Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VERMONT > Vermont Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Vermont Prison Profiles Profiles of Prisons and Jails in Vermont

Old 06-16-2004, 01:49 AM
pam6109

Default Lee County Adjustment Center in Beattyville,Ky.

this is where some of the inmates from vermont are being shipped.My son has been there for almost two yrs. need any info. holler
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2004, 11:41 AM

Default Info

I think my husband will be transfered from VT to this location sometime in the next month or so. Can you tell me how your son is doing? How is the Lee Adjustment Center treating him. Any info on the place and surrounding location would be good. Have you been to visit? How did you get there?

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2004, 10:42 AM

I have 2 friends that will likely be going to Lee once the situation around the recent riot settles. Fot the moment, they are not shipping anyone down there, but once they start up again, my friends will be going.

They also have VT inmates at Marion Adjustment Center as well.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:07 PM
" Jesus take the wheel"

Default Lee Adjustment Center

Hello,

My husband was sent down from Vermont to Lee Adjustment Center in September of 2004. I was hoping he would stay in Vermont but no such luck. I haven't been to see him but write every week. I don't know much about the place but would be glad to talk with anyone going this way.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Donation Award 

hi all im new here, my boyfriend is in KY *sigh*anyone have instant messenger?
Old 06-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO. I hope we can be a support for you here.

When did he go to KY? How long is he there for? Feel free to PM me as I am not on as much as before.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Donation Award 

i want to plan a visit for next year(i need the timeto save up money) im nervous though what if they move him or give me problems getting in. thats a lot of money im gonna be spending to get there can they get packages, like can i send him clothes? i dont know anything about this stuff....
Old 06-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Donation Award 

has anyone gone there for a visit? what does the room look like? is there a place for kids? how long is the visit? are the guards douche bags? can you hug and kiss at any point? do u just need a normal ID and birth certificate for child? thanks!
Old 06-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Donation Award 

If you go through the VT forums you will see a former CO who's been to visit her husband. She has talked about visits a bit and will probably be of help to you. I guess it's better there than in VT, more to do etc. and I think if you plan ahead your boyfriend may be able to apply for an extended visit. I'm not sure, but maybe.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Donation Award 

do u happen to know what her screen name is?thanks a bunch!!
Old 06-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Donation Award 

You know what...she wasn't a CO, so sorry. Good luck with everything.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Donation Award 

lol thanks for all your help
Old 08-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Donation Award 

So lately there have been a lot of guys requesting to be shipped out of state to KY, because it's so much better there. They can smoke tobacco, play pool, it's less frivolously strict etc. I know it's a bummer because the phones are all collect calls, far away etc. but at least the guys are more comfortable. I think busses from SSCF come and go every few weeks.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:50 AM

Default Info for Ky,2808228

Recently we were there, don't live to far from Beattyville, was raised fairly near there, so I am a native of Ky, How can I help you?
Let us know, and have a good day, Cornsilk from Ky
Old 11-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Donation Award 

hi cornsilk thank you for offering. i do have a couple questions actually...its my understanding that most if not all inmates there are from vermont so im wondering how many ppl are in the visiting room, when you went do you remember about how many people were there for visits? in your opinion are the visiting guards pleasant? did you bring a child, i have a 4 year old and im just curious if you had a child with you how the guards reacted. also, they have lockers that you bring your own lock to put your things in before you go in the visiting room right? you can bring up to $20 in singles for the vending machines? since im in vermont it will be an all day visit. thanks so much!
Old 11-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Donation Award 

Hi i<3 toby,
I haven't seen you on in awhile, hope you are doing well. Have you tried vermontgal yet? She might be able to help. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and you will get your answers soon.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Donation Award 

thanks mountainmom, ive been very busy with school havent had much time to get online. i did have a good thanksgiving my daughter and i spent a night in seabrook, nh because its next to tobys hometown and i wanted to take pics for him and send him postcards. i was able to talk to him for 45 min, expensive, but worth it ) how was your thanksgiving?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Donation Award 

