Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Out-Of-State Transfer Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Out-Of-State Transfer Talk Topics, Discussions and Information related to California Prison Inmates who are about to be, or have been transfered to prisons out of State.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:53 PM

Exclamation Husband transferred from CA to AZ, and now transferred again!?!?

Ladies I need help trying to find out where my husband is being transferred he says they didnt tell him any type of info just that hes being transferred and Iccalled and they cant tell me he hasnt been in Arizona a week and hes being transferred again can anybody help? Can ut be possible hes coming back to CA? Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Caligurl209

Girl call the inmate locator number in sacramento and ask where is he getting transfer too. Maybe he's coming back to Cali cause my man that no inmate is suppose to leave Cali cause there trying to do the numbers for the early release.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl20985 View Post
Girl call the inmate locator number in sacramento and ask where is he getting transfer too. Maybe he's coming back to Cali cause my man that no inmate is suppose to leave Cali cause there trying to do the numbers for the early release.
Omg girl I hope so! Im going to look for the number cus I dnt know it
Old 04-15-2014, 04:37 PM

I called and they weren't much help they told me where he's at and I already knew that! He said Iqill have to wait ttill the system updates
Old 04-15-2014, 04:41 PM
Caligurl209

Omg I'll be so mad if they told me that. Just stay positive tho dnt let the stress over power you. The worst case is that he is transfer out to Oklahoma but I dnt think they will.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:51 PM

When called me yesterday he said the Mississippi bus left the other day so he thinks Oklahoma but I really hope he comes back to California!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:14 PM
Caligurl209

I would be mad if my man left the state. As it is it's hard n expensive sometimes to go see them n now out of state even worst. I wish u the best n hope he comes back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Caligirl20985 For This Useful Post:
medinabby (04-15-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 05:47 PM

It was bad enough they sent him out of state but I guess Arizona was still doable but if it was to Oklahoma like he thinks it wont be as often! I just cant believe how the system works I hope you are right and he does come back.. does anybody else know whats going on pr what the rumors are?
Old 04-21-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medinabby View Post
It was bad enough they sent him out of state but I guess Arizona was still doable but if it was to Oklahoma like he thinks it wont be as often! I just cant believe how the system works I hope you are right and he does come back.. does anybody else know whats going on pr what the rumors are?
Hey girly,

I know the feeling bout our men being moved out of state. My man has done the same thing. From AZ to Oklahoma.
Im hearing ALL level 2s as of now are being sent back to Cali. But do know they cant keep them forever. They have to have all California inmates back at the very end of 2016.

Real sorry u have to go thru this.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:52 PM

Yeah he's probably going to oaklahoma there aren't sending inmates bk to Cali yet
Old 04-21-2014, 08:14 PM

Hes now at Mississippi and I guess he's going to stay their till 2016 that sucks im trying to get used to this out of state thing
Old 04-22-2014, 08:03 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,222 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Hes now at Mississippi and I guess he's going to stay their till 2016 that sucks im trying to get used to this out of state thing

That really sucks Chica. He was only in AZ, for a couple of days yes? and now he's in Mississippi, oh wow. Gov. Brown, keeps shipping CA. inmates, no Bueno all he's doing is adding stress and separating families. Hugs to you ((())), stay hopeful and keep your faith. He'll be home before you know it .
Old 04-22-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
That really sucks Chica. He was only in AZ, for a couple of days yes? and now he's in Mississippi, oh wow. Gov. Brown, keeps shipping CA. inmates, no Bueno all he's doing is adding stress and separating families. Hugs to you ((())), stay hopeful and keep your faith. He'll be home before you know it .
He was in Arizona for a week if that! Yes seperating families it is horrible it makes it impossible for thsm to really rehabilitate with no visits or family close by its just sad especially for the children. Thanks nica :-(
Old 05-13-2014, 01:40 PM

I know the feeling, within 3 years my husband went from California, to Arizona to Oklahoma just to go back to California later this year. It is such an inconvenience. I am visiting him next month and dont know jack S* about oklahoma. Its not the same as if he is hours away in california, at least we are both home. I thought the drive to Arizona was easy, but I cant do 18 hours, that is wasting precious time.

