Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:57 AM

Default Illegal entry

Hey everyone:

I need your help. So me and my fiance have been together off and on for 13 years. We have a 9 year old together. He was trying to come to the US in May to see us and he was caught by ICE. Ever since then he was detained by Krome and eventually transferred to Miami FDC awaiting trial. His probono attorney originally stated he was looking to get him time served or 6 months but that was thrown out for a prior charge he had with tampering with evidence and now the prosecutor want him to serve a minimum of 24 months. His attorney states he will ask for him to be transferred to FCI Coleman to be near us once sentenced. At the end of his sentence he is facing deportation back to the Bahamas. I am wondering has anyone been in a similar situation. Can I help him in anyway? Please help me because I don't want him to go back to the Bahamas. Both our child and I are US citizens. Also if you know of how to get married in a federal prison please let me know.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2017, 01:41 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,188 Times in 10,376 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Deportation after serving a prison sentence in a US federal prison is an every day occurrence. Consult with a lawyer who specializes in deportation matters in the immigration courts to find out if there is any possible way for him to avoid going back to the Bahamas, but don't expect a miracle (and don't pay for one either).

With this president (although President Obama oversaw more deportations than any president before him), my opinion is that deportation is virtually guaranteed. His conditions while in bop custody will be much better than what he experienced in the private immigration prison hell.