Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > TDCJ - What You Need to Know > Texas Prison Mail Issues - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas Prison Mail Issues - General Q&A Use this forum to discuss Texas prison mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the Texas forum.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:00 PM

Question Adult Magazines

I know not all ladies agree with sending their men adult magazines but for those that do, Can you tell me if there are any that are geared specifically for inmates?
With all the rules for what is allowed and not allowed, I would imagine there would be a couple of companies that cater to this dilemma.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2013, 08:10 PM

There is a magazine called Show. It's sexy curvy women, a lot of skin but no nudity. I would think most jails would accept it. I get my brother's and boyfriend's magazines at a site called Inmatemags.org.
The Following User Says Thank You to WV_gal For This Useful Post:
Kerima (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie's_girl View Post
There is a magazine called Show. It's sexy curvy women, a lot of skin but no nudity. I would think most jails would accept it. I get my brother's and boyfriend's magazines at a site called Inmatemags.org.
Thank you kindly... Heading there now...

Old 11-17-2013, 08:22 PM

It's my understanding the inmates can order this type of pics from a source called inmate services. I understand it's a website and since they aren't allowed internet access I don't know how it works, but reportedly it's available and allowed--I think it may be basically through commissary, but not sure. I also don't know how much exposure is allowed in the pics, but it's not nuns posing--lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to satx18 For This Useful Post:
Kerima (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx18 View Post
It's my understanding the inmates can order this type of pics from a source called inmate services. I understand it's a website and since they aren't allowed internet access I don't know how it works, but reportedly it's available and allowed--I think it may be basically through commissary, but not sure. I also don't know how much exposure is allowed in the pics, but it's not nuns posing--lol.
Thank you... I'll see if I can find anything online about it...

Old 11-17-2013, 08:25 PM

Oh, and you should know that all magazines have to be approved on a monthly basis before they are given to them. That means some may be allowed one month, but not the next. This approval process means delivery to them will be delayed a little. At least that's what the mailroom told me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satx18 For This Useful Post:
justcurious2009 (11-27-2013), Kerima (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 09:00 PM
TDCJ hand

Thanked 1,228 Times in 645 Posts

The most popular ones I remember passing out were Stuff, Maxim, and Smooth. Inmate Services is available to Federal inmates, but is not allowed by TDCJ due to the offender requiring internet access.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TDCJ hand For This Useful Post:
Kerima (11-17-2013), satx18 (11-18-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCJ hand View Post
The most popular ones I remember passing out were Stuff, Maxim, and Smooth. Inmate Services is available to Federal inmates, but is not allowed by TDCJ due to the offender requiring internet access.
Thank you so much... Appreciate the information!

Old 11-18-2013, 02:40 AM

Texas Prison Bookstore.
Everything on their site is Tdcj approved.
The Following User Says Thank You to coachy1 For This Useful Post:
Sunflow (11-25-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 04:12 AM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 PTO Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,104 Times in 1,232 Posts

Maxim and American Curves have been fine. We have had one issue denied during past two years. What I understand Lowrider would be fine too, and especially if he likes cars too. My understanding is that low rider refers to cars though Sorry, our private joke about this magazine

How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man
who insists on treating her as if she were
a perfectly normal human being.

Oscar Wilde

The Following User Says Thank You to Sunflow For This Useful Post:
Kerima (11-25-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 08:20 AM
Texas Prison Bookstore

Approved Advertiser 

Donation Award 

You just have to be on your toes. The current issue of Maxim and American Curves are denied. As well as the current issue of Rebel Ink and Urban Ink. That's why we sell the most current "approved" issue and lots of back issues. Bill

OOPS... There is a new issue of Maxim, but it's still under review. Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflow View Post
Maxim and American Curves have been fine. We have had one issue denied during past two years. What I understand Lowrider would be fine too, and especially if he likes cars too. My understanding is that low rider refers to cars though Sorry, our private joke about this magazine

Last edited by Tx Prison Books; 11-26-2013 at 08:37 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Tx Prison Books For This Useful Post:
Kerima (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 09:13 PM

In this case what tends to happen? I recently purchased a year subscription of Maxim and GQ to be delivered to my fiance. Based on prior posts i see approval is handled on a month to month basis, since he is signed up for the year, he will be mailed the magazines automatically. Will he get in trouble for any unapproved issues? Moreover, an i contact the provider to ship to an alternate address- or how should i go about it. Has anyone else come across this issue? if so, how have you handled it?
Old 11-26-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsAngel View Post
In this case what tends to happen? I recently purchased a year subscription of Maxim and GQ to be delivered to my fiance. Based on prior posts i see approval is handled on a month to month basis, since he is signed up for the year, he will be mailed the magazines automatically. Will he get in trouble for any unapproved issues? Moreover, an i contact the provider to ship to an alternate address- or how should i go about it. Has anyone else come across this issue? if so, how have you handled it?
I don't have an answer for you, but am interested in the answer, as I've just placed orders for two subscriptions--mot skin magazines, but one for Rebel Ink (I was told, it was approved more often than some others like it--maybe that was incorrect information) and one for Men's Fitness. I knew about the possibility of them sometimes being denied--just hoping for the best.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:07 AM
Texas Prison Bookstore

Approved Advertiser 

Donation Award 

This past year there was 5 issues of Maxim denied. That's the primary reason we don't sell subscriptions. Sometimes denied issues will make it past the mailroom only to be confiscated later. If a magazine gets denied they have a couple options: destroy it or ship it home if they have the money on their books to do so. If you want to buy them subscriptions you are better off not getting girly or tattoo mags. They both get denied quite often. Sometimes a lot... sometimes a few. It's a crapshoot. We have been talking again about selling subscriptions but, we hit that roadblock every time and there is just no way around it. Sincerely Bill

Quote:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tx Prison Books For This Useful Post:
Kerima (11-27-2013), satx18 (11-28-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Texas Prison Bookstore

Approved Advertiser 

Donation Award 

Men's fitness... your good to go. Rebel Ink is probably ok too. They had one denial this year ( the current issue ) and one denial last year. Sincerely Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx18 View Post
I don't have an answer for you, but am interested in the answer, as I've just placed orders for two subscriptions--mot skin magazines, but one for Rebel Ink (I was told, it was approved more often than some others like it--maybe that was incorrect information) and one for Men's Fitness. I knew about the possibility of them sometimes being denied--just hoping for the best.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tx Prison Books For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Texas Prison Bookstore

Approved Advertiser 

Donation Award 

One last thing on magazines and i'm going to shut up . For some reason they tend to vanish. Not a huge amount... but quite a few. Not sure why. Not much else vanishes. Only magazines. We have had to reship quite a few in the past years. Another reason for not selling subscriptions. Now i'm going to shut up . Sincerely Bill
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tx Prison Books For This Useful Post:
Kerima (11-27-2013), OnlyInTexas (11-27-2013), satx18 (11-28-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 08:26 AM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 PTO Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,104 Times in 1,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Prison Books View Post
One last thing on magazines and i'm going to shut up . For some reason they tend to vanish. Not a huge amount... but quite a few. Not sure why. Not much else vanishes. Only magazines. We have had to reship quite a few in the past years. Another reason for not selling subscriptions. Now i'm going to shut up . Sincerely Bill
I think we all know why, we are just smart enough not to say it out loud in a wrong place!

How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man
who insists on treating her as if she were
a perfectly normal human being.

Oscar Wilde

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunflow For This Useful Post:
edjuko (11-27-2013), Kerima (11-27-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 09:35 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
We have had magazines denied and he has not been in any trouble because of it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OnlyInTexas For This Useful Post: