Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > PTO Quarterly Newsletter
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Quarterly Newsletter Discussion, submission and suggestions for PrisonTalk's Quarterly Newsletter.

View Poll Results: What is your visiting style?
My look is utterly perfect. I spend days planning and accessorizing my outfits. 39 26.17%
I am always smart, stylish and snappily dressed. I like the classic look. 47 31.54%
I dress for a beach party, but have to cover up to get through the main gate! 3 2.01%
I'm clean, modestly dressed and my hair is brushed. 54 36.24%
Did I remember to put on pants? This t-shirt may be musty, but it still kind of works. Doesn't it? 6 4.03%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 01:49 AM
Volunteers' Liaison Officer

Default What is your visiting style? (PTOQ)

How do you dress for your visits?
Are you a glamour-puss or a scarecrow in the visitation room?
Is your look perfect or do you need a make-over?

Let us know in this fun poll. Results will be published in our next edition of PTO Quarterly.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PTO Liaison For This Useful Post:
Patty (04-08-2014), PEN PAL 2 FEW (04-08-2014), Rachel (04-08-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2014, 06:12 AM
Donation Award 

If it were not for the rules, my son would not care if I wore a burlap bag, he just wants to see his mom. Although I do follow the dress code as he would be upset if some other inmate made any comments about me, there would be a fight, and there are always some that get turned away and made to go change or buy something at the dollar store down the street as they do not read the visitation rules before comming to see their LO. But yes, I want to look respectfull as all moms should.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to icj357 For This Useful Post:
adogzheart (04-14-2014), Have faith14 (04-10-2014), sass4221 (04-11-2014)
Old 04-08-2014, 06:49 AM

The first time I went he was like you getting your sista soulja on. I had my fro out and was dressed real modest where he is; is cold as hell. I remember when I got off the plane he asked what I had on and I fly rugged I was like sweats and a bruins shirt he was like that sound sexy so next time I might rock that just not so rugged
adogzheart (04-14-2014)
Old 04-08-2014, 07:17 AM

The first time I went I felt so cute and then it dawned me as I am walking through the metal detector that I had metal embellishments on my shirt, so I literally stood in the parking lot for 10 minutes pulling all those studs off my shirt. Definitely learned to travel with some extra clothes in my car
Old 04-08-2014, 07:58 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,776 Times in 1,125 Posts
Default as is

I dress as "what you see is what you get". I have no one to impress period. I run the animals now that my man is gone so my rationale is leave the muddy paw prints on my jacket so that my husband can at least see evidence of the fur kids in real time. Plus I work night shift so I have been known to go in work clothes too. My husband knows me and knows how I am. If he had wanted a fashion plate, he would have married one.
Yeah I am sure I am judged but so what. At least I follow the dress code.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
adogzheart (04-14-2014), charok1 (04-13-2014)
Old 04-08-2014, 10:34 AM
HIS MRS. HIS HEART
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,201 Times in 729 Posts

Love this thread, I pack like I'm going away for 2 weeks, have to have the perfect outfit, matching, hair done, nails, makeup, back up outfit just in case the first one don't pass, I do all this just for an hour window visit, but it is so worth it
"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PEN PAL 2 FEW For This Useful Post:
adogzheart (04-14-2014), mrs.shaw (04-11-2014), PrestonsWife (04-16-2014), RedWoman76 (07-02-2014)
Old 04-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Meow

Love the thread....

When we use to have traditional visits, I was the dress to impress type especially since I could only visit monthly. But now we have family visits so what I wear definitely runs the gamut from stylish to comfy.
The Following User Says Thank You to SinCityKitty For This Useful Post:
adogzheart (04-14-2014)
Old 04-08-2014, 07:17 PM
[url=http://www.tickerclu

I dress comfortable and cute I know what my husband likes so I dress accordingly. I wear clothes tight enough for him to see my curves but loose enough to respect my husband as well as myself.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tiffany1979 For This Useful Post:
adogzheart (04-14-2014), cocobutterfly (05-29-2014), PrestonsWife (04-16-2014), Wendy1918 (05-06-2014)
Old 04-09-2014, 09:34 PM
♥♡♥MISS&LOVE MY MAN♡♥♡

I dress like any other day except I cant wear my tanktops or my camo to visits which I dont know why an I dont like I understand on tanktops but not camo
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesGirl3 For This Useful Post:
adogzheart (04-14-2014)
Old 04-12-2014, 06:45 PM

my love could care less what I wear. He is just happy to see me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maniacswifey619 For This Useful Post:
adogzheart (04-14-2014), jadah (05-14-2014)
Old 04-13-2014, 10:50 PM

the one and only time i could get away to visit, it was last summer.i had to wear a big t shirt, big shorts ( like cross between capri and cargo pants, came to my calves.) and flip flops. i was paranoid ( all my usual summer shirts are scoop neck -fear of showing my clevage, or what is supposed to be my cleavage LOL! or short sleeves -then armpit is exposed) - i had to drive almost 2 hrs each way, no way was i taking chances of not getting to go thru because of dress code! now looking back im surprised they didnt nix my flip flops?
The Following User Says Thank You to charok1 For This Useful Post:
adogzheart (04-14-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 07:48 AM

