever to get me thru this awful no communication period. It's tearing me down bad!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottynJenny09 View Post
Bella where did your man get transferred to after reception? My husband is there now and his custody level just got changed today when I looked it up this morning so I'm not sure how long he'll be there but this thread is helping me although it's gone kind of off the subject of what you've asked. How did you get through this time when you didn't hear from him? I haven't heard from my husband in two weeks...Also Spin721's post helped as well. I am just searching for answers, comfort, whatever to get me thru this awful no communication period. It's tearing me down bad!!!
My bf was at Main for 2 weeks exactly then transferred to Gulf CI. He was able to make his first call the 2nd Tuesday he was there (he went in on a Wednesday). In all honesty, I started going nuts towards the end of that no call period. I was so worried!! Just write as much as possible, so HE at least gets something, you know? I think I got my first letter a week and 1 day after he went in.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:00 PM
~~~~In God I Trust~~~~

Default My husband just got placed in CFRC-Main. I live in Cali. HELP!!!!

Hello sorry to cut into your thread. But I'm looking for similar information, except that I live in California. Does anyone know if my land line will get accepted, and how long it will take? I miss hearing his voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirid View Post
I was wondering if anybody knows anything about CFRC-Main? I don't know how long my guy is supposed to be there? He still hasn't even gotten a classification level?? How long does this normally take? This is all very confusing? Anybody who knows anything about the process....PLEASE help me out with some info! Thanks all!!
Old 06-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Donation Award 

As long as you have a landline, not a cellphone, and the number is not unlisted you shouldn't have any problems. Sometimes they require a copy of the phone bill, but not always. How long has he been in reception? If he's been there awhile, you can call and speak to classification to see if his phone list has been approved.

Welcome to PTO

Old 06-20-2011, 05:33 PM

Default So confused

My loved one was sent to CFRC one week ago today, June 13th 2011. I have yet to receive a phone call. He was in the county jail for 2 years and 7 months before finally getting sentenced. I grew accustom to the daily phone calls and weekly visits, but to go from that to nothing is driving me crazy. He was sentenced to 15 years so I know he will be sent to a different camp. I was just wondering how long before he is able to make phone calls and how long before he is sent to his main camp. The group that went it with him was only a group of 21 people and he said in the one letter I have received thus far, that he will have everything done (educational testing, psychological testing, classification officer interview, physical etc.) by today, Monday the 20th. I have read and heard so many different stories, I just want to be able to see him and talk to him, this letter stuff is not cutting it. PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:14 AM
Registered Member

Mine went to CFRC on May 4th. It took almost a week for him to get his phone list turned in, but I got a call about 10 days later. He went in on a Wednesday and he called on his 2nd Tuesday there. He was transferred to Gulf the next day May 18th, so he was there for exactly 2 weeks.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:59 PM

I am interested in any information I can get on CFRC-main also. My son is there now and I am very worried about him. I am used to talking to him every other day and now have no contact. I know he will be transferred eventually but don't know much else. He is only 18. Even though he was man enough to commit crimes he is still just a child mixed up in drugs and not thinking or maybe he did know and I am just a mom wanting to believe the best. Either way as a parent I am worried.
I also want to know if anyone has tried any of the phones services advertised such as Evercom or IC solutions? Do they work or will I be wasting my money?
Old 06-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO! DOC only uses Securus (formerly Evercom/CBS) for their phone provider. You may or may not need to setup an acct with them to receive calls. http://www.securustech.net/ is their website. You can find their number on the site so you can call to find out about setting up an acct.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyD View Post
I am interested in any information I can get on CFRC-main also. My son is there now and I am very worried about him. I am used to talking to him every other day and now have no contact. I know he will be transferred eventually but don't know much else. He is only 18. Even though he was man enough to commit crimes he is still just a child mixed up in drugs and not thinking or maybe he did know and I am just a mom wanting to believe the best. Either way as a parent I am worried.
I also want to know if anyone has tried any of the phones services advertised such as Evercom or IC solutions? Do they work or will I be wasting my money?
