Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Florida prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:17 PM

Default LO got transferred from RCM-Main to RCM-West, will mail to transferred?

I sent out a letter 3 days ago when he was still in RCM-Main unit and today he got transferred to RCM-West unit, will my letter get to him, or will I have to send another letter to him? Also does this mean this is his permanent place?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2016, 10:36 PM

Yes and no lol. My man was transferred and they returned 2 cards back opened to me with address of facility i mailed it to crossed out. On the other hand he received a card at the new place he should of gotten weeks ago. Go figure it wasnt anything returned for contraband reasons as i changed envelopes and remailed it to new place and he received it. As for will he stay there i have no clue mine was moved to 3 places in a mattet of 10 days. Hes now in his permanent spot. Just keep checking the DOC site itll show where he is and when you see a new pic of him that should be his permanent place as they do it at intake.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:46 AM

Mail should always follow the inmate but I use that term loosely as this is DOC and they basically do whatever they want. Your loved one was transferred but he was transferred to the west unit which is the same property so it shouldn't take long for him to get it. More than likely that is not going to be his permanent camp though, it's likely that they're just holding him there while he is in transit to his permanent camp. Good luck!
Old 05-06-2016, 09:07 AM

Thank you guys! I guess I should just wait a week or so, I was just trying to let him know I had to transfer my phone account from business to personal and waiting for the bill to come so I can send it to him, so we can finally talk.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Forever Love

The mail for both camps goes to the same address so you shouldn't have much of an issue. I never did, and my guy bounced around from Main, West, and the Work Camp. It just might take an extra day or so, but he always got my mail while there.
They use West as overflow for the Main Unit 90% of the time. There are permanents there, but not very many. My guy was one for about 6 months. Easiest way to know is that he will be given a white uniform if he's staying there permantely. If he stays in blue, he's gonna be moved again at some point.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:09 PM

Thanks RobertsHeart801, that's good to know! Makes me feel better.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsHeart801 View Post
The mail for both camps goes to the same address so you shouldn't have much of an issue. I never did, and my guy bounced around from Main, West, and the Work Camp. It just might take an extra day or so, but he always got my mail while there.
They use West as overflow for the Main Unit 90% of the time. There are permanents there, but not very many. My guy was one for about 6 months. Easiest way to know is that he will be given a white uniform if he's staying there permantely. If he stays in blue, he's gonna be moved again at some point.

Hey! I had a quick question... you said that your guy bounced around from Main, West and Work Camp. I just saw that he was moved back to Main from West. How long did it take for your number to get approved. I sent him my bill 1 week ago from today, I haven't heard anything back from him yet. Do you think it would be ok to call classification and to ask if they received the bill yet or should I wait a little longer?
Old 05-12-2016, 01:28 PM

you can call but u need to speak to the securus lady ms. Russell i believe us her name. She's the one who handles the phone list and such. Shes on site at prison til 5 pm
Old 05-12-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph&gene16+ View Post
you can call but u need to speak to the securus lady ms. Russell i believe us her name. She's the one who handles the phone list and such. Shes on site at prison til 5 pm
Thank you so much!
Old 05-12-2016, 09:35 PM
Forever Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by irinabakgd View Post
Hey! I had a quick question... you said that your guy bounced around from Main, West and Work Camp. I just saw that he was moved back to Main from West. How long did it take for your number to get approved. I sent him my bill 1 week ago from today, I haven't heard anything back from him yet. Do you think it would be ok to call classification and to ask if they received the bill yet or should I wait a little longer?

It took 3 weeks for my phone to be approved. I ended up having to talk to the Securus rep and was approved that same day. (Sorry I dont remember her name, but she was fantastic) Now my guy was not notified that the phone was approved, he just kept trying until one day it worked. Might want to mention that in a letter to have him just try.

Make sure you have a Securus account set up with money on it or else he won't get through. Hope you hear from him soon!

Old 06-01-2016, 11:00 AM

Finally heard from him, after he was transferred to Columbia. Feels so good to hear his voice! Now 12 more months of this
Old 06-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Forever Love

So glad you got to talk to him! Very happy for you. Trust ne, those 12 months will fly, especially if you are able to visit as well! Good luck to you both!

The Following User Says Thank You to RobertsHeart801 For This Useful Post:
irinabakgd (06-01-2016)