Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 06-21-2004, 02:08 AM
PTO Admin - SysOp
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,850 Times in 939 Posts
Exclamation Warning about Cayenne Bird and UNION - Chronicles of Abuse, Fraud and Scams

This thread contains detailed and factual information relating to abuses made by Cayenne Bird (Rightor1) and her so-called group named U.N.I.O.N., which stands for "United for No Injustice, Oppression or Neglect".
If you are considering joining this group, you DEFINITELY OWE IT TO YOURSELF and your loved one to read this thread in its entirety. While this thread originally started in June of 2004, it has grown to chronicle in detail the fraud, lies and abuses at the hands of the so-called prison activist, "journalist", and of late, "Doctor", named B. Cayenne Bird.

[June 21,2004]
For the last few weeks we have been having problems with an individual named Cayenne Bird who started out with the account “Rightor1”, and potentially other members of her “organization” that she is the director of called UNION. Cayenne Bird is also a self proclaimed “journalist” of some “37 years”, the host of a TV show, and of more interest to me, the record holder for the most alias (and banned) accounts at PTO.

She was originally banned after repeated warnings to STOP spamming her organization and all sorts’ info of interest to them in the PTO forums. Since that time she has continued to re-register under new aliases and continue the same behavior that originally got her banned.

The purpose of this thread is to shine a little more light on who Cayenne Bird (aka B.C. Bird, C. Byrd, B. Cayenne Bird, and Doctor B. Cayenne Bird) really is and what she is about. Before all the trouble that she has now caused for the staff of PTO, I had no idea who she was, but after having to spend hours dealing with her mess, some facts have become clear, and I will share what I have discovered with all of you, and possibly even some of the other UNION members who are now starting to show up in her defense but are not aware of many things relating to Cayenne Bird. They are either ignorant of her activities or they are well versed and are playing ignorant when talking to me. Either way, thanks to Cayenne, it is going to come out in the wash.

As most PTO members know, it is generally our policy not to divulge information on who is banned and why, but in this case, since a great many people are already aware of the problems this person has been creating, and she is screaming that she just hasn’t been given a fair shake, I have decided to share all the information with PTO members so you all can decide for yourself if interested.

To start with, here is a list of Accounts that have been banned (to date) that have shown up with regards to the C. Bird affair.. I will also include the IP addresses. (The first three digits of the IP addresses will be *** instead of the actual IP prefix for privacy reasons. You can assume all of the first three digits are the same – because they are)

Rightor1 IP: ***.81.26.43
Real Simple778 IP:
Bishop13 IP:
BrandonsGrandma IP: ***.81.26.43
Civics101 IP: ***.81.26.43
Wizard of Oz IP: ***.81.26.43
Dot Matrix IP: ***.81.26.43
VisionaryArtist IP: ***.81.26.43 (now attempting to use anonymous email)

There are actually more but we are checking a few other things on those accounts. I will list them later, possibly along with the other member’s account that have been banned for participating along side with Cayenne Bird.

I received an email from Cayenne Bird earlier this evening in response to the email that I sent to the “rightor1” email address telling her to cease & desist her activities here at PTO.

Rather than me just covering what has taken place, I am going to go ahead and paste the copy of the email I received and am now sending back to her, into this post. You all can decide for yourself what you think of it. I have gone ahead and entered my response directly into the body of her original (quoted) email message. Her comments (email) are in black and my responses are in blue.

In this email she admits (at least in part) to her activities here at PTO. Further, she states that she and 100 others have bombarded another PTO member’s boss with calls at work! I think this alone speaks volumes about who this lady and her organization are. I do not know exactly what the problem is that she has with Heidi J. but it C. Bird’s actions start at abusive and go on from there.

Black Text = Cayenne Bird
Blue Text = Fed-X replies to her

----- Original Message -----
To: admin@prisontalk.com
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2004 9:44 PM
Subject: Re: Prison Talk Online

We have death threats that the FBI will be most interested in and our circulation is large.
I’m not sure what this has to do with PTO.