HI.. and welcome.. yes, your son is still a child! He is your child and will always be, no matter how old he is! You have that right about your son, he was just mixed up with drugs..Drugs destroy your mind,your life and your family.. how I know that very well. One thing that will help you get thru this, look at it as this may be saving your son's life. I look at it that way! My son was a big time junkie. I look at his time in prison as saving his life. Had this not happen to him, he would have ended up dead on the streets some where from an over-dose. Do I want him in prison, nope.. but I would rather him there, than dead. I still worry about him, I still worry about what is going to happen when he comes home too!

Ben's girl has already told you what phone service you will be needing to use. Your son will have to turn in his phone list, when did he get there? It takes a few days for the process to take place. Once his phone list is approved, he will be able to call you. He may be (more than likely) transferred to another prison, even in a different region. If you live in this region, I would think they will ship him to another region. DOC seems to do that most of the time. You are going to have to fill out your visitation form, but you cannot send it in until you know where he is going, just so that it doesn't get lost anywhere. It is best to have it go where he is going to. Once it's approved, you can start to visit him. I want to say that you can download the application from this site so you can have it ready to go when he is transferred to his perm prison. He will also end up "wanting" money too.. there is an Inmate Trust Fund Account where you can make a deposit into for him. You can mail it, or JP it. JP is an online via credit card and they charge you a fee, too high for me I mail mine in. I want to say there is a link on here somewhere for the phone number to get some deposit slips sent to you, that way you can mail him some money. It will have to be a money order and it takes a few weeks to process. I know there is lots more to tell you, but cannot think of them now.. if you can think of any specific questions.. just ask.. and remember.. ... we are all here for the same reason.. we have a loved one inside.. HE is your child... regardless of his age.. he is your baby.. he needs your moral support right now.. as much as you need to hear his voice..
Old 06-29-2011, 07:38 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
I'm going to reply, just as a benefit to anyone in the future&hellip;also not meant to be harsh in anyway.

Bella, I don't know if the Medium changed - but ARG's custody came out today&hellip;non-violent, no weapon and he got medium as well. From what I got from the DOC website that's normal and should come down (I'm sure you've discovered this by now)

I know we're both over the reception/transfer hump&hellip;but hopefully this helps someone else!
I hope things go well for you. I am new to this and am wondering how you find out their level? thanks.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsmom21

I hope things go well for you. I am new to this and am wondering how you find out their level? thanks.
It's listed on DOC's site when you search for your inmate. I try to check every so often to see if his has changed.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:20 AM

Default Can u visit lived ones at the CFRC IN FLORIDA?

Hello my name is denice from vero beach florida. My husband just got sent to the reception center in orlando called CFRC MAIN. I was wondering can you cisit them at this prison, and write them? I was just wondering because I know this isnt the permenant place for him, its just a reception center, and also how can I get a visitation application? And when I fill it out how long will it take to get approved? Thank you so much for your time,and help if you can answer any of my questions:-)
Old 07-04-2011, 03:22 AM

What I met to write in the title is can u visit loved ones at the CFRC MAIN PRISON?
Old 07-04-2011, 08:37 AM

You can download the forms on this forum, it's sticky. I'm not sure if you can visit yet. You might have to wait until he's settled somewhere and that is where you send your viso forms. It shouldn't take too long to be approved unless you've had a *fun* history. Good luck.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:41 AM

You can write him, I can send you the address if you need It but it's on the FL DOC website.

As for visitation, you can't unless it becomes his perm. There is the visitation form on the sticky thread. You can have that filled out and ready to go when he gets to his perm. Place. Then you'll just need to wait for it to be approved.

As for when he'll be moved, my fiance was fairly quick, like 10 days but it can and will take longer based on bedspace and other (unknown) factors. Sign up for the vine link on his DOC page so you'll know when he's being moved. It's not 100% real time but you'll know when he's being moved. Hope this helps...I just went through it a little over a month ago!

Old 07-04-2011, 05:42 PM

Question New here have a question about visit

Hello, I'm new here. My husband is getting ready to be transferred to Orlando (I think) for reception. Can I fill out the visitation form and fax it to them to visit him? If so what would the fax # be? Can I visit him at reception? Is the visitation form good for the whole state or just the one prison he is at? Thanks for the help. Betty
Old 07-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Dawn loves Michael always

You cannot visit at reception. Go ahead and fill out the form and get it ready to send in when he's sent to his permanent camp. They won't take it at reception. Yes, once you are approved at his permanent camp it will follow him around like his phone list.