Quote:
Ladies I need help trying to find out where my husband is being transferred he says they didnt tell him any type of info just that hes being transferred and Iccalled and they cant tell me he hasnt been in Arizona a week and hes being transferred again can anybody help? Can ut be possible hes coming back to CA? Thanks in advance

Last edited by Butterfly2014; 05-13-2014 at 01:41 PM..
Old 09-17-2014, 02:20 AM

My friend said he was in AZ for a month and then they sent him to OK, so most likely he will be sent there
Old 10-01-2014, 12:38 AM

My husband is in Oklahoma too.. I visited last weekend n going again next weekend.. My drive is 24 hrs
Old 10-04-2014, 04:53 AM

Default transfers

I would say to start with his CO3 because that's who the transfer dept works with when they r being transfered. Also another really important thing is about their personal belongings when being transfered.. mine was just transfered this week and only received 1of his 3 boxes..and H3ll ya! I'm more mad than he is about it..since they aren't able to do much but wait 72hrs to see if all their belongings arrive, if not then they have to file a grievance with the CO3 to luk n2 it further.. and just hope they find it, get reimbursed, or just loose out on their stuff... which is B$.. I made about 4 calls today trying to keep my calm.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:48 PM

Question CA out of state Transfer talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwtCaliGal View Post
Hey girly,

I know the feeling bout our men being moved out of state. My man has done the same thing. From AZ to Oklahoma.
Im hearing ALL level 2s as of now are being sent back to Cali. But do know they cant keep them forever. They have to have all California inmates back at the very end of 2016.

Real sorry u have to go thru this.
So my husband Ben is currently in ISP, why Is CA sending them out of state? Wouldn't that cost more money to transfer to and fro? Is this only Level 2 inmates or is this also Level 3? Thanks for any info. Mary
Old 07-08-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjaminsbaby View Post
So my husband Ben is currently in ISP, why Is CA sending them out of state? Wouldn't that cost more money to transfer to and fro? Is this only Level 2 inmates or is this also Level 3? Thanks for any info. Mary

Hello there girl,

Well Im hearing level 2s are coming back to cali and level 3s are goin out of state. I hope ur man is a level 2. My husband was in Ironwood and then after being there for like 2 weeks they send him to AZ and then to Oklahoma but Im hearing that Oklahoma didn't renew Californias contract so guys that are level 2 there are coming back to Cali and level 3s are going to Mississippi. All the best to u and hoping for the best for u and urs.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:14 AM

Thumbs down Out of State Transfers

So let me get this right. My husband is a Level 3 at ISP. He said he probably would only be there for a year. I don't get why they or our so called great state is shipping our men to out of state prisons. Gov. Brown sure has this one screwed up. So at all prisons or is it just Level 3 yards that are getting shipped to out of state? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, other then wasting money that could be used elsewhere. Can someone explain this to me? I was given the notion that keeping families to gether and not so far away was the key to making prison life and family life more stable. Now after reading this post I worry that he will get transferred out of state, and then we will not be able to travel to another state, because I can not just leave work for a week, or take our children out of school.....grrrrrr.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjaminsbaby View Post
So let me get this right. My husband is a Level 3 at ISP. He said he probably would only be there for a year. I don't get why they or our so called great state is shipping our men to out of state prisons. Gov. Brown sure has this one screwed up. So at all prisons or is it just Level 3 yards that are getting shipped to out of state? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, other then wasting money that could be used elsewhere. Can someone explain this to me? I was given the notion that keeping families to gether and not so far away was the key to making prison life and family life more stable. Now after reading this post I worry that he will get transferred out of state, and then we will not be able to travel to another state, because I can not just leave work for a week, or take our children out of school.....grrrrrr.
Unfortunately this out of state transferring has been going on since 2006. California doesn't care about inmates keeping in touch with families. These private prisons are so cheap that for them its worth traveling 3 states away to throw these inmates out there . its such a hard thing to transition to but it is what it is
Old 07-30-2015, 03:54 PM
No Matter what

Yes, out of state inmates are coming back. The dead lind it February 2016. Az is the half way point ( lay over) it takes alil while before they are in their main line.no one will give you info. You just have to wait for their call or letter. You can follow them thru inmate locator online.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchezsela80 View Post
Yes, out of state inmates are coming back. The dead lind it February 2016. Az is the half way point ( lay over) it takes alil while before they are in their main line.no one will give you info. You just have to wait for their call or letter. You can follow them thru inmate locator online.
Where did u get that info ?
Old 08-30-2015, 08:00 PM

My soon to be ex husband was at TCCF in Mississippi for a few years, he came back to CA after receiving level 4 points. Let me tell you out of state is a lot more chill than California prisons' yes the distance sucks but they have more slack out there. Wishes and blessings to all of you
Old 10-24-2015, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Arizona for most is just intake into CCA. Most are transferred to Southern States.