Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > Death Row & Capital Punishment Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Death Row & Capital Punishment Discussions Discussions relating to inmates on Death Row / facing capital punishment in the United States and abroad that don't fit into any of the other forums

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 01:19 AM

Correction: She shouldn't get a commutation because she is female. Women want everything like a man, let them take the punishment like a man. Murder is murder, no matter which sex committed it. In a way it is worse if a woman does it. Most women are nurturers and have that built in protection thing like a mama bear with her cubs. Even young girls. But maybe not with the young kids today, a lot of them are more violent and less caring, and selfish.

Last edited by Brian'slady; 07-05-2010 at 01:22 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2010, 01:35 AM
The Janitor Of God

Thanked 1,115 Times in 555 Posts

Apparently your God only blesses the people you want him to? You must have quite an opinion of yourself.

What were you correcting? And what were you responding to? You post bears no connection to any of those which precede it and looks more like a rant on a pro-dp site than anything else. Must say that I don't have much time for your stereotypes about women either, and I doubt that most of the women here will either.

This is a support site, not a debate site. Mind, it is a fine place for "debaters" to make fools of themselves as so many insist on doing. Why is it that they always think they are the first person to come up with an idea?

THIS NUT WON'T CRACK

The Following User Says Thank You to DaveMoff For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (07-19-2011)
Old 07-05-2010, 01:46 AM

You said no one said she should get off which is what I said in my post, so I was correcting that. I was replying to the statement that she should get a commutation which could be a reduction in sentence, not getting out or a dismisal or even released. The reply had the other person's post right on it, so you can see it says a commutation because she is female. Gee, are you in love with this person?! Sounds like a lot of us girls when we first meet an inmate and are in love. Then later we find out they aren't so nice afterall, and are usually guilty, and we change our tune. But sometimes we still love him anyway. We just don't defend him so strongly. At least not for the crime he DID commit.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:49 AM

Here it is again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoffee View Post
It is sad that this altercation happened between Christa Pike and Patricia Jones. Unfortunately, this is going to make it much more difficult for Christa during her appeals process. I had once anticipated a possible commutation on account of Christa's age and the fact that she is a female, but it's looking more doubtful with each incident that takes place there in prison. What can possibly be done for Christa at this point?

MrCoffee
Old 07-05-2010, 02:01 AM

God blesses whomever He please, I have nothing to do with what He does. I ASK Him to bless people. He can or not - His decision. I didn't say if I was for the DP or not, you are assuming. My posts have the posts I am replying to right on them. Guess you missed that. If someone has a mental illness I am more for counseling, meds, whatever can help them, not death. Now you KNOW what I think about the DP. In the case of cold hearted people who have no feelings - maybe. Which is she? None of us know. Some people are good fakers for years or their whole lives.

Last edited by Brian'slady; 07-05-2010 at 02:02 AM..
Old 07-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Old Timer

Thanked 1,174 Times in 529 Posts

I get SO tired of people saying things like this.."people have been through much worse and didn't murder". You have said it so right, every person is different and we cannot all react or act the same way. Everyone should be judged on their own and not compared to others. Many, many times have I said "there go I but by the grace of God".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian'slady View Post
! And I think people CAN be messed up if they have been raised bad! Everyone has a different brain. They can go thru the same thing and have different traits because of it. NO ONE can say they went thru a worse childhood and came out fine and so should others!!! We ALL have different reactions and abilities and react differntly. I was raped, but didn't become a slut or ho like a lot of girls do. But I can still see why another girl would! I don't say,"Well, I was raped and I'M NOT a ho." Ot affects each one differently. I DO wish they would try to help themselves,tho. Try talking or a counselor or meds if that helps. I just like it better when someone tries. And I believe some may try very hard and still not be able to change. But there again, each is different.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:51 AM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts

Members just a gentle reminder what our community purpose is about. Prisoner & Family Support. PTO is not a forum open to debating whether or not anyone should be in prison etc. Let's keep it clean familes. Thank you in advance.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:30 AM
The Janitor Of God

Thanked 1,115 Times in 555 Posts

A commutation is not "getting off". Many prisoners, for example, have had their death sentences commuted to life in prison. Lesser offenders have received other sentence adjustments as "commutations".

"Gee, are you in love with this person?! Sounds like a lot of us girls when we first meet an inmate and are in love."

I think that says more about the poster than it does about the topic of this thread. Anyone else have any thoughts?

THIS NUT WON'T CRACK

The Following User Says Thank You to DaveMoff For This Useful Post:
MrsCetina (07-19-2011)
Old 07-05-2010, 11:23 AM

Gee, I already corrected that, too, by saying it DOESN"T mean they get off. And yes, it did happen to me. I met someone who said they were innocent, they had changed, they were good, etc.. Most MWIs have had it happen to them. It can happen to ANYONE, even YOU!!! But it only happened to me ONCE!!! Now I don't believe anything any of them say, without proof. I'm strictly a PP or nothing, and I'm not even a PP right now. I have a relationship with one man. I don't PP with anyone if I'm in a relationship. You sure are defensive. Makes you look guilty of something. I have NO problem admiting I was stupid and believed a lying,using inmate. Others on here admit it,too. Others just disappear after awhile and we know they were finding out the truth, and either left the person or the person left them. Nothing to be ashamed of, not when it's love. Everyone has probably loved the wrong person at sometime, and even more than once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian'slady View Post
You said no one said she should get off which is what I said in my post, so I was correcting that. I was replying to the statement that she should get a commutation which could be a reduction in sentence, not getting out or a dismisal or even released. The reply had the other person's post right on it, so you can see it says a commutation because she is female. Gee, are you in love with this person?! Sounds like a lot of us girls when we first meet an inmate and are in love. Then later we find out they aren't so nice afterall, and are usually guilty, and we change our tune. But sometimes we still love him anyway. We just don't defend him so strongly. At least not for the crime he DID commit.

Last edited by Brian'slady; 07-05-2010 at 11:27 AM..
Old 07-05-2010, 11:35 AM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,295 Times in 1,887 Posts

I think that everyone has had their say here. I'm sure all PTO members hope for the best for Christa, her family, and her supporters.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:41 AM
5'3 High And Rising

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts

I agree I'm closing the thread.