Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 11-07-2017, 10:08 PM

Default Intro--skaran from North Carolina

Hi everybody. Not sharing my real name on here because it's the internet, but I am impressed by the community here and want to get involved. I live in North Carolina and have lived in a lot of states in the US over my life. My boyfriend/long-term partner has been in prison for 9 months and will likely be there for a while longer and I love the guy and miss him a lot. It would be awesome to have people I can share this experience with. It sucks but I am in the Army, I know how to deal with things that suck lol. Right now I am just trying to plan things out the best I can for our future and try to give him the happiness he deserves. He used to be in the Army as well but his legal situation makes it so that he cannot do that anymore. He loved it though, he loved the service and he loves his country despite everything. His record will make it somewhat harder to find employment and even housing but I know he will feel happier doing something productive and we will do our best to make that happen. His charge was a sex offense due to a screwed up situation which really sucks because now he will have to deal with the restrictions that come from that even though he would never do anything like it. I know too many people who would look at a situation like that and pass judgment but now that I have seen how often the justice system can be wrong, I know there are way too many people like him in prison or in the system for things they didn't do. I am grateful for a community like this and I don't know what else to include in an introduction but just wanted to say hi!
The Following User Says Thank You to skaran For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-08-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2017, 10:14 PM

Hello!
Old 11-08-2017, 05:33 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,187 Times in 10,376 Posts

Hi and thank you for sharing your story. I'm sorry for what you are both facing. Stay strong and remember that this (at least the prison sentence) will end.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:44 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaran View Post
I know too many people who would look at a situation like that and pass judgment but now that I have seen how often the justice system can be wrong, I know there are way too many people like him in prison or in the system for things they didn't do. I am grateful for a community like this and I don't know what else to include in an introduction but just wanted to say hi!
Hi back at ya I too think as you do about people judging while being ignorant of the facts. The news media and the written word are both powerful tools to sway opinion. I know because it happened to my LO who is now serving time she just did not deserve.. It was in the news, so it all must be true.... smh