Plus on the word of a complete airhead who knows nothing of the UNION you have slandered and thrown out three major California journalists.

Who is an “airhead”? One of our staff members that you disregarded? All the accounts that were suspended, or “thrown out” as you call it, were done so for policy violations and for creating conflicts, however most of the banned accounts are aliases of yours, verified by your IP address.

I am assisting Alan Elsner with his book and setting up events for him.

What does this have to do with you continuing to violate policies? Is mentioning his name supposed to have an affect on me? Let me assure you that nobody is going to lift the banning of your accounts. Not an advertiser, 100’s of UNION members logging in to complain, etc.

Not only am I veteran journalist of 37 years, a radio and television show host, but I am the only activist ever showing up for prisoners in the legislature besides ACLU, Friends Committee on Legislation and Drug Policy Institute.

Again, what does this have to do with violating the policies of Prison Talk Online ? Do you think you should be exempt from them while everyone else is not?

You are crippling the families by not teaching them to organize and get out the vote which is the only way out of this madness.

It is NOT my job to teach the people in this community what you are preaching, and many are not interested anyway. Every guest and member of PTO has free will and they may exercise it at any time. What you were doing was continually shoving your plans down their throats, and violating numerous policies in continuing to do so. You were contacted and subsequently banned for disregarding multiple warnings. You have since continued to open new accounts and SPAM the same things.

So far you have kicked out three leading criminal justice California journalists, a social worker in charge of a major rehabilitation program, a health care union organizer.

Actually, we have now banned MANY more alias accounts of yours and a few of your friends than that, and will continue to do so.

All threats of slander have been forwarded to our lawyer, slander is what why we're visiting your website, you gave us no choice but to clear it up.

Forward away. As you will notice, all the material that is put up on this website is going to consist of your actions and your words. If you think that is something that is liable, then have at it, but it is you who is setting yourself up for potential legal action by continuing to access this site after being legally warned to cease & desist.

There are 6000 of us, do you want us all in your website or don't you think that you've gone a little too far to appease Heidi Jones who is not at all popular in California's intellectual community focused on prison reform?
Is that a threat? It sounds that way to me after a number from your organization have already come to PTO to caused trouble and continue your Spamming campaigns. I think this is another clear indication on how you and your organization handle your affairs
With regards to Heidi Jones, neither I nor PTO does anything to appease her. For what reason? She is a member here like you were. The difference in the two of you that I know from your activities here is that she follows the rules and you absolutely do not.

Do you have a right to control the minds of people who log onto your website and filter information to them that they need to know in order to work within the democratic system to stand up for themselves?

Control their minds…? Now there is an interesting comment coming from someone that likes to SPAM and force feed your ideals down people’s throats. The only people that are “filtered”, “censored” or that have their posts deleted are those who cannot abide by the policies they agreed to when they signed up for an account here. People are welcome to discuss a wide variety of topics here; including issues that may affect change in the DOC’s, but you SPAMMED and SPAMMED and SPAMMED, and were finally banned for it.

And these death threats are off the edge and would interest the FBI greatly should I decide to report this.

Again, not sure what this has to do with anything, but if someone is threatening you, by all means; I would contact law enforcement and the feds. Don’t talk about it, do it. With you now repeating this twice, I am starting to get the feeling you possibly mean this as a threat towards me? “Should I decide to report it”. What is that? If I don’t remove any mention of your activities? Lol Ever wonder what happens to people who file false federal police reports?

NOBODY in the UNION gets a salary. We carry everybody on our backs and have paid for all the campaigns and actual work done in this state since 1998.
That is a ridiculous accusation, especially from someone who plans to take money four different ways. Did you learn this intimidation technique from being in prison?

Again, what does this have to do with PTO? You hardly make sense.

