Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison Profiles > Georgia State Prisons > Arrendale State Prison - Georgia
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arrendale State Prison - Georgia Topics and discussion specific to Arrendale State Prison in Alto, Georgia.

Old 05-03-2004, 05:38 PM

Arrow Arrendale State Prison, Georgia

ARRENDALE STATE PRISON
(LEE ARRENDALE PRISON)

Habersham County, Georgia

ADDRESS:
POST OFFICE BOX 709
ALTO, GA 30510-0709

TEL.: (706) 776-4700
FAX : (706) 776-4710

ADULT MALE/JUVENILE FELONS
CAPACITY: 1200
CONSTRUCTED: 1926
OPENED: 1951
SECURITY LEVEL: MAXIMUM
RENOVATED: 1999

MISSION:
Provides housing for younger adult/juvenile males primarily between the ages of 13 and 22. Provides diagnostic, MH/MR, academic/vocational, substance abuse programs and other basic program services for this population.

HOUSING:
Diagnostic Dormitory houses 70; Juvenile Dormitory houses 70; Special Management Unit houses 252 (single cells), Fire Trailer houses 12; Single Cells; Double Cells; Eight-Man Rooms.

WORK DETAILS:
City and County contract details, farm operation, general maintenance and water plant operations, food service and mobile construction.

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED, ABE, Literacy, Special Education

Substance Abuse: Job Seeking, Anger Management, Sex Offender, AIDS Awareness

Counseling: Individual Counseling

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services

Vocational/OJT: Small Engine Repair, Auto Mechanics, Paint Shop, Woodworking, Barbering, Electrical Wiring, Warehousing, Water Treatment, Plumbing, Food Service, Fire Department, Educational Aide, Library Aide, Masonry, Computers

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: I-85 North to I-985, which turns into Highway 365 North of Gainesville. Travel approximately 15 miles from Gainesville. After passing the Habersham County road sign, travel approximately one mile and turn right onto Mt. Zion Road. Continue straight at the four-way stop. At the dead end by the fire station, turn left. Arrendale SP is on the left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leeArrendale_sp.jpg (7.3 KB, 281 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2004, 09:51 AM
christ04

Exclamation Lee Arrendale State Prison In Alto, Ga

Hi, My Best Friend Of 12 Years Is In Lee Arrendale And I Just Found Out This Morning His Parole Was Denied. He Has To Do All Of His Sentence. (novemeber 2007). I Just Feel Like Everything I Wanted From God Has Been Snatched Away From Me. I Don't Know What To Do Anymore. My Spirit Is At An All Time Low. If Anyone Could Please Send Me Back Any Info About This Prison, Visitation, Directions From Tallahassee Fl To There., Etc. Anything I Would Appreciate It. Thanks

AT THE SOUND OF THE TRUMPET, IM OUT OF HERE I THEL. 4:7
Old 06-25-2004, 09:13 AM
andy's angel

Does anyone have any information on what I can send to an inmate of this prison? Any information given would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-25-2004, 10:29 AM
christ04

Default Information

Hello, I Don't Know The Policy But I Send Letters, Articles Off The Internet, And Once I Tried To Send A Bible And A Book Chicken Soup For The Prisoner's Soul. I Was Told That I Couldn't Send The Bible But The Company I Bought It From Had To Send It Or He Couldn't Receive It. So I Took It To A Local Christian Book Store And They Sent It. But They Didn't Let Him Get The Book, Just The Bible. Try Calling The Particular Facility. Lee Arrendale's Number Is 1706-776-4700

Old 06-25-2004, 03:29 PM
aka klyn and I hate Ga

when i send books to Rogers state in Ga,He has to have it ok by the warden and send me a slip,I then take to book store give them the slip and they mail him the books,same goes for everything else i send like cd's ect i have to have a slip but i can mail them hope this helps...
Old 06-25-2004, 11:34 PM

Default lee arrendale state prison

i am interested in receiving mail from anyone who has a friend or loved one in lee arrendale state prison. that is where my son is and it would be good to talk to others who had people there

Last edited by momoftc; 06-25-2004 at 11:35 PM.. Reason: mispelled a word
Old 06-27-2004, 08:03 PM
Donation Award 

mY FRIEND WAS THERE - BUT THIS WAS years aGO. i DON'T KNOW IF THE SAME INFO WOULD STILL BE APPLICABLE.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:45 AM
christ04

Momoftc, How Long Has Your Son Been There. Have You Went To Visit Him? I'm Hoping To Go Up There Pretty Soon. My Best Friend Is Incarcerated There.