LOL at you pulling the stud embelishments off of your shirt Adina! The first visit I was so cute just to get there and have to change my shirt three times!! The second visit was better but they're so strict with what you can wear I just try to keep it simple now and focus on my hair and makeup looking really nice. Because the last thing you want is to be stressed out going into see him because you couldn't get through the checkpoint without having to change! LOL. With a 6 hour drive to see him I'ma make sure everything goes smoothly!! So now the outfits have gotten more casual-cute but nothing over the top.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Liz

Default metal detectors.

In AZ what I wore to Stiner for first visit, I passed. Wore same thing to Kingman and bra failed. With both arms having been operated on multiple times, the pull over your head elastic torture sports bra is difficult to put on and off. The two hooks and two strap slides on a regular bra (no underwire or metal anywhere else in it) will not pass in Kingman.

Then the 2nd time in Kingman the shortsleeved, button up blouse was OK first time but they would not allow it the 2nd time as it didn't button up high enough. I was worried about my shoes as it was winter, not my shirt.

I figure I need an 80 year old grandmother to pick out some clothes for me. My son thinks the oversized pink capris and flowered blouse are pretty funny looking. Covering the collarbone, meeting the rest of the rules and not sweating to death in AZ is not easy.

It is a 7 hour drive time each way which takes me 10 to 12 hours due to the neuropathy limitations.

Last edited by lizlizzie2; 04-15-2014 at 04:01 PM..
Old 04-15-2014, 04:57 PM

I dress like I do everyday. I met my man in prison so he sees what he is going to see everyday when he gets out. I dress up once in awhile but I try to keep it real.
The Following User Says Thank You to abfarrell For This Useful Post:
jadah (05-14-2014)
Old 04-16-2014, 08:40 AM

After over 20 years together, both me and my husband love to look gorgeous for each other. Not only do I do my best to have my nails done (especially a pedicure in the summer to show off with my sandals) hair done perfectly in place and have a stylish outfit that is sexy enough for him but allows me to get in with ease, but he as well has his clothes neat, ironed and clean, shaves the morning of a visit for a nice sexy clean shave and cuts his hair himself to perfection. This is just what we did when he was home and what we will be doing when he gets back home, because when you love someone the way we do, you never stop wanting to impress them LOVE!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Utica Girl For This Useful Post:
cocobutterfly (05-29-2014), Sweetycakes (04-16-2014), tiffany1979 (04-30-2014)
Old 04-19-2014, 04:01 PM
Account Closed

I met my man for the first time last month, after writing each other for a year. So I had the nerves of getting the dress code right and trying to look good for him. I'm a jeans or leggings & top type girl, but no jeans or tight clothing were allowed. So got a pair of harem type trousers and long sleeved top 1 size bigger than normal, I was trying to go for cute-ish. Got to say I didn't really feel comfortable but got through with no problems and the visit was great but the next day (after seeing what some people got in with) I wore sweats and 1 of my normal tops, to be honest once I was sitting with my man I didn't care what I was wearing. Being with him is all that matters
Old 04-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Life,love,stress&setbacks

I dress cute and comfy. Of course, following dress code rules. Usually hair and makeup is done as well.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:08 AM

Staff Superstar Winner Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,571 Times in 1,813 Posts

We have only few visits a year, because I live overseas. So I try to look my best, and spend a lot of time getting ready, especially curling my hair... So many times it just happens, that out of the blue Texas weather strikes, and when I finally get there to visit him, I look like a soaked dog :-D

Que Fácil Es Amarte
Four years and I'm still wearing the smile you gave me

Check out our

Weekly Postcard Swap 2015

The Following User Says Thank You to Sunflow For This Useful Post:
Rachel (05-07-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 07:44 AM
Account Closed

I dress up every visit and shop very carefully to stay within the guidelines of the rules. Maxi dresses with a cami to cover any cleavage always get through or midi dresses that hit the knee. I have actually worn several body con dresses with sleeves but they are always a midi so they get through. I only had ONE dress refused but it was the staff that day, I wrote in about it with pics of my in the dress and I came back that next month with the same dress on and they let me through. I should have never been refused. It was a body con sweater long sleeve dress from Victoria Secret. I always wear heels, get my nails done a day in advance of going and a fresh new hairstyle (he loves long extensions) and I get up two hours before I need to head out to the visit just to work on my hair alone. He really likes curls and curling wand waves. <3