It isn't really working on the high caliber professionals in the UNION and Alan Elsner is not going to be happy when I tell him what you've been doing considering we are in the midst of a campaign for him in California.
You have now mentioned Mr. Elsner’s name twice. I suppose this is because you see a banner running at PTO advertising his book. Do you really think that you mentioning his name or anyone else’s in this world are going to erase your actions and the facts of this situation? Personally, I don’t think Alan would condone any of the actions that you have taken, but you are welcome to contact him and inquire. I’m sure if he is interested he will come here to find out the facts.

We are the journalists. You have our articles posted all over your forum, one the other day from Mark Martin.
Take a look at whom you're bashing. If you want the UNION out of there, start educating people instead of wasting so much time

You consider what we do wasting time? I think a great many members of PTO would beg to differ. PTO is about supporting & assisting people who need it. This community wasn’t built to take on the DOC’s, and it definitely was not designed to be your personal tool.

600,000 posts translated in letters to editors would have our issues on the front page of every newspaper in America. What are you doing here?

AGAIN, this is a prisoner support, information & assistance community – NOT a Cayenne Bird action group. You see 600,000+ posts but they are not meant to have YOUR ISSUES on the front page of every newspaper in America. This community’s charter is not the same or even close to yours. Further, this community is not, and never will be a 600,000+ “post” weapon.
If you want a community dedicated to your brand of activism, go build one. Don’t come here and presume that PTO is yours to do with as you please.

This isn't leading people. Or maybe you want to cripple them by discouraging them from organizing. The ballot this November is packed with law enforcement candidates that are going to get elected if we don't get out the vote.

Again, this comment just goes to show how confused you really are with regards to me and to PTO. I am NOT leading anyone and I am NOT discouraging anyone from organizing. If PTO members want to organize outside of PTO, they are more than welcome to. Personally, I’d happy to see it, but it is not what PTO’s purpose is, nor what it is going to become. Further, from what all I have now seen out of you and some of your member’s, you will be the last place I would ever go to try to affect change in CDC or any other prison system. They end up laughing at people who scream like little junk yard dogs. Do you think they take you seriously? Do you expect anyone to with the way you handle yourself?

Apathy and ignorance are the only real enemies; do you want to contribute to that with the nonsense of Heidi Jones, who tells these families that writing letters is going to change laws?

She works a full time job outside of prison reform. We have at least 40 people who volunteer 60 hours a week just on prison reform, and I'm one of them, the knocking is unacceptable and senseless.

I too work a full time job outside of Prisoner Support & PTO, in addition to the nearly “full-time” I spend here. The vast majority of people that staff PTO, work in prisoner support & activism are unable to make a living doing it, if they get paid at all.. Do you hold this against her, me and everyone else? Again, I don’t see your point unless you are trying to tell me that you are more dedicated, in which case I will respond that I don’t know either of you well enough to determine that, but I do know she comes across substantially more professional than you, and she has never treated this community, its staff, or any other member the way you have.

I can't control what people do and know you've ticked off at least a dozen big advocates by throwing them out of your forum, three of those journalists with loved ones in prison.

Sounds like another veiled threat. Once more, the only accounts that have been banned from PTO are those that do not follow policies and that are your dupe accounts. If someone can’t follow the simple policies we have in place they are not welcome here, and I don’t care WHO THEY ARE. No advocate or even the POPE is better than any other member of this community in my eyes. Everyone is equal and everyone is liable to the policies… From the new member to the Admins.

All of this over total misinformation and lies of a jealous, petty woman who is facing a lawsuit and about a hundred people calling her boss over it.

Back to Heidi again and how you have 100 people calling her boss? Interesting, just another confirmation on how UNION bans together to go up against people they do not like. Something that you not only are threatening to do here at PTO, but have already started.

The name is spelled Bird. You don't know me well enough to slander me but our UNION people are taking action because of this. I think an apology is in order.

