Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region III Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Florida - Region III Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Charlotte CI, Dade CI, Desoto Annex, Everglades CI, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Homestead CI, Lake CI, Martin CI, Moore Haven CF, Okeechobee CI, Polk CI, South Bay CF, SFRC, SFRC-S, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 08-24-2004, 07:33 PM
Is is February 2005 yet?

Question Central Florida Reception Center - Main Unit

I was wondering if anybody knows anything about CFRC-Main? I don't know how long my guy is supposed to be there? He still hasn't even gotten a classification level?? How long does this normally take? This is all very confusing? Anybody who knows anything about the process....PLEASE help me out with some info! Thanks all!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2004, 10:34 PM

Hiya Mirid! My husband was at CFRC Main for two months and then got moved to his permenant camp. I know some who have stayed there for 2 years, but in those cases they are told that CFRC will be their permenant camp. He should get his classification level almost immediately after he goes there, because if he does get moved to his permenant camp, they need to know which ones he is qualified for. I know this must be tough on you, we're here for you to help you out along the way.

Let's finish them this time boys!!
WooHoo!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetpea For This Useful Post:
kathijo1230 (10-17-2012), melissah1204 (11-18-2012)
Old 06-17-2006, 05:03 PM

Unhappy Transferred to Central Florida Reception Center Main Unit

Yatahe - Hi everyone just looking for any information about CFRC-Main Unit. My beautiful husband Red Hawk has just been transferred there. I havent heard from him this past week - I knew there was a lot of unrest in his last place. He wanted moved. I only found out where he was moved to by searching the facility records..... I would be grateful if any one can tell me anything. I need to hear from my husband and I need to write to him. And can you tell me do you know if he will get all the mail that I sent to him this week to his old Correctional Institution?.... Isnt it a hundred times worse when you dont know whats going on.... IM GOING CRAZY HERE
Pilamayaye - thank you dear friends
Spirit Dreamer
The Following User Says Thank You to spiritdreamer For This Useful Post:
krazykat811 (09-06-2011)
Old 06-19-2006, 06:23 AM

Hi hun, yes it is always worse when you don't know what's going on.

He will get his mail wherever he is, it just may take a little longer since they have to forward it to his current facility. Also, he may not be staying at CFRC, anyone who is in Central Florida and is being transfered somewhere gets held at CFRC for a few weeks till it's time for him to be moved again to his permanent facility. He should be able to call you from there but that generally takes a few days also.

Just hang in there, it will be ok.

Becky

HE'S HOME!!!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:30 PM
Oh loveeee!

Yes she is right. My man just left CFRC and is now at Marion Correctional. Hang in there!

"I know it seems hard sometimes, but remember one thing, through every dark night, there's a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it gets, keep your chest out, keep your head up and handle it."

- Tupac Shakur

LOVE YOURSELF, FIRST.

The Following User Says Thank You to Soinlovew/him For This Useful Post:
krazykat811 (09-13-2011)
Old 06-26-2006, 07:45 PM

Can you visit at CFRC? I have been told yes, and I have been told no. Does anyone know for sure?

Annie
Old 08-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Closed

When I called the facility up to find out about visitation, they said: "inmate that are held there just for a while until they get transferred to their 'home prison' can not get any visits. Inmates who spend all there time at CFRC can get visits." So I guess you can't visit him there because he'll get transferred again, right?
Old 09-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Johns Wife Forever

CFRC is just where they are evaluated, most people dont end up staying there unless they have a serious medical problem that cant be treated at another facility.
hopefully it wont take them long to transfer him so you can see him.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:18 PM

My son Joshua just got sent to CFRCMain and I dont know anything. I saw his picture last night and he looks terrible. The pain in his eyes and face is unbearable. Thanks for this thread...still confused.
Stefanie
Old 10-19-2006, 12:55 PM

I got a letter yesterday from my son. It was wonderful to hear from him. He sounded ok. He can not make any calls for 3 weeks or so. No visits because he will be transferred. The nightmares I had were so bad it was great to hear him in the letter. Praise God
The Following User Says Thank You to Herbawitz For This Useful Post:
kathijo1230 (10-17-2012)
Old 10-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Donation Award 

Thanks Steph at least I can ease my mind as far as the phone calls ... sheesh 3 weeks and what are they supposed to be there like 4 weeks?
Old 10-22-2006, 09:23 AM
Johns Wife Forever

yeah the average stay in reception is about a month
Old 10-22-2006, 10:42 AM

The visitation list can not be transferred from one facility to another though right? So, every time he gets transferred I have to fill out a new form and then wait to be approved? Ugh.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Steve's Girl Forever

