Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BECOMING INVOLVED > Elsa's Inmate Card Projects
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Elsa's Inmate Card Projects This forum is dedicated to the memory of one of our most loyal members; Elsa Punzi. Send Birthday & Holiday cards to inmates!

Old 12-31-2016, 03:40 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,439 Times in 2,934 Posts
Default Card Forum Check-In 2017

Card Forum Check-In 2017

Hello friends.

This is the thread where all CVs can chat about mail ideas, creative things we send our pals, any general info we would like to share with one another.

We can post about what's happening on our side of the globe. Anything important you would like to share or perhaps even, something funny that happened, which may bring a laugh to your fellow CVs!

This is where we update one another & are available for support.

Thank you all for all you do for inmates

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2017, 04:51 PM
Aussie Card Fairy!!
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,020 Times in 656 Posts

Wow, you can almost hear a pin drop it's sooooooo quiet in here, and this Aussie Card Fairy doesn't like it when it's quiet!!! Where's everyone at? It's been a while since we had any special requests come through....I might post one today...and see if anyone responds.....I sure hope so.

Is there anything we can do in here to get your interest back into the card forum? Just speak up....the moderators etc won't know if you don't say something.

I hate to think of the card forum being the quiet section it is right now, when it was a thriving metropolis of PTO not so long ago...I wear deodorant, honest, so it's safe to come stand near me!!!

I'm looking forward to reading what you're all up to, and why you're all so quiet...I'm still chasing up some of the old timers.....that seem to have fallen back, just to make sure they're okay...will update as I find out....here's a list of names....not to single anyone out, but just people we haven't seen or heard much of lately. If I know what's up with them, I'll say, otherwise, if you speak to any of the others, can you perhaps update the list?

TxAngel
Luvtorun
MsRose (taking a break for health matters - could probably do with some card love if you have her address!)
Sdev
Gallega1211 (although she has been here the last few days)
delones24
RodMc
Sassycat80 (taking an extended site break, but I can get messages to her if anyone needs me to)
Janche
choochamy (hubby and son are both home now, YAY)
Mommybear
liebevoll

I'm sure there's others, but the above list is who came to mind...cause ya know as soon as ya want to remember something, (well mine does!) ya brain shuts off!

Okay....roll call time, who's still around and what you up to?

Hugs
Naomi
- " - " - I give a "hoot" about inmates
Old 02-04-2017, 05:00 PM
MiSsiNgHIM.

Smile

Hi my name is Lili, I have a few Loved Ones Incarcerated I was wondering if I can sign
them up to receieve cards for Valentines or even a random postcard would mean the world to me please from anybody it would be nice if they got a card. Im just trying to put a smile on there face and let them know they are not forgotten. Please anybody I will send Postcards to your loved ones if you would like me too. Just message me. Thank you and God bless everybody.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilovemysqueezy For This Useful Post:
maytayah (02-04-2017)
Old 02-04-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemysqueezy View Post
Hi my name is Lili, I have a few Loved Ones Incarcerated I was wondering if I can sign
them up to receieve cards for Valentines or even a random postcard would mean the world to me please from anybody it would be nice if they got a card. Im just trying to put a smile on there face and let them know they are not forgotten. Please anybody I will send Postcards to your loved ones if you would like me too. Just message me. Thank you and God bless everybody.
Hi please read and agree to the forum guidelines then you are free to post for special swaps or enter your loved in the posted swaps.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 02-04-2017, 05:17 PM
MiSsiNgHIM.

Im kind of new here. Not sure how I go about doing that.
Is there a link or where do I go to read forum guidelines
Old 02-07-2017, 10:47 AM
Donation Award 

Hi just checking in, I participated in the Christmas and New Years swap and wanted to do Valentines day but have been "sidelined" by a few health issues. I hope everyone is doing well!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just-Cynt For This Useful Post:
maytayah (02-07-2017), Nomes (02-08-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Cynt View Post
Hi just checking in, I participated in the Christmas and New Years swap and wanted to do Valentines day but have been "sidelined" by a few health issues. I hope everyone is doing well!!
Hi there and I hope you are feeling better. We will be organising more swaps and there are a couple of special requests on the board if you have cards available. We are really looking forward to having you back with us.