Who’s slandering you? Ask your attorney for the definition of slander, and liable while you’re at it. The last thing you are going to get out of me is an apology. You have wasted my time and many others here at PTO.

I will be doing more shows next month, maybe I ought to talk about PTO on my show?

Please feel free to. I am sure they will stop by out of curiosity and find a great place find support without people shoving agendas down their throats. They also might find more information about you while they are at it.

Do you even know the people you are throwing out and knocking

I know you, and if you are a representation of them, I would rather not know any more.

Do you want a few more dozen IP addresses?

Why not, we (PTO staff) are always up for more training in dealing with imbeciles & problematics like yourelf. I would probably have to contract some professional to spend as much time spamming and acting a fool as you do, so this saves us money and lets us sharpen our skills. Nothing like “on the job training”.

Apology please.

LOL – Uhm… “No”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thread Tracking Info:

Thread Re-Opened 8/14/07 because Cayenne Bird and U.N.I.O.N. are once again entering PTO to solicit and attack members.
12-31-2007 - Thread Title Changed from "Cayenne Bird / UNION ready to wage WAR against PTO - Updated"

Are you having account or other issues at PTO? If so, use the...

The Following User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
missing my boi (05-09-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2004, 02:34 AM
taking a chance...

Hmm... don't know what to say except that I've never seen the staff at PTO be anything but completely fair and professional and I appreciate it and regret that Fed-X and the rest of the staff are having to spend hours upon hours dealing with this situation.

Jessica

Old 06-21-2004, 02:41 AM
taking a chance...

I might add that the idea of anyone contacting a member's employer without the member's express permission is heinous. Really out of line - and Heidi, I'm sorry you've had to deal with that.

Jessica

Old 06-21-2004, 06:24 AM

David,
Wow, I had no idea. Thanks for the information and for bringing me up to speed on this situation. Gosh, what a mess.

I just want to say thank you for building this wonderful site of support and information...I think it really did save my sanity when my son first went in...and it still does sometimes.
I am sorry that you have to go through all this when all you have done is good and right and of great benefit to the friends and family members of the incarcerated...and therefore to the incarcerated as well.
It sux that you should be rewarded with such grief for such a great work.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:21 AM
Registered Member

Fed, You are truly something else hon. Thank you for building such a site for us and for your long hours in maintaining it, especially to weed out people such as these. I'm sure they would've made good members if they would've read our Rules and Policies and follwed them. You and your crew do a great job in keeping PTO the way it should be and to keep it up and open so that all of the members here can find the strength and support they need.

"GO FED and GO PTO"

Last edited by Lady_Starlish; 06-21-2004 at 08:52 AM..
Old 06-21-2004, 10:45 AM
PTO Admin - SysOp
Donation Award 

It really is unfortunate that all of this simply comes down to someone that refuses to respect the policies and a few other members. If you have a problem with either of them we simply ask you not to post.

Old 06-21-2004, 10:56 AM
PTO Admin - SysOp
Donation Award 

I just checked my email and there are 3 replies to the email I sent back to her (shown in my first post).

Quote:

To: admin@pto.com
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 3:21 AM

OK

it's war

If you say so.

Quote:

Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 3:31 AM

Guard Friendly

Discourage protests, initiative campaigns, lawsuits

Blast the only advocates doing anything to help prisoners and their families

Insulted multiple California journalists and advocates

Collecting money four ways after criticizing us for raising money for campaigns with our newsletter.

Insulted our work, our members.

Death threats sent by your forum leaders and circulated all over the internet. This is an example of how you all deal with people whom you don't agree with? Put a hit out on them?

It's war. Our reach is much further than yours in California. Much further.

You are wasting people's time and not teaching them how to stand up for themselves with the power of the vote, criticizing and dragging down our efforts. You must be friends of CDC with a hidden agenda as there are GUARDS posting all over your website.

