Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Legislation
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Missouri Legislation This forum contains all information regarding current and proposed legislation for the State of Missouri.

Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 PM

Default 85 Percent law

Has anyone heard what they are doing with the 85 percent law, I heard they were trying to end it! I even wrote the house of reps to get them to introduce it or whatever it is they do lol... but I haven't really heard anything. If the law is passed, they would only have to serve half their time which my love has already done! so you can see why I'm on pins and needles lol but otherwise we have about 4 and a half years until he reaches his 85 percent! and I looked online he falls under the 85 percent time served for his "crime" :/
Old 05-05-2013, 09:12 AM

there is a law that people s trying to get introduced... check out missouri cure... send at email to tim jones telling him you want house bills 419 752 and 753 introduced...

The Following User Says Thank You to AngelGirl4u74 For This Useful Post:
MrsTred (05-05-2013)
Old 05-05-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelGirl4u74 View Post
there is a law that people s trying to get introduced... check out missouri cure... send at email to tim jones telling him you want house bills 419 752 and 753 introduced...
Yeah I know I've already emailed him! maybe I should email him again. lol I don't think I'm being impatient lol I just want him homeee!!!! but I was looking online it said it was read the second time but that was in march I will Check Missouri cure! thank u ;-)
Old 05-07-2013, 03:37 PM
PTO Research Assistant

Default Any Updates

Please keep me informed also. My son has the 85% on his charges too. He is scheduled to complete his 85% this month and come home. Will still have about a year and a half to do on parole. However I heard there is a bill that would allow that to be cut in half for good behavior.
MrsTred (05-07-2013)
Old 05-07-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msveggie View Post
Please keep me informed also. My son has the 85% on his charges too. He is scheduled to complete his 85% this month and come home. Will still have about a year and a half to do on parole. However I heard there is a bill that would allow that to be cut in half for good behavior.
will do! I went to the website it just says its been read a second time! I want them to pass it! so ready for my love to come home! worse case... if they don't we have about 4 or 5 years left so not to bad..... does your son already have a outdate? I'm hoping they give him his when he goes to see the parole board even if it is 4 years from now!.... Any bill that will help them get closer home is always good! best wishes to you all.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:13 PM
PTO Research Assistant

Default Out date

Yes, my son saw the parole board some time ago. His 85% outdate was given to him. He is scheduled to come home May 30th. That's 22 days from now. OMG, I'm so excited.

However, a dark cloud hovers our happy time. Currently he is in administrative segregation under an investigation for something he was not involved in at all. My phone calls have to find out what's going on with him have caused the investigator to become irritated with me and he took it out on my son. Told him that he had 14 cases that needed to be completed by May 22nd and he didn't appreciate his mother making phone calls. He said he simply did not care if my son was guilty or not, the mere fact that he was there was reason enough for him to find him guilty. Happy now? You can tell your mother to stop making phone calls. Hmmmm . . . Well that's not going to happen.

Sure hope my boy comes home this month as he is scheduled to do. His parole officer came out to the house and approved his homeplan. Took a piece of paper to my son stating that it was approved and nothing further needed to be done.

Frustrating times to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTred View Post
will do! I went to the website it just says its been read a second time! I want them to pass it! so ready for my love to come home! worse case... if they don't we have about 4 or 5 years left so not to bad..... does your son already have a outdate? I'm hoping they give him his when he goes to see the parole board even if it is 4 years from now!.... Any bill that will help them get closer home is always good! best wishes to you all.
MrsTred (05-07-2013)
Old 05-07-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msveggie View Post
Yes, my son saw the parole board some time ago. His 85% outdate was given to him. He is scheduled to come home May 30th. That's 22 days from now. OMG, I'm so excited.

However, a dark cloud hovers our happy time. Currently he is in administrative segregation under an investigation for something he was not involved in at all. My phone calls have to find out what's going on with him have caused the investigator to become irritated with me and he took it out on my son. Told him that he had 14 cases that needed to be completed by May 22nd and he didn't appreciate his mother making phone calls. He said he simply did not care if my son was guilty or not, the mere fact that he was there was reason enough for him to find him guilty. Happy now? You can tell your mother to stop making phone calls. Hmmmm . . . Well that's not going to happen.