The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
kevscousin (02-07-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 05:49 PM
Aussie Card Fairy!!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Well hey there hun, hope you're feeling better now....great to have you back. Big hugs
Naomi
Old 02-09-2017, 02:12 AM
~Jessica from Holland~

Quote:
Welcome back! Good to have you ready sending mail again
Old 02-09-2017, 09:41 AM
~Jessica from Holland~

Can we do the Christmas in July swap again this year? I read about it last year and it sounds like so much fun!
maytayah (02-15-2017), ParentsLove (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 03:42 PM

I just wanted to send my apologies that some of my valentines cards have been delayed going out. I have had some health issues and families issues which have mean't I havent been out of the house for a while.I guess a belated good wish for valentines is better than no wish.
Apologies everyone.

Nomes (02-17-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 07:10 PM

Mayatah - Hope you are on the mend. We all understand life's interruption to mail

Jips - Smas in July sounds so fun! cant wait
Jips (02-16-2017), maytayah (02-16-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 08:35 PM

I've been writing a couple of guys from thanksgiving swap. I sent them Christmas and Valentine's cards too. I did a total of 6 cards even though only one through official Valentine's swap.
The Following User Says Thank You to Texasflower08 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 01:59 AM
~Jessica from Holland~

Maytayah: Of course we understand! I hope you are feeling better now and yes late Valentinesday mail is better than no mail.
maytayah (02-16-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 12:23 AM
Aussie Card Fairy!!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
I just wanted to send my apologies that some of my valentines cards have been delayed going out. I have had some health issues and families issues which have mean't I havent been out of the house for a while.I guess a belated good wish for valentines is better than no wish.
Apologies everyone.
It's supposed to be the bride (me) not the bridesmaid (you) that gets nervous etc before the big day....lol...but on a serious note, I do hope everything is okay for you my friend. Let me know if you need me to have your back for any swap cards hunni.

Big hugs
Homie Nomie xx
Old 02-17-2017, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomes View Post
It's supposed to be the bride (me) not the bridesmaid (you) that gets nervous etc before the big day....lol...but on a serious note, I do hope everything is okay for you my friend. Let me know if you need me to have your back for any swap cards hunni.

Big hugs
Homie Nomie xx
I am ok now and all remaining cards are posted
We have had another family bereavement and I have a dose of flu that wont go away. Its a good job we arent on video chat no one would be enjoying my runny nose and watery eyes.

I have lost track where we are with the swaps I will check it out today.

If I dont get better you may need another flower girl for the wedding. I wouldnt want to sneeze on your lace frock.

Nomes (02-17-2017)
Old 03-15-2017, 05:11 PM

I am still not back to 100% so my apologies in not posting the March 2017 swaps sent thread. Also I have posted for some swap hosts for the next few swaps up until July.

Hope everyone is doing well?

Old 04-03-2017, 09:32 PM

Nomes you forgot about me so quickly, huh??

Jips xmas in July is great fun!! I believe I headed that up last year and there was a lot of requests!! Hopefully this year will be rocking!!! The joke swap was awesome too!!!

Everybody have a great day!!
Jips (04-04-2017), maytayah (04-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017, 06:33 PM

Well how is everyone doing it's very quiet in here please drop us a line and let us know you are doing

Old 07-05-2017, 05:10 PM

Hi everyone, I have also been lazy and not accessing the web site much here lately but I continue to write to 8-10 inmates that have responded to me through this card swap. I feel like it is such a good source of comfort to the inmates. They need someone to write to, and look forward to getting a letter, a card. It also gives them an insight into what is going on in the world. Their world is very limited. It uplifts them to receive mail. I enjoy it, I feel like it is a ministry in a way. I am glad I got involved in the card swap. It is well worth my time. Kathyradellvn
The Following User Says Thank You to kathyradellvn For This Useful Post:
maytayah (07-05-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyradellvn View Post
Hi everyone, I have also been lazy and not accessing the web site much here lately but I continue to write to 8-10 inmates that have responded to me through this card swap. I feel like it is such a good source of comfort to the inmates. They need someone to write to, and look forward to getting a letter, a card. It also gives them an insight into what is going on in the world. Their world is very limited. It uplifts them to receive mail. I enjoy it, I feel like it is a ministry in a way. I am glad I got involved in the card swap. It is well worth my time. Kathyradellvn
Thank you its so good to hear positive stories of the difference the card swap can make.