Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Raising Children with Parents in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Raising Children with Parents in Prison For the Parent left behind with children AND for the Children that have a parent inside. Discussion of unique challenges facing this group!

Old 03-21-2018, 08:40 PM

Smile Parental Incarceration: influence of childhood supports on adulthood succes

Hello All,

My name is Anita Machiavello, I am a student at Salem State University and my team and I are conducting a research study for my senior year about the influence of childhood supports on adulthood success with children that experienced parental incarceration. I have been impacted by parental incarceration and wanted to conduct a study with my team to determine how supports during childhood would assist children in economic and academic success when they enter adulthood. For our study we are looking for participants that are 18 years or older and our survey would only ask minimal questions about parental incarceration and any supports from schools or mentors that were present. Below is a link that can be used to access the survey. Participation is voluntary and no one is obligated to complete the survey; it takes an average of ten to fifteen minutes to complete the survey and our contact information is listed if any participants have any questions. Participants will not give any identifying information and the entire study will disclose IP addresses to secure anonymity. Please feel free to email me at email address removed per PTO policy. if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for taking the time to read our email y thread and consider our research study, we will be waiting to hear from you.

Link for our survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VR22NFB

Last edited by patchouli; 03-22-2018 at 07:57 AM.. Reason: added survey link
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2018, 09:49 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,754 Times in 11,561 Posts

Advisory for PTO Members Regarding Requests from Journalists & Members of the Media, and Students/Researchers:

PTO welcomes journalists and/or members of the media to learn and educate themselves about prisons, prisoners, and their loved ones, as well as students and researchers doing research on these subjects.

We will, occasionally, allow the media or students/researchers to request information and personal stories from our members. However, PTO does not endorse any journalist, member of the media, story/report, media outlet, student/researcher, or educational/research institution.

If you decide to communicate with a media representative or a researcher, then you assume all of the risks involved. PTO is in no way liable for the outcome of the story/report/paper. Communication with members of the media and students/researchers is completely voluntarily and PTO holds no responsibility for the consequences of that communication.

PTO does not screen or authenticate any person(s) claiming to be from the media or from an educational/research institution, nor does PTO authenticate their motivations for obtaining the information.

As always, the disclosure of personal information (either yours or someone that is incarcerated) may have some serious repercussions. PTO has no way of predicting how the media or any researcher will present your story or that of your loved one. Any relationship with the media or any researchers is to be entered into at your own risk.

If you receive an unsolicited email or private message from a person claiming to be from the media or researching information for an educational or research institution, report it to the PTO Administration immediately.