Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation For those whose lives have been touched by addiction to drugs, alcohol or otherwise. For addicts and those who care about them.

Old 09-25-2016, 10:57 AM

Thanked 1,053 Times in 585 Posts
Default Heroin treatment in jail and authorized cell phone interviews

That's right. A sheriff allowed a phone inside the walls so inmates could do Facebook Live interviews. That's how important the sheriff thinks public awareness of the need for drug treatment is.

(Moderators, I could not figure out where this really belongs. Wherever you move it, I agree in advance.)

These Inmates Did A Facebook Live From The County Jail. Their Message Is Life-Saving.

The Facebook Live post that should change the way America has been addressing the intersection of the addiction crisis and criminal justice reform.
This past week was the very first Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week, designated by President Obama in a signed proclamation. I was fortunate enough to add my voice to the cause via a Medium article for the White House on Thursday. While I was honored to speak up on behalf of the more than 45 million Americans impacted by addiction and recovery, I thought it would be even more relevant to end this important week with a message from some men who are proving the status-quo dead wrong.

Read the entire article below:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...4650?section=&

The sheriff is running an addiction recovery program out of his own budget with no support from anyone else.

Edited by Admin to conform with PTO's Copyright Rule

Last edited by patchouli; 09-25-2016 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: Copyright Rules
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minor activist For This Useful Post:
Cardinal (09-26-2016), Lordbew/us (09-25-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2016, 05:19 PM

Thanked 2,385 Times in 836 Posts

Awesome.... I hope & pray programs like this spread nationwide. There is hope for all addicts.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:38 AM

Default This peer to peer Drug Recovery in Virgina is Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor activist View Post
That's right. A sheriff allowed a phone inside the walls so inmates could do Facebook Live interviews. That's how important the sheriff thinks public awareness of the need for drug treatment is.

(Moderators, I could not figure out where this really belongs. Wherever you move it, I agree in advance.)

These Inmates Did A Facebook Live From The County Jail. Their Message Is Life-Saving.

The Facebook Live post that should change the way America has been addressing the intersection of the addiction crisis and criminal justice reform.
This past week was the very first Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week, designated by President Obama in a signed proclamation. I was fortunate enough to add my voice to the cause via a Medium article for the White House on Thursday. While I was honored to speak up on behalf of the more than 45 million Americans impacted by addiction and recovery, I thought it would be even more relevant to end this important week with a message from some men who are proving the status-quo dead wrong.

Read the entire article below:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...4650?section=&

The sheriff is running an addiction recovery program out of his own budget with no support from anyone else.

Edited by Admin to conform with PTO's Copyright Rule
This is one of the most promising videos I have seen on PTO up to this point. I wish this could be implemented in the CDCR!