Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 10-28-2017, 11:20 PM

Angry Dont use jpay to send inmate money

So I sent my inmate a hundred dollars through JPay it's been a month-and-a-half later I've called them three different times to ask them to refund me they won't then I use Walmart to Walmart and it was there in his account within the very next day and Jay pays excuse is oh well we did send it but the facility is not really saying it to him so I called the facility and ask them if they've ever gotten anything from Jay pay for my inmate and they said no we haven't received anything and so I called JayPay back and I asked them okay so the facility said you had you hadn't sent anything and the supervisor is now saying oh well in our system it says we sent $100 you wanted to give to him I was like well I talked to the facility and they haven't received s*** so you guys are hoax and if he supposedly sent it and he hasn't used it then why won't you refund me I don't understand if your service is 100% guaranteed and obviously you can't do your job then why won't you hear from me it's because you take people's money and you're a big hoax. So everyone don't use JPay please and if you want to give them a call and tell them that they're a big f****** SCAMthat would be awesome too
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tripl3Thr3at For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-29-2017), bmoreicon (10-30-2017), oshaye25 (10-28-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2017, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripl3Thr3at View Post
So I sent my inmate a hundred dollars through JPay it's been a month-and-a-half later I've called them three different times to ask them to refund me they won't then I use Walmart to Walmart and it was there in his account within the very next day and Jay pays excuse is oh well we did send it but the facility is not really saying it to him so I called the facility and ask them if they've ever gotten anything from Jay pay for my inmate and they said no we haven't received anything and so I called JayPay back and I asked them okay so the facility said you had you hadn't sent anything and the supervisor is now saying oh well in our system it says we sent $100 you wanted to give to him I was like well I talked to the facility and they haven't received s*** so you guys are hoax and if he supposedly sent it and he hasn't used it then why won't you refund me I don't understand if your service is 100% guaranteed and obviously you can't do your job then why won't you hear from me it's because you take people's money and you're a big hoax. So everyone don't use JPay please and if you want to give them a call and tell them that they're a big f****** SCAMthat would be awesome too

I always use JPay I never have an issue my boyfriend tells me that he got it and he go buy his food.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oshaye25 For This Useful Post:
angelbaby2417 (10-29-2017), fbopnomore (10-29-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (10-29-2017), shellh37 (10-28-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 02:37 AM

Thanked 1,005 Times in 568 Posts

I have used JPay for a long time and I have never had any problem. My husband gets the money into his account the next day
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-29-2017), angelbaby2417 (10-29-2017), fbopnomore (10-29-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (10-29-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 07:18 AM

Always used Jpay never had any problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raf's Girl For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (10-29-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 07:34 AM

Thanked 2,568 Times in 1,211 Posts

Always used JPay and was delivered within the hour. Only once had an issue and it was on the facilities end. The inmate has to grieve it. Showed up after that
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2017, 08:14 AM

Newest scam is to send money many different ways, then stop the money order or payment. Meanwhile, loved ones get money credited to account. It becomes spendable, then when institution realizes check stopped, payment refunded, but the L/O got the benefit of money. Not saying this is you, but this is most likely the reason they wouldn't refund you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-29-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 08:17 AM

Thanked 5,862 Times in 3,056 Posts

Jpay give a transaction number and you should have an account number. I used J-pay for over 10 years never had any problems. I kept a log of when where and how much and confirmation number.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2017, 08:33 AM

Just started using it. No problems, in by next business day. I think the scam is the damn fee they charge lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angelbaby2417 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-29-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (10-29-2017), xolady (10-29-2017)
Old 10-29-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:

I pray you have success with whoever you're utilizing.:
)
However:
Best service for me! I love J-pay...So glad they exist.
-Never had 1 issue with J-PAY.#ILoveJpay

-Jpay is not a scam. Not to me at all.

Always work for me! Got a cousin i've sent money to recently.
I've also sent to a God-son, a while now...Not 1 issue.(Thank God)
Good luck to you.
Adios.

Lead with your MIND + not your heart.
CONSISTENCY,communication"is key.Without action, it just isn't real...
Old 10-29-2017, 08:52 AM

Is it possible for your inmate to get a statement showing all lodgements to his account so that JPAY can see that the money was never lodged.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:28 AM

Thanked 3,395 Times in 1,074 Posts

I rarely hear of problems with sending money via JPay... it appears that your problem is an unfortunate rare error. I wonder what would happen if you phoned them back and adopted a somewhat more professional tone when you explain the problem and ask what your next step should be towards resolution. Being abusive and combative on the phone with customer service rarely accomplishes anything.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:07 PM

Thanked 2,753 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Sounds like you are venting and it’s totally understandable. I had an issue a few years ago where I put money on the phone account and it didn’t get credited. I tried numerous times to resolve the issue with no success. I even gave them the transaction number and they couldn’t find it. I just gave up. The money never came out of my account so I wasn’t out anything so I was lucky. That’s when I started putting money on the account through securus.

I hope you get this sorted out quickly and get your money back or it gets credited.

“Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own”
Old 11-03-2017, 02:50 PM

In all honesty, sometimes the staff at the prison/jail will lie about things they don't wanna look up or deal with. I'm not saying all prison staff does but there's been a few times they've lied to me before out of laziness.
I've used jpay for about a year I've only had one problem with one email once.(and I email just about every single night so that's a pretty good ratio)

<3 My Hulk - His Snowflake <3

Old 11-03-2017, 03:40 PM
She's Home! Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 4,884 Times in 1,919 Posts

Never had an issue with JPay, other than the fact that Access Corrections generally gave me a better rate by a dollar or two.
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
Old 11-29-2017, 04:06 PM

Even reputable companies screw things up sometimes.

I used jpay when I paid my probation fees years ago, and the court got everything - or else i'd know.

I've sent over $3000 in $50 weekly payments over 7 months, not to mention at least 30 small stamp transactions and transfers and he got everything.

Just keep after them. If you have the transaction number (you can get it from your account) then they have to eventually pony up the money to you or your inmate.