Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Info & Self Surrendering
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Info & Self Surrendering Information about Federal Prisons and Self-Surrendering to the BOP.

Old 07-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Closed

Default public safety factor question???

i have a few questions concerning public safety factors. my husband was sentenced to mdc LA by a huge mistake. He is not scheduled to be released until 2008 and his counselor is telling him that he should not have been sentenced there. but the onlt way he can be transferred is to get his public safety factor removed. he says it is called a waiver of psf and is on "groupwise form 409". I have been searching and cannot find it anywhere. If I can get the form and he is able to get his psf removed, he will be eligible for a camp and RDAP. Which means he might come home sooner. If not he will be stuck in LA . They have no programs and only 4 hour visits on Fridays and 1 hour visits every other day. I think it is mostly a holding facility for pre trial inmates and sentenced inmates who are not serving much time. Not for people who aren't getting out till 2008!! Can someone please help me?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Carolyn B

First of all, he should get a copy or have his case manager provide a copy of his BP-337 (which is his Inmate load & Security designation Form). My husband was assigned to a low security instead of the camp he qualified for and it took a while to find out why. His designation had a 'management variable' personal safety factor. They said he was a sucide risk and required greater watching over. We just got it changed with the help of his Psychiatrist and a good CASE Manager. On that form there is an area for public safety factors -which list several items. They sent him to a MDC. I thought that stood for Medical Detention Center - which may have to do with his public safety factor?? What is he in for? I hope you can get more information. It took me quite a while!

Good Luck.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Closed

In this case MDC stands for metropolitan Detention Center. It's right in the middle of downtown L.A. THanks for telling me about his BP-337. Although he might have already received a copy of that.He is supposed to meet with his Case Manager on Saturday and she is going to provide him with the public safety factor waiver. Did your husbands Regional CCM have to remove his PSF? My husband was sentenced in Ohio and I am being told that the only person who can remove his PSF is the CCM from the Northeast Region. Could you provide more details aabout the process of getting the PSF removed? Hopefully he will go to a camp too when this is removed. Good luck to you and your husband in getting into a camp. Are there any camps around the Bay Area? I noticed that you are from San Jose. THanks
Old 07-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Carolyn B

No - his case manager can put the request in to have it corrected -in my husband's case the Psychiatrist Confirmed that he was NOT a suicide risk and that he was okay to transfer. Usually the case manager is the person who reviews this form with your husband and goes over ANY MISTAKES so that it CAN be corrected. I read up on all of these forms etc.. on the BOP website. It took over 15 hours of searching and reading to find out info..UGH As for the nearest camp -instead of Lompoc he is going to Taft (which is by Bakersfield, CA) it is run by a private company and is the TEST SITE for the BOP on privately run facilities. I will update PTO on the camp and how the privately ran facility is when he gets there. The more info you have on how things are SUPPOSE to be done, the more things seem to get done correctly.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:30 AM

Default Bakersfield? Kern? Pre-trial?

My boyfriend just got moved to a locale in Bakersfield today. Near as I can tell it is called Kern County Jail. The pre-trial section. He has already had federal sentence but they apparently have no place else to put him right now. Amazing, he was able to call day 1 of move. Hope springs.

Does anybody know anything about this place? I will be calling them tomorrow for more information. Due to his last name he is a Tue or Fri vist. Max of 1 hour a week (we were 3 hour a week last place) I don't know if I need to be pre-approved or just show up .... or anything. Call me a newbie

Any help is really appreciated. thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8wife
No - his case manager can put the request in to have it corrected -in my husband's case the Psychiatrist Confirmed that he was NOT a suicide risk and that he was okay to transfer. Usually the case manager is the person who reviews this form with your husband and goes over ANY MISTAKES so that it CAN be corrected. I read up on all of these forms etc.. on the BOP website. It took over 15 hours of searching and reading to find out info..UGH As for the nearest camp -instead of Lompoc he is going to Taft (which is by Bakersfield, CA) it is run by a private company and is the TEST SITE for the BOP on privately run facilities. I will update PTO on the camp and how the privately ran facility is when he gets there. The more info you have on how things are SUPPOSE to be done, the more things seem to get done correctly.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:28 AM
Carolyn B

I have never heard of it, but the Federal Marshalls contract with County Jails to house Federal Inmates until they are designated. Probably what they did here.

Let us know