Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Drug & Alcohol Testimonies and Success Stories Information, inspiration, and resources for addiction.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:11 AM
1 love....1 God

Default The Drug Use Continues

so our bs continues. after the emotional crap we have been putting each other through , he just got arrested again . he will be home 4 months this week and now we are into court dates, detox, rehab again. apart of me wants to walk away (actually run) from this man, but my darn heart is having issues. ... im not sure what to do im so tired of him lieing ( i dont believe a word he says anymore), im so tired of his drug use, im just so sick of it. i keep telling myself ill stand by him till this is over and he is again on his own feet, cause i do know for a FACT, he will never stop using drugs. he sits there crying how much he loves me,needs me cant live without me, he is so sorry (please dude) . like if he is sorry then stop doing this shit.
just had to vent before i lost my mind, thank u for listening

I am the author of my life and unfortunatly im writting in pen and cant erase my errors

SAVE A LIFE DONT DRINK AND DRIVE

Justice is only served when the one whom injustice was done to is satisfied
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2014, 01:10 PM

Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,127 Posts

Oh man that sucks! I feel for you, my husbands in after me waiting last time. Did 2 1/2 years didn't make it 6 months was out on bail then caught a bunch more cases (drugs). Now he's in for 5yrs. Totally sucks he's on tough love, for my saniety's sake.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,484 Times in 10,035 Posts

Well, Barbie, you don't trust him, you don't believe him, you're convinced he will continue using. I'm not sure why this is attractive, but you know he's lying about loving you more than anything, because first place in his life is held by drugs.

Go to NarAnon or AlAnon meetings and get yourself a support network! It will help you more than you know. It will help you clear your feelings, and maybe help you develop clear boundaries and methods of enforcing them.
barbie16118 (09-09-2014), yourself (09-08-2014)
Old 09-08-2014, 07:52 PM

Thanked 1,547 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie16118 View Post
so our bs continues. after the emotional crap we have been putting each other through , he just got arrested again . he will be home 4 months this week and now we are into court dates, detox, rehab again. apart of me wants to walk away (actually run) from this man, but my darn heart is having issues. ... im not sure what to do im so tired of him lieing ( i dont believe a word he says anymore), im so tired of his drug use, im just so sick of it. i keep telling myself ill stand by him till this is over and he is again on his own feet, cause i do know for a FACT, he will never stop using drugs. he sits there crying how much he loves me,needs me cant live without me, he is so sorry (please dude) . like if he is sorry then stop doing this shit.
just had to vent before i lost my mind, thank u for listening
He hasn't been putting you through anything at all. Not a thing.

YOU are putting yourself through every single bit of whatever you are going through. You're just doing it and blaming him.

There's a joke about a city woman visiting a ranch and seeing a horse getting broke in... the horse tied to a post in the middle of a corral, losing her mind, bucking, pulling, just going through hell.

The city gal tells a nearby cowboy how awful and horrible and inhumane that is.

The cowboy just slowly looks up and says, "She can make it stop hurting any time she wants to."

Best of luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Straight For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (09-09-2014), Nomes (05-14-2015)
Old 09-08-2014, 08:32 PM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,776 Times in 1,125 Posts

"The cowboy just slowly looks up and says, "She can make it stop hurting any time she wants to."

Well put.