Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-25-2004, 05:03 PM
Donation Award 

Default Oregon Towns Host 52-Mile Long Yard Sale

Dang it. Wish I had known about this earlier!!

Oregon Towns Host 52-Mile Long Yard Sale

POSTED: 10:47 AM PDT June 24, 2004

Oregon -- The idea started in Kentucky. A yard sale that runs 450 miles through four states and lasts nine days.
Well, how about a 52-mile long yard sale in Oregon? It starts in Junction City goes to Mapleton and back again.

Organizers say there's a huge selection -- from antiques to hand made clothing to Portlanders bringing Krispy Kreme doughnuts to sell.

Nancy Weiler operates 'Eat At Joes,' a roadside diner on Highway 36. She is the organizer of the yard sale.

And if handmade clothing and deep fried pastries aren't your thing, then how about fresh produce toward Deadwood?

Weiler isn't sure just how many vendors will be along the route. She believes there will be about 200.

The sale begins Friday morning and runs through Sunday afternoon. Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Hearts really do fly...

Default Wow

I agree...we could have made a go of it in Mass!! LOL
Old 06-28-2004, 10:48 AM
Account Closed

Wow! What a cool idea! I wish I had some money and could go to it. Oh well-----at least I'll know to watch for it next year.