Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Oregon Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Oregon prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:49 PM

Default How long does it usually take for inmate to receive money?

I sent a money order to my LO at EOCI last Friday morning, and I'm not sure that it's been cashed and put into his account yet. I haven't heard from him since Monday. I know usually it only takes a few days for him to get it. I'll usually send it Friday morning, and he usually has it by Tuesday... I'm a little worried. I had tried leaving a message at DOC, but no one called back before they closed, and the post office said I would actually have to go into a post office and pay to see if had been cashed. Any ideas?

Sorry if I sound out of sorts, but I'm used to talking to him most every day... I'm sick and want to hear his voice. LOL.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Site Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,949 Times in 1,379 Posts

If you sent it last Friday - he should have it on his books by now. As long as you put all identifying inmate information on the money order you shouldn't have a problem. Try not to worry. I'm sure you will hear from him soon. Feel better!

PTO Quarterly Newsletter Fall 2014
Follow the Link to the newest Edition!

The Following User Says Thank You to nevaeh2morrow For This Useful Post:
scott992 (05-03-2013)
Old 05-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Does NOT Sugarcoat

Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,885 Posts

What do you mean you sent a money order to him at EOCI? If you sent a money order to him directly, he won't get it, unless I am clueless to a new rule.

You put money on his trust account (Inmate trust account, Salem), or by Telmate and usually, Telmate is instant. Everytime I have added money to the phone or commissary, it is there as soon as the credit card is processed.

I would think that you would hear something sooner or later as to whether he got it or not.

Peace~

Old 05-03-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InmateLover67 View Post
What do you mean you sent a money order to him at EOCI? If you sent a money order to him directly, he won't get it, unless I am clueless to a new rule.

You put money on his trust account (Inmate trust account, Salem), or by Telmate and usually, Telmate is instant. Everytime I have added money to the phone or commissary, it is there as soon as the credit card is processed.

I would think that you would hear something sooner or later as to whether he got it or not.

Peace~

No, I sent it to the DOC address in Salem. That's where I usually sent it. Earlier tonight I did send more money via Telmate.... will he get some sort of notice that he received money via Telmate this evening? I'm freaking a little. I know he had been sick lat weekend, and had to stay in medical.... I hope he isn't there again. More than anything, I'm just a bit worried about him.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:41 PM

They do get notice that they've received a deposit, how much, and from whom. If you sent the money this evening, he may not receive notice until Monday. This is just to fund his trust account, not to fund the phone, right? You can fund the phone yourself instantly. I do love that about Telmate.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:45 PM
Does NOT Sugarcoat

Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott992 View Post
No, I sent it to the DOC address in Salem. That's where I usually sent it. Earlier tonight I did send more money via Telmate.... will he get some sort of notice that he received money via Telmate this evening? I'm freaking a little. I know he had been sick lat weekend, and had to stay in medical.... I hope he isn't there again. More than anything, I'm just a bit worried about him.
I cannot honestly tell you if Telmate gives them notice of money on books, however, they do leave them a voicemail telling them they have money on the phone.

I hope you hear from him soon and he is feeling better.

Peace~

Old 05-03-2013, 10:00 PM

Thanks everyone! You've all been tremendously helpful. Sorry about all of the questions... I'm somewhat new to this.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,882 Times in 1,279 Posts

Did you mail the check from NC? Or are you living in OR now?

Adding money to the phone account - you can do it online through TelMate for no service charge. So if you have the money, might as well do it online, where they get it the same day or the next business day. They'll get a voicemail telling them how much money is on their account (not sure if it says who put the money in their phone account or not, but every time they use the phone, there is a message telling them how much money they have left in their phone funds).

Adding money to a commissary account, TelMate charges ~$10 fee for every up-to-$100 you add to the commissary account. Jpay charges ~$10 for every up-to-$300 you add to the commissary account.

If you put money in the commissary account (which you did by sending the money to salem), then they have to move the money from their commissary account to their phone account internally once they're told that the money has been deposited in their commissary account.

By adding money to their phone account using TelMate, you skip the cost of the money order/stamp/envelope, and they skip the hassle of moving money from their commissary account to their phone account. If you really like the money order way of doing things, you can still send money directly to TelMate so that it goes straight into their phone account (see this sticky about the whole system)
Old 07-23-2013, 11:20 PM

They will get a slip from Central Trust showing a telmate deposit, but it does not have your name on it. It will simply say from Telmate. Your LO will also get a voicemail saying funds have been put on their account when it goes through telmate.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flower48 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (07-24-2013)