Old 07-04-2004, 12:57 PM

Default Lee Arrendale State Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoftc
i am interested in receiving mail from anyone who has a friend or loved one in lee arrendale state prison. that is where my son is and it would be good to talk to others who had people there
I have a loved one in Arrendale State Prison. I live in Whitfield County, Dalton Georgia. If you want to contact me my email address is hkg@chartertn.net
Old 07-07-2004, 12:41 PM
christ04

Smile Lee Arrendale Visitation

Hello Could Anyone Give Me Some Info On Visitation To Lee Arrendale State Prison In Alto Ga. Ie What To Wear, Hours, Etc.

Old 07-09-2004, 12:47 PM

Default Christ04

Ah, I actually saved the word document I had on this!

Mind you this info is almost a year old at this point...

If you have specific questions, you can call Donna Wilson.. just call the main number and asked to be transfered to her. You'll most likely get her assistant.. but don't worry, I was always called back the same day when I left her a message. She's quite helpful!

Attire: Wear jeans -- no low cut or halter tops.. If you wear white make SURE it's not see-through. I was told Sandals were a nono... but my friend told me that people wear them to visits all the time. I'd wear sneakers just to be safe!

If your coming from another state you can visit both Saturday and Sunday. You may or may not be asked to show your plane ticket as proof of your travel..

You can bring $25 in quarters... in a plastic ziplock baggie. DO NOT get one of those clear change purses with a zipper.. those are nonos. 1 key, 1 ID, 1 bag of quarters is all you can bring in.

I was going from the west coast to the east so I had scheduled my visit -- you can call and ask on that...

Pictures can be taken at the visit... the inmate has to purchase the picture cards (like gift cards).. I think they were like $5 each... the pics are given to the inmate and then he'll/she'll mail it to you.

I don't know much about the actual visit process-this is just what I was told -- went through the whole damned process and never even made it to my visit! Probably turned out for the better though.. My penpal just stopped writing to me -- he was starting to ask for things -- money, clothes, etc.. and when I didn't pay out he stopped writing.

I also had some info on the care package items that they are allowed to receive .. let me know if you want that list too. That one I had faxed to me from the prison. You can also have your loved one send you the list. The list MUST be sent along with the package.. it's to verify what's inside... blah blah.. he/she must also sign it and have it approved PRIOR to sending it to you for you to send the pkg.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:58 PM
christ04

still hoping, thank you so very much. you are God send. And yes please send me the info on the care package items. Once again thank you so much. I'm planning to go up there the end of the month.

Old 07-09-2004, 02:55 PM

Ok, I'll try to post that one tonite.. that one really is in a box somewhere... it's in one of the letters I received. This is the stuff I got -- but I'll post the complete list later if I can find it....

- Socks - White, NO logo.. not even the hanes logo. Crew or ankle are ok.
- Underware-boxers or briefs - must be white also
- Tshirts-white, tagless (hanes makes these...logo on this one passed thru ok)
- Tanktops-white, tagless
- Pajamas-burgandy in color only (THats's WIERD do you know how hard it is to find mens pajamas in burgandy!!!!!!!) Try the old people section at like Sears.. heh.
- Sweatpants/shirt - Navy Blue or Gray only
- Pens-clear barreled -- limit 12 pens
- Watch - there's a limit on the amount you can spend...I forget what this is.
- Ring - allowed one.. also a limit on the amount-has to be apprvd by prison, marked into property-etc.
- CDs-Must be NEW in shrink wrap---nothing with parental consent stickers--you can peel these off if you just take your time. Same with cassettes.