It's time that people see this for what it really is and we have already picked up at least 40 of your more intelligent people who agree that all you are doing in there is handholding, slandering and INVALIDATING the work of thousands of families of prisoners who are unwelcome, yet the guards are welcome. The word is spelled LIBEL and Heidi Jones has practiced it while she offers no alternative programs as a solution.

You talk about the issues of families of prisoners as if they are my personal issues instead of for the good of the whole, which tells me that you have no intention of ever doing campaigns with the money you're collecting.

Do you even understand the principles of a majority rules democracy and that the power of their votes is their only hope for justice and liberty?

Why are you afraid to teach people to stand up for themselves through the Democratic processes given to us by our forefathers. If you sincerely wanted to help people, this is what you'd be doing.

Get your ego out of it and understand that people are suffering and dying due to one reason only: the failure of their families to organize and get out the vote.

What's the matter with you?

Quote:

Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 3:35 AM

your inaction has bred disrespect for you from the more intelligent members of your community.

Just so you know, the loyalty isn't as great as you think and each time you kick out another key California advocate, you just burying yourself deeper in horrible public relations.

Heidi Jones lied to you, you fell into it, now you've got a major problem.

Old 06-21-2004, 11:07 AM

these people just never give up, do they..although reading the posts back and forth between you has given me a chuckle at times. they just don't see the picture before their eyes...PTO is a SUPPORT site ..we can come here to laugh, cry, vent, share info or whatever we feel we need (staying within policy).
go get em' fed-x...lol

sande
Old 06-21-2004, 11:38 AM

I have debated posting about this as I have no loved ones in the California prison system. But I feel compelled to post after reading this so called "advocates" responses here. PTO is not an activism community. I certainly don't feel as if anyone here has taught me or anyone else "not to stand up for themselves." We are all adults here and can pick and choose what, if any, organzation we choose to become involved with. As an ex-inmate I am all for people trying to change the system. And as an ex-inmate I would certainly never become involved with Ms. Birds organization because of her obnoxious behavior here on PTO. We are here to help and support, and yes, hand-hold if necessary. Trying to shove ones agenda down other peoples throats does not lend legitimacy to ones organization. The policies here at PTO are not difficult to follow.

As for guards posting here at PTO-so what? Not all who work in the prison system are bad people. If they have help and information to offer then why in the world should they not be welcome here?

I would also like to say how completely ridiculous it is to state that any of the staff members here have ever made a death threat against anyone. The staff here at PTO are some of the most caring and compassionate people that anyone could ever hope to meet. They truly care about what they do here, myself included. I am proud to be one of them!

If this woman would put the time and effort that she has wasted here to push her agenda into what she professes to care so much about, the inmates, maybe she would be looked upon in a better light.

Again, the staff here puts their heart and soul into PTO, as well as countless hours, to support the inmates and their families. To ever imply any different is truly an insult to to me and to the staff. Shame on you.
Cleo25 (08-29-2010)
Old 06-21-2004, 11:58 AM

I agree you guys all do an excellent job in here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marerob For This Useful Post:
Cleo25 (08-29-2010)
Old 06-21-2004, 12:18 PM
Round 2

OK Miss ADVOCATE for prisoners, why when I do searches on your so called UNION absolutely NOTHING positive comes up for pages?? MISS, I'm so involved and why aren't you?? WHy then when asked about you I hear nothing but negative?? This is not about FIGHTING the prison system. This sight is about people, real live people who come here to share their stories and find some solace in the pain we live EVERYDAY. I've been a member of this sight for over a year and have yet fealt like I can't join other groups. Last I checked, nobody gets anywhere in any system being obnoxious and rediculously immature. There's a way to go about change and with all do respect, IT"S NOT YOUR WAY ONLY!!!! Get it thru your head, WE ARE A SUPPORT SITE. Can you spell? It's S-U-P-P-O-R-T!! Take your obnoxious energy and use to TRULY benefit families and inamtes. Don't use to create WAR. There is enough of that going on already!! STOP shoving your advocacy down peoples throats. Learn what the families and inmates REALLY need and be a little more respectful of the people around you. Take some advice, it might take you a little farther in life and people may begin to REALLY listen to you. Right now the only thing you show us is how to break rules, and how to create drama. WHo in their right mind would to follow someone like that around??

