Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > World Prison News
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

World Prison News Post info (IF it doesn't belong in another PTO forum) about the prison system, prisoner support, criminal justice, etc., that you learn firsthand, through the media, from an inmate, or any other source. News can be local, state, Federal, or int'l.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:29 AM

Thanked 1,053 Times in 585 Posts
Default Interview with Ohio Innocence Project director

http://www.salon.com/2017/09/24/mark...out-of-prison/

The interviewer talking:
Quote:
Godsey is humble and incredibly engaging without being too lawyerly. Each time I’ve read his words or spoke with him personally, I’m met with a profoundly, almost obsessively altruistic voice for the voiceless. After all, who listens to convicted prisoners -- ever? Few if any of us can say we do, but as long as Godsey and his team are backstopping the flaws and gaps in the system, we can rest assured knowing that some of the best and most thoughtful American lawyers are standing on that wall, safeguarding the ideals of truth and justice. All that real-life Superman stuff. If there’s a lawyer better equipped for this station than Godsey, he or she is probably already working for OIP.
Godsey talking:
Quote:
I tell my staff that my favorite quote from “To Kill a Mockingbird” is when Atticus says to his kids something like, "I don't want you to get the idea that courage is a big man with a gun. Courage is when you're licked before you start, but you start anyway and see it through all the way to the end, no matter what, because it's the right thing to do." You have to live by words like that when you do innocence work, or you'll burn out quickly from all the punches to the gut.
choclgs (09-24-2017), GaReform (09-24-2017), Texasflower08 (09-24-2017)
Sponsored Links