Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Parole, Probation & Release > Coming Home in Michigan
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Coming Home in Michigan Helpful resources and information to make it a successful homecoming.

Old 06-23-2004, 12:05 PM
Ponti's Rib

Talking Parole w/N.F.D.waiting for home visit before release.how long does it take?

Well he found out via his councelor yesterday that he is coming home. i called the board today and spoke to someone from the out date department and was told he has an Non-Fixed Date and could be home wihtin 30 days....
i asked what determines the date and the lady (cindy) told me once his home visit is done he will know a date!

does anyone know how long is takes for the home visit to take place? and how long after it happens will they determine an out date? His erd is the 9th of july, and i am still hoping (for my work schedule) that he comes home then or sooner but realistically thinking, about how long does it take to get everything done and a date determined? do they give you time to plan it or do they just tell you "come get him tomorrow!"

i live in the monroe area (midway from detroit to toledo) and he is in marquette... i can't just pack up and leave, this trip needs to be planned!

lastly, his mom's house is completely being renovated.... roof is all tore apart, floors are being ripped out and hard wood being put down, the works... will the PO look down upon this or give as a reason to not let him live there? i mean this is where he lived pre-incarceration, so he has his own bedroom and it's just him , his mom, and her companion! but the house looks like a hurricane hit it do you think that would be a problem?

oh and also, thank you to everyone who kept him in their prayers, thoughts, and good vibes.... IT WORKED!

Last edited by Cricenia; 06-23-2004 at 12:12 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

first = CONGRATS!! WOOO HOOOO ANOTHER LOVED ONE COMING HOME

Ok. now to answer.. I can't really answer because there's no rhyme or reasoning to their timing! Do you know which parole office he will be reporting to? If you do try calling them and asking. If they have been notified of his parole, they should have assigned him a PO already. Hopefully he has a friendly PO who will work with you.

If his ERD is July 9th, I wouldn't expect him before that nor would I hold my breath for them to release him within 30 days. HOPEFULLY they will prove my skepticism wrong!

You two will still be in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy release!!
Old 06-23-2004, 02:48 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am SOOOO happy for you!!

Is he paroling to Monroe?
Old 06-23-2004, 04:00 PM
~BELIEVE~7-10-06~
Donation Award 

CONGRATS!
Old 06-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

Congrats and ENJOY! I hope he's home soon for you... I'd call the parole office in your area...

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 06-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Ponti's Rib

mrsd- i didn't ask which PO office he will be assigned too.. the lady at the parole board had just got the paperwork in front of her when i called so she wasn't sure on any of the details... maybe i should call tomorrow or friday.
thank you for the thoughts and prayers, it's worked so far!

Jacks Tracy- no he will be paroling to detroit... that's where his mom lives. i am down in the monroe area..

denimblue and deb- thanks!
Old 06-24-2004, 07:28 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,722 Times in 1,646 Posts

Congratulations! Hope you know something real soon.

Old 06-24-2004, 09:30 AM

Hello, we found out about 3 weeks ago that he was paroled and parole officer was here a week ago today. My husband is paroling to a Detroit office also. I do not think it will matter that the house he is paroling to is under construction. My house always looks like a hurricane hit with my four kids running around LOL. I was not expecting the p.o. the day he came either so I did not even get a chance to pick up. He had no problem with him coming here. And my mom and my brother were both here at the time and the p.o. asked me if I have a full house LOL. Luckily my mom and bro moved out 3 days ago so now it is just me & kids waiting for daddy to come home. Good Luck to you and yours! Don't worry they will be home before we know it!
Old 06-24-2004, 12:09 PM
Round 2

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Stacy
Old 06-24-2004, 04:32 PM

Awesome news!! Congrats.

Old 06-24-2004, 05:02 PM
God is Love!! :)

Default Cricenia,

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU TWO!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!