Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Native American Prisoner Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Native American Prisoner Discussions Dedicated to Native American prisoners and their loved ones.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:37 AM
Sonnys707Girl

Default Native love, Would like support from other Native families

Hello everyone...I am dry creek native and my husband is hopland pomo...i just wanted to introduce myself. I have no clue how the heck to use this website...I am out and my husband is going away for 6 yrs. I have no idea how it works in prison. But my husband has told me he runs with the natives. Can anyone on here tell me how to get aquainted with other natives on here? I dont know how to use this website. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2015, 01:40 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,439 Times in 2,934 Posts

Hi welcome to prison talk. This is a site dedicated to giving help and support to families and friends of the incarcerated. If you have a look around you will find a lot of information that may be of use and if you cant find what you need, feel free to post on the relevant forum and ask for advice.If there is anything I can help you with feel free to send me a message if I cant help I may be able to point you in the right direction.
You are certainly not alone and you will find a lot of people on here who are in the same situation and are supporting loved ones in prison.
This forum is a good starting place to contact other Native American families in a similar situation.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
sonnysgirl79 (07-22-2015)
Old 11-06-2015, 12:53 PM

Hello , my name is Shonda. I'm Tohono O'odham as well as my fiancé. My fiancé has just been sentenced to 10 years. He's been away for 3 months already and I thought as the time went on it would get easier but it seems to be getting harder and harder as the days go by. I've never been thru a lot of things that I've had to go thru within these past few months. I did a quick scan thru and what I've seen so far is pretty helpful and to know I'm not the only one whom is new to it all, I feel I'm almost put at ease well just a little.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SKSaunders For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-06-2015), maytayah (11-06-2015), sonnysgirl79 (11-20-2015)
Old 11-06-2015, 01:31 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,439 Times in 2,934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKSaunders View Post
Hello , my name is Shonda. I'm Tohono O'odham as well as my fiancé. My fiancé has just been sentenced to 10 years. He's been away for 3 months already and I thought as the time went on it would get easier but it seems to be getting harder and harder as the days go by. I've never been thru a lot of things that I've had to go thru within these past few months. I did a quick scan thru and what I've seen so far is pretty helpful and to know I'm not the only one whom is new to it all, I feel I'm almost put at ease well just a little.
Hi and welcome to the forums , there is lots of information on here and you will see you are not alone. If you need any particular help just ask, chances are there will be someone around who will know the answer.
Best wishes

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
SKSaunders (11-06-2015)
Old 02-18-2016, 08:56 AM

Hi, I am from Matlatzinca tribe. And my husband is facing 3 years sentence in Central Texas Detention facility. On my mother side, my grandfather belong to Jicarilla Apache Nation and grand mother Kootenai. My mother is Lytton Rancheria. On my father side. My grand mother is Mashantucket Pequot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessiaSutton For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-18-2016), maytayah (02-18-2016)