There are other things you can check off and the place purchases for you...
theres CD Players - Cassette Players, tvs... stuff like that. That is also on the list and you check it off and send along a MO with the form and they give them whatever you buy.

I can't remember if they can receive one every year, or twice a year... I only sent one.

ps. Visits for out of state were for 6-8hrs each day back then.

Good luck!!

Last edited by StillHoping; 07-09-2004 at 02:57 PM..
Old 08-09-2004, 02:04 PM

Default Lee Arrendale State Prison

Does anyone have any loved ones in Arrendale? Any info or stories are welcome. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:07 AM
Account Closed

Hi I Just Found Out My Son Went Arrendald Prison If Anyone Has Any Info. On This Prison Please Let Me Know I'am So Worried About Him. I Thought He Was Going To Jackson Ga But He Did'nt.i Need To Find Out About The Vist. And Anythang You Know Please. Thanks. Sarah
Old 10-17-2004, 08:24 PM
Account Closed

Unhappy my son is in arrendale prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon
Does anyone have any loved ones in Arrendale? Any info or stories are welcome. Thanks.
hi yeas my son just got sent to arrendale prison and i'm so scared for him. they have two differnt address'es at arrendale do anyone know the right one please let me know. thanks
Old 10-18-2004, 09:34 AM
christ04

Angeldove, My Best Friend Is At Arrendale Prison. It Has Been In The Spotlight For Many Months Now. A Guy Was Killed Up There Back In Feb And It Is Considered The 2nd Most Violent In Ga. Don't Mean To Scare You Sweetie, Just Being Honest. There Is Currently A Lawsuit Filed Against The Prison By The Southern Center For Human Rights In Atlanta. What I Have Done Is This: Go To The Ga Forum And There Are Many Articles About Arrendale In There. You Can Also Go Up To Search Links And Type In Arrendale And It Will Pull Up All Post Dealing With Arrendale. Hope This Helps. The Prison Is Outsie Of Atlanta About 45 Minutes.

Old 10-18-2004, 10:50 AM
Account Closed

can anyone tell me how to send my son a bible in prison please let me no
Old 10-20-2004, 12:09 PM
christ04

all you have to do is go to a christian bookstore and have them send it to him because you cant send it, it has to come from a bookstore or they won't let him have it. this is what i had to do. you just pay them the postage. you can either buy the bible from them or from any other source.

Old 09-14-2005, 02:12 PM

My Friend Is Arrendale. She Will Be Getting Out In October Of This Year, So She Only Has A Few Days Left. She Writes Us Some, But Her Mother And I Write A Lot. It Keeps Her Spirits Up. We Also Send Pictures From A Digital Camera Printed Of A Computer On Regular Copy Paper So She Can See What Is Going On. She Really Loves It. Helps To Make Her Fell Closer To Home...

Old 08-26-2007, 08:33 AM

This kinda helped. Well the location and phone numbers. But Arrendale is now an all womens prison, due to all the violence that was going on as a male prison.
Is the violence or has the rehabilitation programs changed?
Old 09-25-2007, 09:32 AM

Lee Arrendale is now a woman's faith-based prison...is this correct? Does anyone have a loved one or friend who is an inmate there?
Old 09-26-2007, 02:44 PM

Helpful info...thanks Strongernow, but this is no longer accurate:
ADULT MALE/JUVENILE FELONS
I don't know anything about Arrendale, but I know it is now a women's prison. Could this info be updated.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Banned

Red face arrendale

it is now and has been for awhile a womens prison housing up 2000 women right now. It has everything that the men had such as farm,volunteer fire dept,etc, but also they are working on a carpet factory and the women will get paid a nonimal fee for it but it is currently not functional due to finances...I have a friend who i have supported for 10 yrs there, so if any questions, feel free to private me or post here and i will check on occasion but private will be quicker...
Old 11-05-2007, 07:06 PM
aka klyn and I hate Ga

grmnancy that was posted in 2004 lol and ther GDC site still says Adult Male/Juvenile Felons so you see how backwards GDC is Can we say Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww