Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tennessee Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Tennessee prisons.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:11 PM

Default Bledsoe (BCCX) for Classification/ Reception, Straight Out of County?

My husband was moved today; he just had his last court date on this charge about 2 weeks ago, so we were expecting him to get moved in order to be classified in pretty short order. But I looked him up on FOIL today (first day he was transferred), and he's listed as in Bledsoe.

Is Bledsoe being used as a classification facility, or could it somehow be that he's already been classed (perhaps because his designation in county was changed during his time at county-- he went in as medium and went down to minimum in order to get into the kitchen to work--was transferred to the work unit). He was also told during his last court date for VOP (he had VOP plus the new charge) that within 30 days he'd be eligible for minimum security/ annex privileges...

So does anyone have any idea why he could be listed as Bledsoe? I was under the impression that Northeast and Morgan County were the only possibilities for classification for those coming from Knoxville/ East Tennessee. Is Bledsoe now doing classificatins? Or could he just be part of spillover from county and not ready to be classified quite yet? He has been in county for almost 3 months awaiting court dates, etc. Could someone advise on what could be going on with this placement and classifications in general?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel_in_tn View Post
My husband was moved today; he just had his last court date on this charge about 2 weeks ago, so we were expecting him to get moved in order to be classified in pretty short order. But I looked him up on FOIL today (first day he was transferred), and he's listed as in Bledsoe.

Is Bledsoe being used as a classification facility, or could it somehow be that he's already been classed (perhaps because his designation in county was changed during his time at county-- he went in as medium and went down to minimum in order to get into the kitchen to work--was transferred to the work unit). He was also told during his last court date for VOP (he had VOP plus the new charge) that within 30 days he'd be eligible for minimum security/ annex privileges...

So does anyone have any idea why he could be listed as Bledsoe? I was under the impression that Northeast and Morgan County were the only possibilities for classification for those coming from Knoxville/ East Tennessee. Is Bledsoe now doing classificatins? Or could he just be part of spillover from county and not ready to be classified quite yet? He has been in county for almost 3 months awaiting court dates, etc. Could someone advise on what could be going on with this placement and classifications in general?

Thank you!
Not sure about classification but I do know they moved 92 women to the annex at the new facility. Will ask my son tonite about classiication.