Stacy

PTO STAFF MEMBER
Old 06-21-2004, 12:29 PM
PTO Admin - SysOp
Donation Award 

NOTICE TO UNION MEMBERS

If you show up in this thread or anyplace else on this site at this point and time, I strongly recommend that you pick your words carefully. I say this because we do not know what your intentions are and your "director" has made it clear that she plans to use "UNION" to continue her so called "war" with PTO.

Any person that signs up (not an active PTO member) and comes to this forum with anything other than a very calm head is going to be banned and your post deleted. If you all think this is going to be a free-4-all then you have another thing coming. I've now deleted and banned one more - we can do this 24-7 if you like. We'll just continue to log the events and share them with the rest of the world, or should I say the few that may be interested in you.

Old 06-21-2004, 02:02 PM

Default Wow

Wow......as a correctional employee I have found PTO very supportive and informative for all PTO members. Answers that family members have not been able to receive by the Department they have found on PTO. As an employee I know how difficult it can be for family members to receive accurate information. The correctional system is very complex and if your not familiar with the terminology, etc. it can be rather difficult on family members.

I guess I just don't understand why someone would want to lash out at PTO.

Fed-X and staff you are doing a wonderful job and if someone has to be banned because they can't follow the rules so be it.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:39 PM
Round 2

OMG I read that website OMG I can NOT believe someone hasn't stepped up and filed criminal lawsuits against her!! Isn't there something that can be done to STOP this woman??

Stacy
Old 06-21-2004, 05:51 PM
John's Future Wife

I LOVE PTO! What is her purpose on here i still don't get it? Can someone explain to me in english or on my level? I understand what can't be said and can be sai since its int he rules. Also i think this on behalf of PTO can be taken to another level. You warned them once, twice, 3 times about not returnin to the site and they keep doing it. Im not sure waht campaign is comming up or anything that this person is even talking about! Someone clue me in here PM me with details (on a 20 year old level) Thanks!!

Old 06-21-2004, 06:13 PM

i too looked at the site...OMG...what a friggin fruitcake this woman is !! she definately needs a mental health professional.

sande
Old 06-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Account Closed

and she says she is a journalist? She has an atrocious command of simple grammer! I would love to see one of her "talkshows". I need a good laugh. Did you notice that the subscriptions to her newsletter, require a check or paypal made directly to HER? Not the organization, to her!! Outrageous!!

IMO people like her are more damaging to our cause then good. She absconded with 3 strikes petition signatures. That is outright illegal.

What a fruitcake. Fed - let her bring on a lawsuit, looks like she hasn't been successful in filing one yet!! If she does, I'll represent you!
Old 06-21-2004, 06:30 PM

Default RE: War with UNION

I don't know what to say either.......I am new to the website,
still trying to find my way around and see what is available here.
I find that there is a long list of rules but as long as they are
applied fairly, it is every moderator's right to post rules.
That's the purpose of a moderated site. Obviously, there are
thousands of people here from all across the United States
and not everyone is going to agree with each other.
I am going to state right up front.....I am a U.N.I.O.N. member
and if I disobey any rules, please PM me and help me learn.
I have found the moderators here to be fair and helpful so far.
I don't think this is the time or place to air a personal
disagreement between members of various organizations
and I don't think it's helpful to insult moderators. I would
prefer to think that a community will deal with people individually
as none of us are clones of each other. I would be most dismayed
to see people ban others for affiliation with any group....just
like I would be upset to see any group or race or class banned
from an organization. I have PM'd Fed-X that I believe there
is some "glitch" or mistake here in IPS addresses and I would
request that this be further investigated before jumping to
conclusions.
I am also wondering if maybe some stress can be relieved
from "solicitation" violations if a seperate thread or area
is available for people who want to write letters to editors
or go to rallies of support on prisoner related issues.....
and that thread is respected with the same rules for all
other PTO threads? It is just a suggestion. People who have
been here longer would probably have more ideas on if that
is a desired topic or consideration.

