Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Kentucky Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 07-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,084 Times in 567 Posts
Default Prison phone calls to a home cell phone a problem?

I have my prison calls with Securus. I have a prepay account where I put the money on the account before the calls. I have both my home phone as well as my cell phone plugged into my account.99% of the time, hubby calls on the home phone, just recently he had to call the cell phone, because I wasn't home.

I also have prepay cell phone account with Verizon. I put money on my account Wed at Verizon and when I did, I noticed the extra ten dollars I kept on the phone for misc items was down to one penny, but I hadn;t bought anything. So I requested a credit and also asked where did the extra money g

She gave me the credit immediately and said it went for some special text? Now I have only text about five times on this phone, as I don't like texting. So I didn't give it anymore thought. Then I got to talking with a friend and now I wonder if that money went for the two hubby's calls? If that is the case I have blocked him from my cell phone.

More importantly tho is why would my cell phone company charge me when Securus is also charging me? Could this possibly be legal?

Today is a bad day to check back with Verizon because of the holiday, but I guess I need to do that tomorrow. Just wondered if any of you have had that experience before? Just thought I would ask. Thanks to anyone who has any thoughts on it.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2013, 10:29 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,878 Times in 13,895 Posts

All my cell plans have been "unlimited" calls, but if you are charged per minute for your phoneplan I'm gessing they can both charge you. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

My Mr has called me on my cell phone without a problem, but as stated above, I was not charged for the minutes by my cell phone company due to the phone plan I had.
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
babygirl350 (07-04-2013)
Old 07-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Patch - i have unlimited calls, texts and internet with Verizon. The extra $10.00 was actually a gift from Verizon when I got the phone. Free for me to spend it anyway I saw fit.

I am glad that you were able to get calls on your cellphone without a problem. That was a good thing. Thanks for trying to help. I will call later today when the day shift comes in.
May she rest in peace.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:15 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,878 Times in 13,895 Posts

If you have unlimited minutes, verizon should not have charged you, just Securus. I hope you get it straightened out and get your money added back to your account!
The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
babygirl350 (07-05-2013)
Old 07-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

The phone lines are very busy this morning. Can't get thru yet. But I will keep trying. Thanks
May she rest in peace.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

I finally was able to get thru to Verizon. The number that was blocked, was NOT hubby's number. It was actually a sales add and they charge you a monthly fee. That was the monthly fee $9.99. So I am glad I finally got that figured out. Nice to know that, now I can be sure I check it every month, which I always do anyway, but now I will be extra sure I do.
May she rest in peace.

The Following User Says Thank You to babygirl350 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (07-05-2013)