I go early and visits last anywhere from 6 to 8 hours depending on the crowd so I work hard on my makeup too so that it will last as long as possible (thank God for MAC setting powder and Fix Plus !) Some women look at other women funny when you dress nice but I mean hellooo you are going to see your guy. You want him to be impressed, at least I do! Also, I feel like he sees guys all day everyday when he sees his woman I want to be as soft and feminine as the prison will allow. If the prison ever changed it up and didn't allow dresses or heels then I would work the mess out of some jeans, baby dolls shirts and wedges The look on his face when he comes in there and the constant staring after lets me know for now I don't need to change a thing! As for him, he takes a lot of time getting together as well. He always looks good. Better then the men coming in visiting off the street. His swag is too official lol :P

Last edited by MzDarknLovely31; 04-27-2014 at 07:47 AM..
Old 05-06-2014, 03:55 AM
No Regrets

i wore his basketball shorts in once... elastic waist, long... it passed. He loved that i wore his clothes. i teased him to not be jealous that he cant wear it.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:16 AM

the last time I went was for his birthday. First day I wore pants and boots. Second day I wore Capri pants and sandals. This last time I wore jeans and sandals and a sweater that they made me change because it was a lil snug. But my love didnt care. He was like "baby I don't care if you come in your pj's. I'm just happy that you could come to see me. ".
Old 05-15-2014, 06:17 PM

The first time I went to visit him was last month after writing and talking on the phone for about six months. I was able to visit the whole weekend because he put in for a special visit since I was coming from New Jersey(he's in Washington state). But I did pack my clothes for each day to look cute but casual. The first day I had to wait for a female co to physically pat me down in another room. I learned after that first day. No extras but still made it work especially the hair. I will be well prepared for my next visit in October.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:55 PM
I'm the lucky one!

I usually do jeans and a cute tshirt because it's so strict with the dress code, you can't even wear a bra with underwires. But I also do my hair and make up nicely. I don't wear dresses or heels like I said because of the rules, but i do send him pics with that kind of stuff. He knows what I look like on a daily basis anyways.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:54 PM
Becoming Mrs. Deans
Donation Award 

I usually wear dresses or skirts. The facility where he is at is pretty laid back. My first visit with him I wore jeans, shirt, jacket and short boots....that was his birthday weekend. My last visit which was a few weeks ago, I wore a white skirt and short sleeved blouse and sandals. He usually asks me what I am going to wear when I am coming to visit him and he is usually in the yard when I pull up, so when he sees me, he asks me to get out the car so he can see what I have on. I have not had any problems as of yet with what I have worn to see him.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:00 PM
Becoming Mrs. Deans
Donation Award 

Smile Looking good for visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzDarknLovely31 View Post
I dress up every visit and shop very carefully to stay within the guidelines of the rules. Maxi dresses with a cami to cover any cleavage always get through or midi dresses that hit the knee. I have actually worn several body con dresses with sleeves but they are always a midi so they get through. I only had ONE dress refused but it was the staff that day, I wrote in about it with pics of my in the dress and I came back that next month with the same dress on and they let me through. I should have never been refused. It was a body con sweater long sleeve dress from Victoria Secret. I always wear heels, get my nails done a day in advance of going and a fresh new hairstyle (he loves long extensions) and I get up two hours before I need to head out to the visit just to work on my hair alone. He really likes curls and curling wand waves. <3

I go early and visits last anywhere from 6 to 8 hours depending on the crowd so I work hard on my makeup too so that it will last as long as possible (thank God for MAC setting powder and Fix Plus !) Some women look at other women funny when you dress nice but I mean hellooo you are going to see your guy. You want him to be impressed, at least I do! Also, I feel like he sees guys all day everyday when he sees his woman I want to be as soft and feminine as the prison will allow. If the prison ever changed it up and didn't allow dresses or heels then I would work the mess out of some jeans, baby dolls shirts and wedges The look on his face when he comes in there and the constant staring after lets me know for now I don't need to change a thing! As for him, he takes a lot of time getting together as well. He always looks good. Better then the men coming in visiting off the street. His swag is too official lol :P
I feel you on that. 6 to 8 hours visit? I wish. I drive 3 hours to see him for only 2 hours visitation time. However, like you, I make sure my makeup is flawless and that my hair is on point. I make sure my toes are looking good because her likes to look at my feet under the table and likes for me to put them in his lap when the guards are not looking....lol. He suggests to me what he would like to see me in and I make sure he is pleased. My boo works in the clothes house, so he makes sure he has on a fresh white t-shirt and always smelling good for me and has his beard and mustache trimmed up.
Closed Thread