P.S. I DON'T believe in going after ANYONE'S job or income
or living. However, I think there might be more to this than
is immediately evident.

Thank you,
Kate
Old 06-21-2004, 06:52 PM
one lucky woman

Fed-X-
First they laugh at you ,
then they fight you, then you win.
Nobody who really believes in healing the prison crisis is going to declare "war" of all things on PTO. (of all things.) Thank you for keeping it the special place that it is. We've seen the brilliant successes of the wars on poverty, drugs, crime, and now terror, so I think PTO can only thrive.
Start your own website, peoples.

Diamond: a lump of coal that did well under pressure
Old 06-21-2004, 06:54 PM

I have read every post on this subject, I even read that website, I think maybe there needs to be some changes in who can enter PTO. Maybe only by referrals from another member.
There are alot of personal things written on this site and those that aren't here to get or give support shouldn't be here.

Buddy
Old 06-21-2004, 06:56 PM
OSTransfers are wrong!!!!

All I have to say is "WOW' It's too bad people have to spend time defending something as crazy as this. This is the first negative thing I've even seen on PTO. Everything else has been so positive. Fed-X please do what you have to do to keep this site postive and fun and informing to those with loved ones on the inside. This is a wondeful site for all members of the family. Thanks

Old 06-21-2004, 06:59 PM
LBI, NJ lovin user

Hello, even though I'm not in Calif. I saw this on the "new posts" pick and had to read it a couple of times. This is a fruit cake and perhaps those other ids are her "army" ... little did she know you could trace them, HA!! IMHO, she just doesn't wanna hear the message. Will she ever learn the squeaky wheel may get the oil but the obnoxious one gets nothing and only serves to turn everyone off? Anyhow what a shame it wastes your time, makes me very glad to be on the other coast. I'm biting my tongue over the before/after pics I saw on the web site ... too funny and I really needed a laugh (sorry I am so immature)!!!!!! If there is a war declared, you have nothing to worry about Fed-Ex, lets see all of PTO against one nut, no contest. PTO rocks and I am grateful for it .
Old 06-21-2004, 07:11 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by syberia13
I am also wondering if maybe some stress can be relieved from "solicitation" violations if a seperate thread or area
is available for people who want to write letters to editors
or go to rallies of support on prisoner related issues.....
and that thread is respected with the same rules for all
other PTO threads? It is just a suggestion. People who have
been here longer would probably have more ideas on if that
is a desired topic or consideration.

Thank you,
Kate
Kate,

Welcome to PTO and thank you for your post. You brought up a good point about having a place to go for those who want to become involved in prisoner relatated issues.

There have been occasions when we did come together and worked on an issue. But it distracts from the overall focus of support that is PTO. Many of PTO members do belong to outside activists groups.

JJT
Forum Leader
Old 06-21-2004, 07:19 PM

Default Re: what's going on with U.N.I.O.N?