My boyfriend just got sentenced to 5 years. He is now at CFRC-Main. He arrived there on Oct. 20, 2006. I have sent him letters everyday and haven't heard anything from him. Can they send and recieve mail and can they use the phone? How long after they leave CFRC before you can visit them? When he was in county I talked to him everyday so not knowing what's going is killing me.Does anyone know anything. Thanks Kathy
Old 10-24-2006, 07:18 PM

stevie63, welcome to PTO!! you will find lots of answers if you read all the posts on here and look for all the threads. My son is at CFRC right now so you will find my posts and threads. I got a lot of information and have only found this website about 2 weeks ago. It does seem that CFRC will be the hardest for us as they are out of touch for a bit. He can receive mail and you may get a letter in a week or so. I wouldn't count on a phone call as that takes weeks. You have to wait for him to go to his permanent facility before you can visit him and that wont be for weeks either. I write my son a lot and check the website www.dc.state.fl.us for any updated news. Let me know if I can help in any way. Hang in there, this seems to be the hardest part after county. PM me if you want. This is a great website full of information and lots and lots of support! Welcome to PTO.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:19 PM

stevie63, welcome to PTO!! you will find lots of answers if you read all the posts on here and look for all the threads. My son is at CFRC right now so you will find my posts and threads. I got a lot of information and have only found this website about 2 weeks ago. It does seem that CFRC will be the hardest for us as they are out of touch for a bit. He can receive mail and you may get a letter in a week or so. I wouldn't count on a phone call as that takes weeks. You have to wait for him to go to his permanent facility before you can visit him and that wont be for weeks either. I write my son a lot and check the website www.dc.state.fl.us for any updated news. Let me know if I can help in any way. Hang in there, this seems to be the hardest part after county. PM me if you want. This is a great website full of information and lots and lots of support! Welcome to PTO.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:37 PM

my husband is currently at CFRC-East. He will be there 60 days on jan 22. He sent me a visitation form and I sent it back and called his classification officer to see if i could come visit and she told me i could visit after 60 days. It took 3 weeks to get a phone call because they have to get there pin number and the phone list approved.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:33 PM
waiting_on_him_2018

My bf spent 6 1/2 years at CFRC-East, so it is possible that he could stay there. My bf went through the Main Unit for processing and then just went across the way to the East Unit. You can always call his clissification officer to find out what's up; I've always found them to be helpful. 7 down, 13 to go.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:52 AM
waiting_on_him_2018

I went to see my bf at Marion CI this weekend I asked him about the time it took to process him through CFRC he said it typically takes 8 weeks. If they are not moved by then, they will stay at CFRC. Hope that helps some one.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Donation Award 

It helped me thanks. My son has been in CFRC for just over 5 weeks now, first he was in the main unit and then got moved across to the East unit as Main got full. He has had most of the tests just needs the psych and physical tests - although last wednesday they told him to pack up all his stuff and go to medical, which he did and then was told to go back and unpack- no explanation nothing I was wondering why he was being kept there so long until I read your post.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:19 AM

My friend just got sent to CFRC-Main last week. Man, that would be great if he could stay there for his entire three years as it's only a 30 minute drive from where myself and his family lives.

We're damaged people
Drawn together
By subtleties that we are not aware of
Disturbed souls
Playing out forever
These games that we once thought we would be scared of...
Old 08-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Hurry Home Baby

Default Calls from CFRC - Main

Okay, I just got a letter from my husband asking for phone numbers and stuff for his list, but he said he can't call until he gets to his perm camp, and when I called CFRC they told me it takes 2-3 weeks for them to call and that they are usually at the Main for about 6-8 weeks!!! What's the deal?

I will be loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:48 AM

What do you mean by "they are usually at the Main for about 6-8 weeks"? Do you mean you were told your DH wouldn't get transferred for 6-8 weeks and that he won't be able to call you until then??

This is how it worked for me...my BF was transferred to the SFRC on 3/28. His first call to me from there was on 4/6. My understanding is that 10 days is the norm, barring any complications, i.e. phone bills needing to be faxed, etc. He was then transferred to hell, errr...his permanent camp on 4/24...and even though it took two days to get there and they stopped at another facility one night, he was able to continue to call me as the phone list, once approved...follows. Does that make sense?

Your DH should be able to call you from CFRC once his phone list is approved and should not have to wait until he goes to his permanent camp. But even if he does, it doesn't necessarily mean it'll take 6-8 weeks. My BF was transferred out within 4 weeks. Keep your chin up...this is the worst of it...it will get better once you're able to at least have regular contact with your DH again.

Last edited by Florida Girl; 08-12-2007 at 09:51 AM..
Old 08-12-2007, 11:20 PM

Hello,
I also wonder if anyone has any experience with someone being in "CFRC" of Orlando. I have heard some good and some bad. Heard that it is not just for youth, but for all ages. Just wondering.
Brenda Hutchins
Old 08-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Hurry Home Baby

Last week I called CFRC asked how long before they would be able to make phone calls, and then asked how long it takes before they are moved. CFRC informed me that it takes 2-3 weeks before they can make phone calls and that they are usually there for 6-8 weeks, sometimes less, sometimes more.

I then received a letter from my husband stating he wouldn't be able to make phone calls until he got to his perm camp. Why is that? Is it because he doesn't want to put in a list not having everyones' name on it and having to wait 6 months to update? If this is the case I'll kick his ass because I should be the only one he is worried about calling and if takes 6 months for him to talk to anybody else tough shit!!! But I do think he wants to have all the numbers where he can reach me in the event that I am not home.

Thanks!

I will be loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together.