Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 11-08-2017, 02:02 PM

Unhappy Intro--1nmat3_wife from California

My husband, whom iv been with for 2 years was just sentenced to 3 years in a CA state prison.

He got into a taxi in Old Town San Diego wasted after drinking all day. He fell asleep in the taxi and when he woke up, he was 45 minutes from home in Carlsbad. He only had to go one exit from Old Town to our house in little italy, but the taxi driver took him to carlsbad for some reason. When he woke up, he yelled at the taxi for taking him 45 minutes in the opposite direction from home. The taxi said if he wanted a ride back home, he would have to pay more. My husband got really upset and was making a scene. He threw the taxi guys fare meter and walked around a gas station trying to find an alternate ride. The taxi called the cops and said my husband hit him with brass knuckles and threatened him with a gun. (we/he doesnt own a gun or brass knuckles) The foreign taxi driver completely fabricated his story.

However, when the cops arrived, my husband ran. He has done 6 years in his past since a young age. He has ran every time he has encountered the police, making matters worse. He let the police on a foot chase, they had helicopters, dogs, gun drawn police chasing him. He called me from the I-5 freeway median while he was hiding out. The cops caught up to him, he didnt have any weapons, he had a cast on from just having surgery on his right hand, shorts and a polo.

He did not resist when they caught up to him. He was not violent towards cops at all. They unleashed the police dogs on him, tearing up his hand he just had surgery on. The cops beat him up bad.

They put a 126,000 bail amount on him with a hold. It took me 2 days to get him bailed out. When i did get him out, he spent 3 days in the hospital for infections from the dog bites.

When we went to course the DA offered him a plea deal of 3 years. He didnt take it. After 3 court appearances the DA didnt show to, she withdrew the plea and threatened 3 strikes case because of his priors. Our attorney got her to put the 3 year plea back on the table if he took it ASAP.

He is now doing 3 years for "Robbery" because he refused to pay the man for taking him 45 minutes in the wrong direction, while he was completely intoxicated.

We threatened to sue the cops for beating him up when he didnt resist when they caught up to him. He never had a weapon, like the taxi man said. He ran because he has PTSD. Now, its to the point that the DA is just protecting the cops from their actions that night.

He doesnt belong doing this time. Im just trying to deal. We just had our first child. He is only 6 weeks old. My husband was sentenced yesterday.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2017, 02:11 PM

Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,127 Posts

Welcome to PTO. Wow what a horrible story, I wish you luck with the baby, and dealing with this.
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
1nmat3_wife (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 05:50 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,202 Times in 10,384 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I'm sorry for what you and your new baby are having to deal with, but not losing his chance to sign for 3 years is great. With good time he should be home even sooner.
Here is the link to our California prison forums.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127
Old 11-08-2017, 06:01 PM

Default Thank you

He is required to do 80% instead of the more common 50%. he will do 2years 8 months minimum.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1nmat3_wife For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-09-2017)
Old 11-09-2017, 10:07 PM
Donation Award 

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Hearsay "evidence" is often (mis)used in court. Whatever happened to beyond a reasonable doubt? On the bright side, thank God he didn't encounter a trigger happy cop!