Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

FLDOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Florida Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the FLDOC system should be posted here.

Old 08-09-2004, 07:32 PM
~*So Confused*~

Question ~*What Happens After Sentencing?*~

Hello All~
I was just curious on how long it takes after an inmate is sentenced for them to be transfered into processing and then into the Prison? My man got sentenced August 3, 2004 and he is still in County. If anyone could kind of help me out that would be great. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2004, 10:43 PM
HE'S ALMOST HOME!!!!!
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO.
I'm not sure on the rules exactly. But my man was sentenced on Dec. 21, 2002 sat in county till Jan. 13, 2003 when he finally got to RMC. then it was Feb. 28, 2003 when he was moved to his new prison. Once at the reception center they are processed, go through an orientation wether they have been to prison before or not. Set up with a counselor, tested for different things ect. My man had a problem with his co-defendant as well since they can never be placed any where together als a medical hold. Which he finally got them to lift so he could be moved.

I'm not sure they have any rules or anything to go by as to when they get transported to the reception centers from county. I think it just depends on the county jail. I saw some leave fairly quick when I worked there. And then my man was being held as a curtisy hold in another county before and after his trial. We were never sure on why it took so long for our county to go and pick him up and transport him to RMC.

I hope this helps some and maybe someone will come along with a better answer.
Spikeswife

Old 08-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Missing Gilbert...

my husband was sentenced on Dec 17, 2002 and was at the prison before Christmas. So it was fairly quick. But I think it just all depends on the circumstance. Sorry I don't know more....Michelle
Old 08-09-2004, 10:56 PM
~*So Confused*~

Talking Hey all

Hey girls~
Thanks for the response...It did help me. Thanks a bunch

Old 08-11-2004, 02:19 AM
Luvin the Man named Dre

WHEN MY MAN GOT SENTENCED, HE WAS TRANSFERRED 3 DAYS LATER. THEY HAVE TO ARRANGE TRANSPORTATION AND ALL THAT OTHER GOOD STUFF.

Old 08-11-2004, 10:22 AM

If i remember correctly, mine had to wait 3-4 months...but all that time counts as time served, thank goodness!!

Let's finish them this time boys!!
WooHoo!!
Old 08-12-2004, 12:18 AM

another thing that matters is the overcrowding situation. they have to wait until there is room in the DOC. my b/f was sentenced on 7/12/04, was moved to RMC-Main on 7/20/04, then on to RMC-West where he still resides....rosi
Old 08-12-2004, 10:33 AM

Whoopsies...I think I meant to say that he waited 3-4 months for his court date, not to go to DOC...

Let's finish them this time boys!!
WooHoo!!
Old 08-19-2004, 04:32 PM

Wink Squeaky Wheel Theory

We are having the same problem ( Slow System - componded by clerks who enjoy their underpaid job that for many is more a social event than a job ). The first step after sentencing is, the clerks office has to enter everything into the system and then it goes to the judge to review and sign.This has to be done before they send anything to DOC.
So check the clerks web site and see if the information there is up to date. Then email the clerk - the judge - the states att. - the pd - the janitor at the courthouse. Make phone calls to everyone's office. MOST IMPORTANT KEEP THE CALLS POLITE ----- ASK FOR THEIR HELP --- MENTION HOW HARD THEIR JOB IS KEEPING ALL OF THIS TOGETHER --- THANK THEM FOR TAKEING YOUR CALL OR ANSWERING YOUR EMAIL EVEN WHEN THEN JUST BLOW YOU OFF.
AND TOMORRW OR THE NEXT DAY DO IT AGAIN
AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

In about a week the sweet lady at the clerks office has today talked to one of the others in her office and pulled my girls file out of the stack of cases. Now I go to work on the Judge or at least his email, fax, and phone.

The squeaky wheel gets oiled first.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:05 PM

Well my man just got transferred this past Wednesday 08/25 and the only reason I know he's not still at county is because he told me he would drop a "special letter" in the mail right before he was going to be transported to SFRC. He had gotten sentenced in June and he said he had heard it takes 25-27 days after sentencing to get transferred, but that was not the case 'cause it's August now. They go to a reception/classification ctr. then they are sent to the prison. I think it's also a combination of all the things the other members have discussed. The system's politics and red tape! But, I wouldn't worry if I were you because thru God things happen in time and on time. But, I can't blame you though if you are in a bit of a rush... From what I understand the visits can last anywhere between 4-6 hrs.; compared to the county where I've sometimes had to wait a whole hour or more to see my man for 20-30 mins.! UNBELIEVABLE! I can hardly wait for my first visitation! Good luck to you, Sweetie!