Sure hope my boy comes home this month as he is scheduled to do. His parole officer came out to the house and approved his homeplan. Took a piece of paper to my son stating that it was approved and nothing further needed to be done.

Frustrating times to be sure.
wowwww I feel like they were being rude :/ you were just calling concerned that is bs but I sure hope your son gets his out date! Praying for you guys. It's sooooo close I would be excited as well! I'm hoping when my love goes to see them next year, they give him his 85 percent outdate if the bill doesnt pass but if it does.... he could be home soon! he has already done half of his time! I'm so excited for him to come home but so patient at the same time I'm still tripping off how they were being... just rude... He will get that outdate! best of luck
Old 05-10-2013, 03:11 PM

Unhappy 85%

The 85% bill is referred to as MO HB752. I check the website everyday to see what they're doing with it. It has to be appointed to a committee and it has not. I've written several emails to Tim Jones, Rory Ellinger(rep that introduced the bil) and my own Rep in Kansas City, MO. But I can't get anyone to answer me.
So I just keep checking. You can go online at mo.house.gov and track the bill it's HB 752. I too am on pins and needles hope this bill will pass.
The Following User Says Thank You to liltiny52 For This Useful Post:
MrsTred (05-10-2013)
Old 05-10-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liltiny52 View Post
The 85% bill is referred to as MO HB752. I check the website everyday to see what they're doing with it. It has to be appointed to a committee and it has not. I've written several emails to Tim Jones, Rory Ellinger(rep that introduced the bil) and my own Rep in Kansas City, MO. But I can't get anyone to answer me.
So I just keep checking. You can go online at mo.house.gov and track the bill it's HB 752. I too am on pins and needles hope this bill will pass.

Yeah I too look on the website everyday, lol its good to know I'm not the only one!!! ;-) yeah, according to the website its just been read 2 times but I guess we have to keep trying to email/call! I really hope this is passed. I'm ready for my love to come home and the rest of the fam. I'm praying this bill will be passed!!!!!! you can sign the petition as well, its been sent to the govenor so he knows theres MANY of us who will this passed.... heres the link :http://www.thepetitionsite.com/380/7...andatory-mini/
Old 05-10-2013, 09:50 PM

This doesn't apply to us but I'm going on now to sign it. I too pray that its passed!

The Following User Says Thank You to msreauna For This Useful Post:
MrsTred (05-11-2013)
Old 05-11-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msreauna View Post
This doesn't apply to us but I'm going on now to sign it. I too pray that its passed!
Thank you much!!!! ;-) and if you know anybody else who is willing to sign it you can email it to them... Yes I hope its passed too because for one just having them sit there for years upon years isn't right. When you have people who are able to committ the same crime 6 and 7 times and are not required to serve 85 percent but when the crime is considered violent they have to do 85 percent. my love has been there for 7 years! and if they don't pass it were looking at another 5 at least....!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:01 PM

I hope that it can pass because my fiancé has did his 85 percent or will do it soon I think. I will keep checking and voting. I did sign the petition and wonder if I can sign it again. I am debating on telling my fiancé we should post pone getting married until he gets out but I am not sure if it will happen,. Sorry I got off track here. Thanks everyone for the info I am going to see if they updated and check back here also
Old 06-23-2013, 08:09 PM

I found the contact info for the person in charge of the 85 percent bill. http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?...=086&year=2013 Hope this helps maybe we all can contact him and see if what is going to happen
Old 07-12-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frwifeofinmate View Post
I found the contact info for the person in charge of the 85 percent bill. http://www.house.mo.gov/member.aspx?...=086&year=2013 Hope this helps maybe we all can contact him and see if what is going to happen
Yes!!! I go on the website and check a lot but it seems like their talking their sweet time. I would like if they passed it because my bf would be coming home in feb. but if they don't his crd is may 2015 and if not he has a outdate of may 2017