First let me explain....I am NOT Cayenne Bird.
From what I can determine in motives........Cayenne
is feeling that if we "organize" more as "group"...i.e.
voting block or organization that can effect changes
to the laws and regulations or loss of rights that prisoners
and families seem to go through.......not only in CA (but
is noted as one for the MAJOR areas of prison problems
at this time in the United States that we CAN change
laws. She believes that the legislators NEED that
backing. We do have people out there in the senate
and assembly that want to be less "repressive" and
institute a more "just" system. But if we don't back
them up in demonstrations, petitions for bills,
letters to editors.......get the news media involved....
that we basically can't offset other special interests
lobbies......such as CCPOA (California Correction and
Peace Officers Association). They are very strong group,
and they have money to do campaigns. We are all kind
of grassroots out here with either working full time jobs
and then trying to devote all our free time to social justice
or education or support.....that we can't seem to make
ENOUGH progress. Cayenne feels and states there is
a specific "formula" that labor union organizers use for
success........and CCPOA is one of them. If WE as
supporters of prison reform and the families or friends
of people inside could become more "action" oriented
that could actually counter the "harsh" and punishing
treatment of prisoners and their families.
Some of her pet peeves are medical neglect of prisoners,
corruption inside of jails and prisons, any improper
violations of laws and right or abuse of prisoners and that
we simply don't need to build or maintain THIS many
prisons in California. Money is going away from social
services, education and many other things to finance prisons.
Other ways of dealing with problems that have more
"rehab" potential and community involvement could be done.
California for such a "progressive" state is lacking and
almost exceeding Texas in "conservative" on this issue.
Cayenne's purpose here was to educate and RECRUIT those
who are interested in being more active for changes.

What is coming up........Alan Elsner has a new book out
called Gates of Injustice. He will be coming back to
California (estimated) around August 10 - 13. Many of us
would like to see a rally on prison reform issues and
have him with the upswing of this new book (he is one of
the advertising ads at PTO) use that platform to
educate the community more on what is really happening
inside the prisons and where are we going if we don't
change course.
There are lawsuits by prisoners coming up this summer
for court dates........letters need to be written to editors.
There are many campaigns in progress for different areas.
U.N.I.O.N. has campaigns and other groups do also.
But it seems hard for us to find each other and get going
in a mutually helpful direction.

Also Cayenne has 5 good interviews out on prison reform
issues......they are playing almost every day in California
on different public access stations all across the state.
I have the schedule if you would like it and I believe it
is posted on "shout" thread.

Yes, Cayenne does "charge" for organization membership.
She uses the money to buy tapes, rent equipment, mail
letters and do all misc. things that some organizations
get grant money to do. She doesn't make enough to pay
for it all herself. I am looking at grant possibilities and
tax status for non profit, ect. as options.

There are very "foul" accusations that go back and forth
between on social justice group leader and Cayenne.
I have investigated the accusations and I can't find that
they stand up and are easily explaned by Cayenne.
It is just caused many hard feelings on both sides.

If you want to ask Cayenne any questions directly
I believe her email address is posted in the forums.
I hope that I am not "soliciting" but I am responding
to your question to the best of my ability to do so.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Johnny's Angel*
I LOVE PTO! What is her purpose on here i still don't get it? Can someone explain to me in english or on my level? I understand what can't be said and can be sai since its int he rules. Also i think this on behalf of PTO can be taken to another level. You warned them once, twice, 3 times about not returnin to the site and they keep doing it. Im not sure waht campaign is comming up or anything that this person is even talking about! Someone clue me in here PM me with details (on a 20 year old level) Thanks!!
Old 06-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

The BIGGEST point some don't seem to understand is that the CORE of PTO is SUPPORT for the families and friends. Anyone who wants to become an activist can do just that, but PTO is not about reform or activism, its about FAMILY SUPPORT.

In addition, when a person comes to PTO and breaks the rules we always try to work with them to learn and adhere to them. HOWEVER, in this case the member continued to ignore the rules and left PTO staff no choice but to ban them from the site..just as we to with any rule/policy breaker.

An issue here is this person not letting it GO. Its very inappropriate for someone to circumvent their ban by joining under another name.

The simple rules here on PTO are 1) understand that we are a SUPPORT GROUP for families and 2) follow the rules. How HARD is that to understand????

Mrs dragon
PTO Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsdragoness For This Useful Post:
David (03-21-2011)