Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:31 PM

Default Deported from US and wanting to enter another country?

Ok, here is one... How about one being deported from the US and moving to another country? Would that be at all possible?

He would be deported to Mexico and I would move with him but we prefer to be in a not so dangerous countory...
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2017, 10:13 PM

Thanked 2,165 Times in 750 Posts

Surely there are safe places to live in Mexico?

If not, I suppose you could go to a different country so long as you follow their rules. Research diligently, get your paperwork in order, and follow the rules to the letter so you don't end up deported again. Most countries have detailed immigration procedures online.

Good luck.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:53 PM

Maybe I should be a tad more specific. Yes, some safe places though most of our family lives there and all in different areas... you'd be amazed with the stories!!! Plus, the pay you get for some hard work is barely even enough to survive off of. Put it this way, 3 of my family members each own businesses: a restaurant, a market and a clothing store. If they don't give money when the "Zetas" ask for it, they along with their businesses are goners...Living conditions aren't the best. Thank you so much for your insight!
Old 06-08-2017, 10:50 AM

Thanked 2,165 Times in 750 Posts

Yikes... that sounds rough. I hope you find something that works out.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:31 AM

Since you mentioned the Zetas, you must be talking about the Mexican states just south of the Texas border. That is indeed a dangerous part of Mexico, but also one of the few.
We visit northern Sonora a few times a year, specifically a beach town called Puerto Peñasco ("Arizona's beach"), and have been going there for 25 years & never had a problem. In fact, there is a substantial community of American retirees there, and most of the fancy beach houses & condos are owned by Americans.
We've had similarly great experiences in Los Cabos, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta & Cancun.
With the possible exception of Acapulco, most of Mexico's tourist destinations are extremely safe, but they are also more expensive to live in.
A couple years ago I met a guy in Peñasco who was deported from Texas, where he had spent almost his whole life since early childhood. He even had a green card, but apparently didn't know that if a green card holder is convicted of a crime, the green card is revoked and you get deported. He was our waiter at a restaurant down there and spoke English with no Mexican accent, which started the conversation with me asking "you're not from here, are you?"
He told me his sad story, but also that he was doing ok and that being fluent in English helps a lot if you work in the hospitality industry in a touristy beach town, and also that there are far worse situations in life than living near the beach
His greatest sadness was that he has 2 kids back in Texas and only gets to see them when they come to Mexico to visit, which isn't often enough.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZski For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-08-2017), marie8899 (06-08-2017), nimuay (06-08-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 12:49 PM
Banned

Are you an American, or are you from Mexico?. Another question is when you say family do you mean yours by blood or do you mean by marriage?. No disrespect meant, i'm just trying to understand the ties you've got to that country..
Can you afford to live in a good area?. I'd doubt many of us could..I sure couldn't. I'd be afraid of it to the point of not going unless I was forced to.
I know you love your man, but you seem to understand the dangers there, and unless you 2 can be in a safer area I'd stay here if possible. Even though it would mean not being with your man. At least you'd,be safer here than there.

You are literally putting you very life in danger, you both could die horrible deaths. For me, nothing-even love, is worth facing the type of life and the types of gangs where you could end up in.

Last edited by Dobbie_Elf; 06-08-2017 at 12:55 PM..
Old 06-08-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZski View Post
Since you mentioned the Zetas, you must be talking about the Mexican states just south of the Texas border. That is indeed a dangerous part of Mexico, but also one of the few.
We visit northern Sonora a few times a year, specifically a beach town called Puerto Peñasco ("Arizona's beach"), and have been going there for 25 years & never had a problem. In fact, there is a substantial community of American retirees there, and most of the fancy beach houses & condos are owned by Americans.
We've had similarly great experiences in Los Cabos, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta & Cancun.
With the possible exception of Acapulco, most of Mexico's tourist destinations are extremely safe, but they are also more expensive to live in.
A couple years ago I met a guy in Peñasco who was deported from Texas, where he had spent almost his whole life since early childhood. He even had a green card, but apparently didn't know that if a green card holder is convicted of a crime, the green card is revoked and you get deported. He was our waiter at a restaurant down there and spoke English with no Mexican accent, which started the conversation with me asking "you're not from here, are you?"
He told me his sad story, but also that he was doing ok and that being fluent in English helps a lot if you work in the hospitality industry in a touristy beach town, and also that there are far worse situations in life than living near the beach
His greatest sadness was that he has 2 kids back in Texas and only gets to see them when they come to Mexico to visit, which isn't often enough.
Oh wow thank you so much for sharing your experiences!!! I appreciate all of the insight i could possibly get! How tragic for that man but at least he is doing well!

My dad is actually in Guanajuato right now and he has already told me some crazy things that he and his girlfriend have encountered during this trip...
My dad was born and raised in Mexico and my mom moved out there as well when my siblings were younger and they both urge us to try to go elsewhere if possible. They said the value of the dollar has decreased dramatically and well they just know how tough it can be.

My cousin and his wife are working in Mexico City right now and they say that they see people of all ages being robbed all the time in public.

I am sure we would be fine if we ended up staying :P

Thank you so much once again
Old 06-08-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbie_Elf View Post
Are you an American, or are you from Mexico?. Another question is when you say family do you mean yours by blood or do you mean by marriage?. No disrespect meant, i'm just trying to understand the ties you've got to that country..
Can you afford to live in a good area?. I'd doubt many of us could..I sure couldn't. I'd be afraid of it to the point of not going unless I was forced to.
I know you love your man, but you seem to understand the dangers there, and unless you 2 can be in a safer area I'd stay here if possible. Even though it would mean not being with your man. At least you'd,be safer here than there.

You are literally putting you very life in danger, you both could die horrible deaths. For me, nothing-even love, is worth facing the type of life and the types of gangs where you could end up in.
No offense taken whatsoever I am an American citizen, my husband is a Mexican citizen... When we got married, he was already ineligible for citizenship due to his record :/ the family I am speaking of are all from my bloodline, not through marriage. My husband has some family there but not much...

I mean I have been saving since I already had that feeling he was going to be deported and will graduate with my degree in computer sciences next year and have a decent job but you are right it is still a struggle :/
Old 06-08-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsa77 View Post
Oh wow thank you so much for sharing your experiences!!! I appreciate all of the insight i could possibly get! How tragic for that man but at least he is doing well!

My dad is actually in Guanajuato right now and he has already told me some crazy things that he and his girlfriend have encountered during this trip...

My dad was born and raised in Mexico and my mom moved out there as well when my siblings were younger and they both urge us to try to go elsewhere if possible. They said the value of the dollar has decreased dramatically and well they just know how tough it can be.

My cousin and his wife are working in Mexico City right now and they say that they see people of all ages being robbed all the time in public.

I am sure we would be fine if we ended up staying :P

Thank you so much once again

I hope it's helpful. Honestly, I have semi-seriously tried to convince my wife that we should retire to Puerto Peñasco, but she's not too keen on the idea. I wish I had bought property there during the recession, because real estate there has gone through the roof since then. I have a friend who retired there from Arizona, and he & his wife are living the dream.

I'm not trying to sugarcoat things, and yes Mexico City and other big cities like Guadalajara have their crime issues, including kidnappings. But as far as the American media portrayal that the whole country is dangerous and cartel violence is everywhere, it's just not true.