It was great, thanks. We went to my sister's and had a nice relaxing day. That's so great you talked to him for so long. I trust things are going well and you must be looking forward to visiting him. We used to live near Portsmouth, NH and it's beautiful there. Did you get to see the ocean? I love getting to see the ocean at any point I possibly can, it's so soothing. Good luck with everything and I hope you get to go to KY soon.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3toby
hi cornsilk thank you for offering. i do have a couple questions actually...its my understanding that most if not all inmates there are from vermont so im wondering how many ppl are in the visiting room, when you went do you remember about how many people were there for visits? in your opinion are the visiting guards pleasant? did you bring a child, i have a 4 year old and im just curious if you had a child with you how the guards reacted. also, they have lockers that you bring your own lock to put your things in before you go in the visiting room right? you can bring up to $20 in singles for the vending machines? since im in vermont it will be an all day visit. thanks so much!
Hello Toby; Hope I am doing this right. On our visit to see our son, there were about 15 visitors, no problem, we could stay all day,8:00 am until around I think 3:00 PM, There were a few children there, maybe 5& 6 years old and 2-3 that were older, there seemed to be no problems, and the Staff were OK, We visited Sat and Sunday a very nice visit, We did take $20.00 in for the machines, both quarters and dollar bills, The things we were not to take in, we had to take them back to our vehicle, there were no problems. I have hunted many places in Vermont, and New Hampshire, also Maine and Mass, I lived in Mass for many years, although I am from Ky. If we can be of futher help any way, Let us know, Cornsilk
Old 11-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Donation Award 

oh its 2 days for visits!? hmm i hope i can get two days that would be awesome considering the expense. what about sweatshirts or keys where can you put those if there arent any lockers? thanks so much for your help.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:55 PM
A True Believer

Yes when i went i got to visit for 7 hours. I went for a full weekend the first time and over Thanksgiving last year so that was 4 days in a row to visit. Yes children are allowed. There was a tv and videos but no running around. THe gaurds i thought were friendly and talkative to us. I saw people with up to 4 visitors at a time. YOu can hug and kiss upon arrival and departure. YOu could hold hands as long as you sat across from each other. Yes 20 in ones or quarters. Yes there were lockers and you can leave to use the bathroom at anytime. As I said I enjoyed the visitation there. Kentucky is more laid back. I had a friend whos friend went to OK and he did not enjoy his stay there at all compared to KY. But yes the money you spend on collect calls is awful. I hope you have a safe trip. I went to Richmond to explore and to another town where the nearest Walmart was. Stayed in the first hotel off the interstate. Do not stay at the one up the hill near the dollar store. I did once and it was very scary, and the people would come into the room and chat like they owned the place and they had guns..enough said.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Donation Award 

wow thats nuts i dont suppose u know the street name or the place name of that hotel lol thanks for the info. although im nervous because my child is a ball of energy and all she does is run around OH NO!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 12:27 PM

Hello,wishing you all a warm and happy holiday.I will be sentenced real soon,they claim 3-5 yrs,who knows?Anyhow I was wondering when or if your transfered out of state is there any certain guidelines they follow when it comes to where your transfered.I also here there is no more good time in Vermont system??Early release?I am going in on a D.W.I charge,no one was hurt,no property damage.Any help would be nice.I am in Lamoille County now and do know I will most likley go to St.Jay but from there is what I am asking.Thank's.Todd
Old 12-12-2007, 01:45 PM

i,3toby, if you are still wondering about LAC. I can let you know consediring I did 19 months there before being transfered to north point. I worked maintenance and was in the wardens K-9 training program. I know alot of guys there and there are around 600 vermont inmates there when i left northpoint in aug. Visitation holds about 100 ppl and the guards vary depending on who is working. the best way is to call lac and ask for rules for visit and yes you can get extended vsit coming from vermont. If you need to know more let me know. I might even know your loved one. ICEMAN
Old 12-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO VTgrown and Iceman. VTGrown, you may want to pm some of the VTers to find out what you can about the VT system and what they know about transfers. Hopefully some will jump in and help too.

I'll pm you what I can. All I really know is that they like KY better than VT, it won't happen right away and you should definately try to do your best/work hard and the time will go by faster. Good Luck and this all will pass.